Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Annnnd Im March 23rd confirmation. Where's my VIN. Red/Tahoe/19. hehe. I know I know lil more patience!
I reserved Silver GT IN 11/21. CONFIRMED IN 3/22. Started following this blog and found out silver delayed. Changed to grey in may, someone backed out so i was given their car, received VIN late may and car delivered 8/8. I initially put down reservation and figured I would decide down the road. When i was advised car was complete i tried Lucid financing but they wouldn’t give me rate or buy back/residual So i passed. I am lucky enough to be able to go all cash

Right before delivery i had doubts. I had not seen the car on the road in NY and i expected earnings call to be bad and it was. I read over comments on blog and I understood the frustration of people who made reservation. I took a leap of faith

Car has some minor bugs in software and sound system but it drives great and is really fun to drive. I have had BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES and Porsche. I like my lucid the best and it is the most fun to drive. The interior is almost as nice as my S560 and nicer than any interior in an EV that i have seen.

Lucid is a start up. Expect some issues and frustrations. Communication could be better but it always could be better. However acknowledge that there are delays right now in everything from raw materials to baby formula to flavored water to chips required in an EV. Once their employees had actual info they were very responsive. Victoria gave my updates when she had them and Michael delivered my car and also was very good.

i am not a motor head or frankly very computer literate, i just like cars. Once again I understand the frustrations but hang in there, it will be worth it. After having the car for a week i have no doubts this company will make it.

I reserved Silver GT IN 11/21. CONFIRMED IN 3/22. Started following this blog and found out silver delayed. Changed to grey in may, someone backed out so i was given their car, received VIN late may and car delivered 8/8. I initially put down reservation and figured I would decide down the road. When i was advised car was complete i tried Lucid financing but they wouldn’t give me rate or buy back/residual So i passed. I am lucky enough to be able to go all cash

Right before delivery i had doubts. I had not seen the car on the road in NY and i expected earnings call to be bad and it was. I read over comments on blog and I understood the frustration of people who made reservation. I took a leap of faith

Car has some minor bugs in software and sound system but it drives great and is really fun to drive. I have had BMW, AUDI, MERCEDES and Porsche. I like my lucid the best and it is the most fun to drive. The interior is almost as nice as my S560 and nicer than any interior in an EV that i have seen.

Lucid is a start up. Expect some issues and frustrations. Communication could be better but it always could be better. However acknowledge that there are delays right now in everything from raw materials to baby formula to flavored water to chips required in an EV. Once their employees had actual info they were very responsive. Victoria gave my updates when she had them and Michael delivered my car and also was very good.

i am not a motor head or frankly very computer literate, i just like cars. Once again I understand the frustrations but hang in there, it will be worth it. After having the car for a week i have no doubts this company will make it.
Congrats on your new vehicle. Very happy to read such a glowing endorsement. Looking forward to receiving mine, hopefully soon🤞🤞🤞🤞
Jess, if you are reading this , go kick some ass at the Seattle center and magically make my car appear , STAT.😉😉

Reserved in Dec'21, Confirmed in Mar'22, getting delivery this week.
Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 21"
Do you know your VIN issued date from email? The forum use those milestone dates to track progress of production speed.

Just got the call sales contract will be emailed within 24 hours and my GT/gray/Mohave will be complete within “days”. VIN assigned May 13, 94 days ago
Congratulations! 10 mos, what were you told when you ordered?

Delivered today. A paint chip on door handle and panel gap issue with the frunk. The driver has to crawl through the trunk to get into the car to drive it out. 😆 took only a few miles to get use to regen braking.

Attachments

• Car pic 1.jpg
    Car pic 1.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 176
  • car pic 2.jpg
    car pic 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 153
  • Car pic3.jpg
    Car pic3.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 154
  • car pic 4.jpg
    car pic 4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 154
  • car pic 5.jpg
    car pic 5.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 178
Delivered today. A paint chip on door handle and panel gap issue with the frunk. The driver has to crawl through the trunk to get into the car to drive it out. 😆 took only a few miles to get use to regen braking.
Dang, have a pic of the paint chip? Also, grats!

Quick question: noticed that couple weeks ago, the five letter order code changed to a longer code - in my case AD4556-57189. I reached out to DA, and he said that my vehicle is currently queued for production, but no vin as of yet.

Does anyone know if this change means anything?

Ordered 6/18. Zenith Red;SC;21”

Attachments

• 0BE1CC98-4091-4329-96D4-343DBBC8CEC3.png
    0BE1CC98-4091-4329-96D4-343DBBC8CEC3.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
Quick question: noticed that couple weeks ago, the five letter order code changed to a longer code - in my case AD4556-57189. I reached out to DA, and he said that my vehicle is currently queued for production, but no vin as of yet.

Mine changed also, no VIN yet

Hm, my order doesn’t have a number shown, just the vehicle and order date.

So this must mean I’m behind you guys, ahead of you guys. Or… it means nothing.

IMG_3284.jpg

The last two numbers “89” mean you are getting coat hooks.

My order confirmation email in April has the order number in AD4556-57189 format right from when Lucid acknowledged my order and my order on the website has always shown that number. "queued for production" just means the order was sent to the factory but is simply an entry in the queue of cars to be produced. Next step is "start of production" then VIN assignment. Depending on your DA, you may not be notified until VIN assignment. Color seems to be the biggest factor in how quickly you get your VIN. Black and White are fastest, 2 to 4 months to get a VIN. Red, 4 to 6 months. Grey is all over the place but probably 5 to 7 months.

Back