October OTA Updates

This High

I just did Highway Assist! It is frigging awesome!!! 😎 I admit it is rather more intimidating at 65~65 mph in rush hours traffic than Auto Park. I also found some glitches it caused, I will report in the BUG thread.

Basically, you need both hands on wheel, I’m not sure facial recognition camera can see your hands are not on wheel more than just sterling wheel sensory. Whenever there is a lane merge situation or divergent lane for exit, it will require driver firmer grip of command and prompt more red warning.

View attachment 5692
You don’t need both hands on the wheel. After driving with it for a few hours, you get the hang of how much pressure you need to keep on it, and can do it with a single hand.

2.0.12 bug: not a big deal, but I put the system in screen cleaning mode to wipe the fingerprints, and when I got to the left side of the dash, my wipers started going and my hood opened :)

2.0.12 bug: not a big deal, but I put the system in screen cleaning mode to wipe the fingerprints, and when I got to the left side of the dash, my wipers started going and my hood opened :)
I couldn’t replicate your big.

Boy, it is really hard to keep up with all of these posts. Whew.
I just returned from testing out my Lucid with the 2.12 update. As you all know by now, it is totally awesome! The only glitch I had was trying to open the charge port using my App. It had worked prior to the updates but did not when I just went to an EA charging station for the first time. I could open it manually and using the center pilot screen but not with the App. I have reported it to Len and team using the email address he gave us.

Are you saying I need to wiggle the wheel a little?
No. Just squeeze a little bit. It takes a little getting used to, but you don’t need to move the wheel at all. If you do, it’ll override HA.

I had the same experience, except only the frunk opened. @Tesla2.0 said he couldn’t replicate it. As two of us have reported it, I think there is a real bug here. It might matter whether or not you have your foot on the brake while doing the cleaning. I might try to replicate it, but I don’t want the windshield wipers coming on with a dry windshield. The unexpected frunk opening I can deal with, as long as there are no obstacles in the way.

This tread has blown up so quickly that I am posting this on page 45 already. Wow! I have noticed a number of really helpful suggestions on dealing with issues that have cropped up because of the 2.05 through 2.12 updates. However, finding them throughout this thread is a challenge. Thus, I have gone through pages 1 through 42 and grabbed the ones that are most relivant to me and put them into a PFD document, which is attached here. They address: High Beam Assist, Mobile Key, m/kWh readout, hard resets, Quick update after 2.0.8 install, FOB Update, 2.08 Update Highlights, Getting Alexa to recognize contacts try this

Attachments

No bitching at all .. it's awesome to have it .. we all agree .. and the ability to recall the last setting should be a LOW priority item, but just because some folks that default it off are happy w/ the way it works shouldn't imply that others who'd prefer that BOTH preferences work [at some later date] should be ignored or ridiculed. Enhancements should be considered (especially when they are similar to how other luxury brands have successfully implemented the feature) as "enhancement requests", documented, and at some point, addressed. NOT sure why this is such a big issue!
You guys: How about enough already!

Super odd. Have you tried toggling the satellite view on and off? If that doesn’t help, definitely email OTAUpdate

Please go into your profile settings in the car and ensure Key Detection is on and that the mobile device is listed and paired. For me and many others, key detection was off post-update. After I turned it on it worked flawlessly.

I didn't leave the fobs in the car during the downloads, but my fob is working well since the updates. I have gone into the garage several times with only the fob on me (no mobile key), and the car has instantly opened and brought up the screens.

I have had a couple of episodes, though, of the front and rearview camera images not coming up when I back out of the garage. I am getting the bird's eye view that seems to have input from both those cameras, so the issue seems to be with getting the image to the screen, not with the cameras failing to activate.

I can’t wait to get the car back from the body shop and try all of this out and retry the Mobile Key. One of the perks to the body shop being located midway between Charlotte and my lakehouse is that it will mean an extended drive to try things out. I really hope they finish up on a Thursday or Friday so it means a pickup on the way to the lake, followed by an hour and a half drive backed to Charlotte on Sunday, probably 2-3 weeks from now.

You don’t need both hands on the wheel. After driving with it for a few hours, you get the hang of how much pressure you need to keep on it, and can do it with a single hand.

Yes, but you can't do it by keeping your left elbow on the armrest and resting your index finger on the side of the wheel. It does require a bit more pressure than that.

I've always preferred to drive a car myself and have a history of using cruise control so infrequently that I have forgotten how to turn it on in some of my cars. I'm glad Highway Assist is now available for those who want it but, already being on the fence with such assistance, having to keep my hand on the wheel utterly removes my interest in using it. (No slight to Lucid technology here; I have almost never used Tesla driver assistance features in the seven years I've driven Teslas. I don't even know how to turn it on in our Plaid.)

Maybe when eye recognition becomes sufficient to keep the feature engaged . . . .

My maps are also dark since 2.05. Mine are still readable. ( Haven't received further updates.)

You are the third person on this thread to report this problem since these updates began. Lucid, are you listening?

I sent an email to [email protected] about this. They asked for screen shots, so I sent them. Bizarrely, though, the map image on the lower screen was MUCH brighter in the photograph than it appears to the naked eye. The upper screen, however, photographed as dark as it appears to the eye. Weird.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very replicable for me. Could be different hardware. I have an early GT
My GT was produced in March, delivered in April. I’m not sure if that is early or not. I tried couple time, couldn’t replicate it. Maybe some hardware differences.

Clearly you activated "Herbie" mode 😂

1666050260886.webp

No. Just squeeze a little bit. It takes a little getting used to, but you don’t need to move the wheel at all. If you do, it’ll override HA.
Are you holding near the bottom of the wheel? I put a strong grip on it after getting the hands on wheel warning and it just progressed to red alert status. I had to move my hands to where the picture shows. I'll have to play with grip pressure but it isn't much use if I can't just have a relaxed grip on where I am comfortable holding the wheel. I held it firmly in my normal position and still got an alert. Could the bottom part of the wheel behave differently than the rest? Next chance you get, can you test with your hands below the spokes of the wheel?

Reactions: DJL
Are you holding near the bottom of the wheel? I put a strong grip on it after getting the hands on wheel warning and it just progressed to red alert status. I had to move my hands to where the picture shows. I'll have to play with grip pressure but it isn't much use if I can't just have a relaxed grip on where I am comfortable holding the wheel. I held it firmly in my normal position and still got an alert. Could the bottom part of the wheel behave differently than the rest? Next chance you get, can you test with your hands below the spokes of the wheel?
Every car is different when it comes to this. Mess around with different positions on the wheel to find out where the sweet spot is. On the Tesla I know where I can keep just my thumb to shut it up and yesterday on the Lucid I kept my hand wrapped around the wheel in the bottom left corner and seemed to manage fine with one hand. It's certainly not capacitive on the Lucid but it doesn't seem to require as much force as what a Tesla does.

Squeezing did not work for me with my hands on the bottom of the wheel. It took a little torque or wiggle.

Back