Noise vibration while charging at EA

LCID4EVA

Cars
Lucid air touring
Vibration /Noise while charging

State of charge - 50%
150kw EA charging station delivering 50-90kwh.
AC running while charging.
No noise/ vibration until 75% charge level.

Noise/Vibration kicks in at ard 76% charge and continues through 80%. See attached video.

Have any of you seen this ? Would you say this is normal?

I think it's normal as i've experienced in every EV i've been in when DC fast charging. I suspect is fans, etc. from the thermal management system.

Fan noise increases rather dramatically as the SOC gets pretty high as the battery unit heat dissipation needs increase.

Checking with Tesla owners. No one experienced these levels or noise and vibration.

Checking with Tesla owners. No one experienced these levels or noise and vibration.

LOL, Ok......

I've been in multiple Tesla's and experienced the same thing when charging at a SuperCharger

That noise of out of control lol

This is normal for DC fast charging.

ok I get the noise is normal but what about the vibrations?

Put in a ticket. You might have an unbalanced fan or worse an a/c compressor that’s failing. Or it’s nothing.

From 20% to 60% it was quiet but it starts buzzing after 60%. I’m pulling 100kW. This is normal for Lucids.
Vibration /Noise while charging

State of charge - 50%
150kw EA charging station delivering 50-90kwh.
AC running while charging.
No noise/ vibration until 75% charge level.

Noise/Vibration kicks in at ard 76% charge and continues through 80%. See attached video.

Have any of you seen this ? Would you say this is normal?
View attachment 8979

Attachments

• IMG_1917.MOV
    13.4 MB

Took a video of how the car now sounds when charging. This level of noise doesn’t last the entire charge cycle. It didn’t sound like this until recently (now 3,500 miles).

Has anyone else felt the entire car shudder hard very briefly when these fans/pumps kick in?

Has anyone else felt the entire car shudder hard very briefly when these fans/pumps kick in?
Yep, mine just did. It went away shortly after.

Yep, mine just did. It went away shortly after.
Yeah, it's a really short event. This would be a cool example of tuning a behavior with code. "This release provides improvements to the battery cooling systems while charging by adjusting the motor speeds to be more mellifluous and calming."

Took a video of how the car now sounds when charging. This level of noise doesn’t last the entire charge cycle. It didn’t sound like this until recently (now 3,500 miles).
I've had 4 EVs and never heard a sound like that when charging. Something must be wrong, especially since it wasn't do this before.

By the look of the video, you're Level 1/2 charging and not DCFC. That noise does seem odd, the only noise I've heard is a buzzing from the front of the vehicle while at EA and when battery level was over 80% or so. I suggest you have Lucid come look at this ... it doesn't seem right!

By the look of the video, you're Level 1/2 charging and not DCFC. That noise does seem odd, the only noise I've heard is a buzzing from the front of the vehicle while at EA and when battery level was over 80% or so. I suggest you have Lucid come look at this ... it doesn't seem right!
I do have a service appointment next week and have added this issue.

Back