Now I understand

Mawashi Geri

Cars
2023 Air Grand Tour
I have read about it but really did not fully comprehend how the Lucid AGT turns heads. I took issue of it on Dec 13th. Have not had much wheel time because of bad Northwest weather and do not want to drive it much before the full wrap scheduled in January.

That being said, I went for a drive today. First went for a coffee. Not even two miles from my house and I had heads turning looking at the Lucid. My other half was with me. She just laughed about how the group of admirers just stopped dead in their tracks and walked backwards looking at us drive away. No more than ten minutes later I was in Issaquah stopped in the left turn lane. I did not see it but a new Tesla Plaid S came up to me in the right lane, stopped and acknowledged his approval of the Lucid. Again, my other half just laughed. She thought I purposely left a gap behind the car in front of me to be where the Tesla would be stopping. This car does turn heads. I am now understanding what others have posted about. A fun drive.

The attention can be super entertaining for sure! The last time I had this kind of attention was just the first couple months of my 2017 Lincoln MKZ black label. Once they became common, it lost that head-turning attention. I suspect this honeymoon period of attention will last at least one more year, though

My favorites are:

"What is that?"
"Is that a Lucid?"
"That's a Lucid!"
"What do you do?!"
*Random aggressive thumbs-up*
*Making the rest of their group turn around*

The only downside to the positive attention is that it comes with the negative/crime attention too. I'm a bit paranoid whenever leaving my car unattended for more than 15 min.

TThe only downside to the positive attention is that it comes with the negative/crime attention too. I'm a bit paranoid whenever leaving my car unattended for more than 15 min.
I switched my paint from red to silver for this reason.
I'm finding the silver blends so well when parked among "normal" cars nobody notices it.

• Sad
Reactions: DJL
The car is stunning. I see a few around the SoCal SGV area and every single time it gets me. Sometimes I'm in my own car and other times I'm riding my bike, but literally every time I find myself starring.

I have yet to see one at night though, I bet they look so cool when all you can see are the outlines of the headlights or taillight.

This helps reenforce my decision to go for my custom plate idea … it’s a screening test!

051F346E-64C5-4E67-8583-5A435265E856.jpeg

The car is stunning. I see a few around the SoCal SGV area and every single time it gets me. Sometimes I'm in my own car and other times I'm riding my bike, but literally every time I find myself starring.

I have yet to see one at night though, I bet they look so cool when all you can see are the outlines of the headlights or taillight.
You in my hood. Was told there are 5 GTs plus me!

You have passed the test Grasshopper… but then again, I would expect most users on this for him to get it! 😎
Lol it took me a second because I read it as No Audi G and then figured that couldn’t be right

I've seen a white, black, and I think grey.

The black one was parked outside their house, and I was riding by and damn near crashed.
If you see a gold, that's me 😄

I switched my paint from red to silver for this reason.
I'm finding the silver blends so well when parked among "normal" cars nobody notices it.
I was deciding between red and silver as well, and chose silver for the same reason. If I'm in the grocery store for an hour, I don't really want undue attention to my car. And that has been the case for the last two weeks.
Actually, the silver is more low key than I thought it would be though. It is definitely different than the sample that I saw at the showroom. It's a warmer silver color, less metallic and sparkly.

The attention can be super entertaining for sure! The last time I had this kind of attention was just the first couple months of my 2017 Lincoln MKZ black label. Once they became common, it lost that head-turning attention. I suspect this honeymoon period of attention will last at least one more year, though

My favorites are:

"What is that?"
"Is that a Lucid?"
"That's a Lucid!"
"What do you do?!"
*Random aggressive thumbs-up*
*Making the rest of their group turn around*

The only downside to the positive attention is that it comes with the negative/crime attention too. I'm a bit paranoid whenever leaving my car unattended for more than 15 min.
The air very much resembles a lincoln
No doubt
Local C& C that was the consensus

The air very much resembles a lincoln
No doubt
I'm always very confused when people say the air looks like a honda accord, toyota camry, buick, lincoln etc. I've looked over an over again and I see zero similarities between these cars and lucid's design. The only thing similar I've been able to find is the headlights on the honda accord, but that's a stretch already. Maybe I'm missing something 🤷‍♂️. I find lucid's design incredibly unique for its beautiful simplicity but elegant aggressiveness; all the other automaker's concept for a futuristic car is something that looks like it was punched in the face and with a billion headlights on it. The only car I find remotely similar to the lucid is the gold Citroen DS, especially the rear quarter.

I'm always very confused when people say the air looks like a honda accord, toyota camry, buick, lincoln etc. I've looked over an over again and I see zero similarities between these cars and lucid's design. The only thing similar I've been able to find is the headlights on the honda accord, but that's a stretch already. Maybe I'm missing something 🤷‍♂️. I find lucid's design incredibly unique for its beautiful simplicity but elegant aggressiveness; all the other automaker's concept for a futuristic car is something that looks like it was punched in the face and with a billion headlights on it. The only car I find remotely similar to the lucid is the gold Citroen DS, especially the rear quarter.
Was just the consensus at local cars & cofee between 10-15 onlookers.

Back