Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Xpel Prime XR PLUS 30 (All Side & Back Glass)
Xpel Prime XR PLUS 70 (Front Windshield)

I could haven gotten even earlier (2 months more) if I accepted a cancelation of zenith red, 19”, Santa Cruz. But I really like this combo and waited. Lucid did a tremendous job in their paint department, not only was I impressed with the depth of this paint can changes tone like chameleon, my PPF guys were very impressed with AGT’s paint details all around.
Thank you. If you had to do again, would you go with those same specs? Did 70 make the reflection lines on the windshield disappear?

Thank you. If you had to do again, would you go with those same specs? Did 70 make the reflection lines on the windshield disappear?
You sat in my car with the same front tint, for a short time that is 😂, I still notice it only when looking for it though

I honestly couldn’t tell a difference. I still see reflection while at same time in the dark of night, I can still see moon and stars above me.

The logic is that they batch production runs with similar options. So they’ll do a bunch of white, then a bunch of grey, then a bunch of red, and so on. At that point, if they want to do 100 white cars, and someone who ordered white three weeks after you is among those hundred, they will get their car before you.

FIFO is a nice thought on paper, but logistically it doesn’t work if you need to ship thousands of cars.
Also have to consider interior options and delivery location. Problems keep popping up as different input materials suddenly become unavailable or bottlenecks arise in PDI or transport. It is a big puzzle for this young company to manage smoothly.

Also have to consider interior options and delivery location. Problems keep popping up as different input materials suddenly become unavailable or bottlenecks arise in PDI or transport. It is a big puzzle for this young company to manage smoothly.
They are ramping up 2nd and 3rd shift in the next few months after getting this first shift down correctly and confidently. IMO, they are merely 3~4 months behind production teething. Actually delivery 360(Q1)+ 679(Q2) = 1039, that should have been their Q1 number for 1200.

See FIFO doesn't quite work, sure! But perhaps setting those expectations would make people like me feel better. I live in Scottsdale, so location isn't an issue. They're delivering cars and so we know input materials isn't an issue either unless it's something to do with interior colors. If the DAs could be a touch (not a lot) more proactive by stating such facts, it would make things better. Not to mention it takes them 2 weeks for a generic email reply saying 'we still don't know what's up' My 2cents

See FIFO doesn't quite work, sure! But perhaps setting those expectations would make people like me feel better. I live in Scottsdale, so location isn't an issue. They're delivering cars and so we know input materials isn't an issue either unless it's something to do with interior colors. If the DAs could be a touch (not a lot) more proactive by stating such facts, it would make things better. Not to mention it takes them 2 weeks for a generic email reply saying 'we still don't know what's up' My 2cents
Schedule a phone call to talk to DA., very efficient.

You confirmed your order on March 23rd. What were you expecting? to have the car in 2 to 4 months? Put an order in with anyone at the moment and tell me if you can get a built from factory car in that timeframe. Now, if the DA has been feeding you false information then that's a different story but under the current circumstances I wouldn't be expecting the car until September \ October at the earliest.

You confirmed your order on March 23rd. What were you expecting? to have the car in 2 to 4 months? Put an order in with anyone at the moment and tell me if you can get a built from factory car in that timeframe. Now, if the DA has been feeding you false information then that's a different story but under the current circumstances I wouldn't be expecting the car until September \ October at the earliest.
All I'm saying is taking the effort to communicate proactively in some sort of continuous interval leads to setting expectations and instils faith and confidence in your brand. Currently it is "oh you're getting your VIN this month" and then "oh actually we have zero idea as to when that will happen". It's not like Thanos is snapping his fingers to bring the factory and it's working in and out of existence every month

Oh just one more thing. Pay attention to the tracker and see how a 4 month delivery timeframe is being conformed to even now! So we're all trying to get to the bottom of the miscalculations in general.

You sat in my car with the same front tint, for a short time that is 😂, I still notice it only when looking for it though
Did you notice it before you had it tinted? It’s the only thing that bugs me, so hopefully it lessens after tint. Right now I just have a black cloth over the part that’s in my line of sight and it helps.

I honestly couldn’t tell a difference. I still see reflection while at same time in the dark of night, I can still see moon and stars above me.
That’s bizarre. I think it’s like the gold dress/blue dress thing. Some people see it and some don’t. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of chatter about it, so maybe I’m in the minority.

All I'm saying is taking the effort to communicate proactively in some sort of continuous interval leads to setting expectations and instils faith and confidence in your brand. Currently it is "oh you're getting your VIN this month" and then "oh actually we have zero idea as to when that will happen". It's not like Thanos is snapping his fingers to bring the factory and it's working in and out of existence every month
Do you want him to reach out proactively every 2 weeks and say what? If he doesn't have any information to share then what's the point. I've said this before, the DA's can only give you information their given. Their not misleading you. I reserved in Oct. of 21 Confirmed Dec of 21 Vin assigned Apr. of 22 and took delivery June 9th of 22.
Oh just one more thing. Pay attention to the tracker and see how a 4 month delivery timeframe is being conformed to even now! So we're all trying to get to the bottom of the miscalculations in general.

That's what I was alluding to. If your DA is telling you something and it doesn't eventuate then question whether they actually knew or they were just telling you something you wanted to hear. One miss here or there should be forgiven but if you're consistently being told things and as time goes on the story changes ask for a new DA or to speak to the person who runs the department. It's well known on this forum that some (not all) DA's are known to embellish and ends up just making matters worse. My understanding of late is that DA's have been told not to give out dates etc. to avoid pissing of customers if the day/date passes and nothing changed.

To be fair on the DA's, I get that you should get a communication when something changes but is a weekly/bi-weekly communication from a DA saying "nothing has changed" really warranted or going to satisfy someone? Seems like a lot of work on the DA's part to provide no useful information. I don't know how many customers each DA has assigned to them but if it's a lot then sending a "no update" email is just a waste of valuable resource time.

I also don't think the DA's have much visibility into Lucid's backend. When I had my issue escalated to an Exec they told me "your car is (x) cars away from coming off the production line. It should have come off a couple of days ago so not sure what the issue is at the moment". If the DA had access to this info, i'm sure they would have told me so I think what they can see is very limited.

That’s bizarre. I think it’s like the gold dress/blue dress thing. Some people see it and some don’t. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of chatter about it, so maybe I’m in the minority.
Oh! Btw I’m near-sighted with stigmatism and developing presbyopia wearing progressive lens. 🧐

I agree with you.. Lucid wants $140/$160k for their GT, and with all the delays and missed self-imposed deadlines, they should communicate with us regularly, even if the update is "no update".

I'm now in the delivery window my SA set for me, and while I haven't been waiting too long, me and my SA have made 5 total attempts to get a response from my DA and we haven't heard a peep. I lose confidence day by day and it is starting to taint the image I have for Lucid.

completely unreasonable. I work on million dollar+ projects and when there is a window in the timeline that we know nothing is going to happen the PM isn't messaging me weekly to say "per the timeline, nothing has changed". Time is money and to waste peoples time by sending unnecessary emails is pointless. It brings no value and I don't want the pointless spam in my inbox.

completely unreasonable. I work on million dollar+ projects and when there is a window in the timeline that we know nothing is going to happen the PM isn't messaging me weekly to say "per the timeline, nothing has changed". Time is money and to waste peoples time by sending unnecessary emails is pointless. It brings no value and I don't want the pointless spam in my inbox.
Not to mention there are 37k reservations, there is no way all DAs can track and communicate all progress periodically. All they can do is pass info on major milestone.

Do you want him to reach out proactively every 2 weeks and say what? If he doesn't have any information to share then what's the point. I've said this before, the DA's can only give you information their given. Their not misleading you. I reserved in Oct. of 21 Confirmed Dec of 21 Vin assigned Apr. of 22 and took delivery June 9th of 22.
Yes. I'd think inconveniencing DAs for perhaps a couple of minutes ever so often goes a long way. New information or not, it's a great exercise for brand building. If they'd already have a proven track record, then sure get somewhat lazy, but not at the onset of a great engineering car company. I'm not questioning everyone's thresholds of patience, just principals of a company

Back