Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Haven’t seen any Zenith Red VINs for some time. Oh well……..
I think there was one this week if you scroll back a few pages. Not sure if it was a cancellation though. I’m sure we’ll see a whole bunch all at once when the next batch of reds starts production

I’m waiting for Zenith red myself. I seem to remember from a few months ago, you and I confirmed within days of each other.
You are correct. I just checked the tracker and I confirmed a week after you. Fingers crossed for all of us

I think there was one this week if you scroll back a few pages. Not sure if it was a cancellation though. I’m sure we’ll see a whole bunch all at once when the next batch of reds starts production
Page 71, Aug 9. However, it is the only Red VIN issued since 2 were issued on June 16. Large gap, with no explanation makes everyone else question the production abilities of Lucid. Patience will be rewarded.

My March 28 confirmation somehow didn't make it into the recent Wave 'o' White VIN batch, so I suppose I'll be waiting for a while longer until white rolls around again.

My March 28 confirmation somehow didn't make it into the recent Wave 'o' White VIN batch, so I suppose I'll be waiting for a while longer until white rolls around again.
All those White Tahoe April confirmations that got VINs would irritate me so I'm glad you are showing a calm exterior. The Tempe warehouse with angry truckers waiting to get unloaded...Maybe the guy that had the Mohave components decided to leave without unloading leading to a shortage and your car not getting started. Maybe word spreading and Lucid having trouble getting truckers to deliver to Tempe. Mgmt too busy dealing with quality issues, inability to ramp, grey delay, silver harmonization to plan for warehouse issues. They're putting themselves in zumzwang.

If there is one absolute I'm taking away from the months I've been on this forum that I will adhere to when ordering my midsize Lucid - do not order a color Lucid has not produced before. Red with the DE, Grey and Silver with the GT all caused delays. It will be interesting to see what happens if they introduce a tri-motor exclusive color or new colors for the Air in a couple of years whether Lucid and their vendors have figured out how to get it right when production is supposed to start. Maybe Lucid will change my absolute to just a suggestion.

I am hoping for a huge red wave starting right now.

Mods: correction for my Tracker info: My confirmation was 3/28 (not 3/23), White, changed to Santa Cruz, 19" wheels

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe
12 VIN assigned in 12 days

12/12*365/0.05=7300 VIN assignment annually. That’s way better than Q1 and Q2, my brothers of zenith red, hang in there! All are coming soon!

Back