No software update in way more then a month!?

I think like most (not all) members here, I tend to have very few problems with door handle presentation on the latest software (which my car basically came with). BUT, situations like hmp described do still happen maybe 5% of the time and all it takes is once in an inopportune or embarrassing situation to magnify the negative experience.

I believe it’s 100% avoidable by doing things like activating your app before approaching your car, making sure you don’t have the fob/key card/phone in the car while your other unlocking device is outside the car (for that matter, shouldn’t the car just automatically NOT be able to lock if the fob is left inside so you don’t accidentally lock your ‘keys’ inside the car?), checking your fob battery level, always carrying a plan B (like key card), approaching your car slowly and watching it like a hawk so you are ready to immediately initiate plan B if the handles aren’t presenting themselves etc. But of course I understand that we shouldn’t HAVE to do such things just to be comfortable that the car will open 100% of the time it’s supposed to.
Great points… I’ve implemented a version of this with almost a hyper-vigilance walking up to the car. I hadn’t been carrying the card but have recently put it in my wallet as a just in case measure.

I have said this before, most owners and potential buyers would be a lot less "grumpy" if Lucid management just said that they screwed the software up but are working on it and will be fixed around (pick a date).
No they won't. Customers (especially non technical ones) assume bugs are "easy" to fix and should take no more than 3 days for 1 dev to do it and push it to production in another 2 days. In my 30 years experience in different mid size, large and mega huge companies customers all react the same whether you give them daily updates or monthly. ie b*tch as hard as possible and then ask why the software was rushed.

Yeah same issues with key fob for me, too. I’m on 1.2.1 but haven’t had the “opportunity” to experience previous builds like @hydbob to compare 😂. Frustrating waiting for it at times indeed. The other day, my wife and I left in two separate cars from the house. We decided to have a little “race” to see who could get in and start up the cars and go. She took the $20k Honda Fit and me in the AGT. As I was waiting for the “unlock lottery” (gonna steal that @miamicaneshaha), she was already around the block on her way. Proud “beta tester” though and wearing my badge daily as I continue to be a brand ambassador as best as I can. I know it will get better because it HAS to.
On 1.2.1 with an AGT. Also, no prior version to compare. I have not had any key fob issues. Opens every time pretty much right away with a double click. Also, my iPhone unlocks the car. I am not seeing these issues.

The other thing to keep in mind is testing. It's one thing to accidentally break your favorite chat app. Create a bug in automotive software, and people could die. Puts just a teeny bit more pressure on folks to triple test everything before release.

The other thing to keep in mind is testing. It's one thing to accidentally break your favorite chat app. Create a bug in automotive software, and people could die. Puts just a teeny bit more pressure on folks to triple test everything before release.
No, you just say it's beta then everyone jumps at the opportunity to test it

No, you just say it's beta then everyone jumps at the opportunity to test it
And pay extra! I think there is certainly an element of beta testing at the moment with the Lucid software but at least that privilege is included in the price of the car!

Well, another 10 days have passed since this thread was started and the let down 1.2.5 update still hasn’t appeared. Hoping they decided to just skip right over that update and move on to something useful.

I’ve decided to ignore the software and user experience as much as possible. Put the garage door clicker on the visor and focus on the driving aspects which really are pretty good.

Maybe there were some issues with 1.2.5 on the test cars they pushed it out to and they stalled pushing it out to everyone else?

Well, another 10 days have passed since this thread was started and the let down 1.2.5 update still hasn’t appeared. Hoping they decided to just skip right over that update and move on to something useful.

I’ve decided to ignore the software and user experience as much as possible. Put the garage door clicker on the visor and focus on the driving aspects which really are pretty good.
It looked to be geared towards canada and customers on the border, possible most customers won't get it and will just get skipped to the super-duper-amazing 1.5 or 2.0

My guess would be some deal-breaker bug was found before wide distribution, and it had to be pulled.

Could come eventually. Could be bundled in with whatever else has been finished since then. Could be that the more extensive rewriting is closer to done than they thought it would be, so they are pushing everything into one big release.

Lots of possibilities. But the longer they wait, the more I hope there are some more substantial fixes in there. People are likely to get pretty impatient if they have to wait much longer and then only get minor improvements.

I'll give the same advise that I provide at my office meetings.
If we ignore the problem for long enough, pretty soon it will just go away.
;)

;)
Or....... Good things come to those who wait ;)

;)
I could be employee of the month at your company. 😝

I would hire avionics and games programmers.

You’re comparing a company with decades of experience to a startup. You need to reset your expectations a little. The software needs improvement but it’s not unusable at least on its current version.
when you are charging a premium price for a product that can cause injury or death if not working properly it needs a minimum level of functionality. The quirks are distracting distraction can lead to accident.

I would hire avionics and games programmers.
Medical device programmers too. Sometimes literal life and death in how robust the code is. And along with the programmers, their validation/verification testers. A good V&V group is worth its weight in gold.

Back