Issues with vehicle (not verified)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko

Cars
Lucid Air
The worst by a wide margin of my 48 years of car ownership in most respects primarily related to reliability functionality and service and ownership. This includes just about every luxury brand in the market. The car has been primarily nonfunctional with repeated failures of the rear backing system, including camera failures, backing up lights, and being restricted to 37 mile/hr speed restriction for most of my 10 month ownership. The powers that be refuse to acknowledge that this car is essentially a lemon, beyond satisfactory repair. This car which I have now owned for approximately 9 months has less than 2000 miles on it, and has never been driven beyond a 20 mile radius from my home. So much for the great range. The company refuses to take responsibility and make things right, forcing me to take legal action in this matter. Stay away is my advice as the company may not even survive for much longer. Thankfully I have leased the vehicle and will not have to deal with resale issues, for this particular car, which is essentially worthless by my estimation.

The worst by a wide margin of my 48 years of car ownership in most respects primarily related to reliability functionality and service and ownership. This includes just about every luxury brand in the market. The car has been primarily nonfunctional with repeated failures of the rear backing system, including camera failures, backing up lights, and being restricted to 37 mile/hr speed restriction for most of my 10 month ownership. The powers that be refuse to acknowledge that this car is essentially a lemon, beyond satisfactory repair. This car which I have now owned for approximately 9 months has less than 2000 miles on it, and has never been driven beyond a 20 mile radius from my home. So much for the great range. The company refuses to take responsibility and make things right, forcing me to take legal action in this matter. Stay away is my advice as the company may not even survive for much longer. Thankfully I have leased the vehicle and will not have to deal with resale issues, for this particular car, which is essentially worthless by my estimation.
I wish I had actual details to this story

Which is it? Have you owned it for 9 months or 10 months? Which Service Center have you dealt with?

Is there a reason you’ve never come here for help to discuss these ‘endless issues’? You do understand that posts like this for a first time poster in any forum on any product are subject to skepticism and scrutiny for a variety of reasons.

It may or may not be the case here, but my prediction is that this is another ‘hit & run’.

Wouldn't you keep a detailed record of dates and times when your car went in for service if it's been such a lemon? I had a Mazda once that was a total POS, and I bought an old-school calendar and marked all the days so I could lemon-law it. The dealer overnighted parts for the last repair of the year, so it fell short by a day. In retrospect, I could have probably still forced the issue, but I was young and didn't have legal resources at the time. I've seen this sort of behavior on other car forums too, someone comes in seemingly with a bee in their bonnet about their totally defective car but doesn't provide any actual information on it.

There seems to be an unjustified wave of negativity surrounding Lucid recently. I've come across posts on forums, Twitter, and other platforms that lack credibility or context. It's unclear whether these are deliberate attempts to harm the company for personal gain or genuine concerns.

Based on my own experience—having driven my Lucid for 12,000 miles in the last six months—I believe that 99.99% of these negative claims are false. While I've had some issues with my car, Lucid has been exceptionally responsive and supportive.

Those who post negatively should acknowledge any legitimate issues they have experienced without exaggeration. This approach would make their criticisms more credible. However, when they exaggerate about poor service or other aspects without merit, it casts doubt on their claims, making them likely 99.999% fabricated with the intent to blame the company.

Based on my own experience—having driven my Lucid for 12,000 miles in the last six months—I believe that 99.99% of these negative claims are false. While I've had some issues with my car, Lucid has been exceptionally responsive and supportive.

Those who post negatively should acknowledge any legitimate issues they have experienced without exaggeration. This approach would make their criticisms more credible. However, when they exaggerate about poor service or other aspects without merit, it casts doubt on their claims, making them likely 99.999% fabricated with the intent to blame the company.
There is a reason that scoring for events like diving and figure skating throw out the high and low scores. Forums like this need to (figuratively) throw out the East German scores. The rest of us need to know that any review of a Lucid should recognize that it is a technological accomplishment despite its perceived flaws to the reviewer and any review that says everything is perfect is also worthless. I say figuratively because unless it is a drive by I am not suggesting removing the post but, rather, that we as readers and posters recognize that the two extremes are pretty useless to us and mentally remove them from consideration.

I too assume this is a hit piece without more specifics....not even a good try....

The whole thing makes no sense and is a pointless rant with nothing to back it up. Why would anyone put up with a car limited to 37mph for 10 MONTHS! After 48 years of car ownership you'd think they'd be at an age where they understand basic punctuation and grammar. This honestly looks like its been written by a teenager who wants to stir up trouble and wouldn't give it the time of day in any more responses until they come back and can prove all these claims made with FACTS!

Finally I found somebody younger than me

A paragraph of words suitable for pasting into any car forum. At what point is this thread deletable?
Well, he's online right now... lets see what other BS he makes up!

(but mods, please don't delete this thread. it will prove to be a constant source of humor, akin to blueice's powder-coated wheels!)

Jacko must have the patience of Job. Sat silent for ten months, only to join the forum today so he could bust into a rant of that magnitude.
I was actually hoping Lucid would come around to a reasonable agreement, but this will not be happening. I was offered 1 month free llease payment, when my car has been essentially useless after approx. one week of ownership.

It is actually 9.5 months, which begs the question, what is the difference? The Service Centers included Virginia first, and King of Prussia, Pa in subsequent rounds of torture.
Please give us the details on your service issues and the response from the service centers.

I was actually hoping Lucid would come around to a reasonable agreement, but this will not be happening. I was offered 1 month free llease payment, when my car has been essentially useless after approx. one week of ownership.
Ha. So basically, what you are saying is that you waited 9 months with your car locked to 37 mph, and have only now come to this forum with a poorly formatted and inconsistent rant? Sure. That makes perfect sense. But hey, lets give you the benefit of the doubt... can you please give us proof as @Adnillien requested? And what about details? Trim, etc...

Also, I will be DMing you my medical bills as well as my PayPal information. Your earlier paragraph/rant gave me 5 consecutive strokes as I tried to read it, meaning the responsibility is on you! 🤣

Last edited:
I know how Lucid responds to “outside of normal conditions” scenarios and it’s completely the opposite to what you’re stating. Until you can show the Service Center reports etc. your story is VERY hard to believe.

A famous person has said many times “if it doesn’t make sense it’s usually a lie” and NO ONE would drive a car for 9+ months limited to 37mph

I wish I had actual details to this story

Please give us the details on your service issues and the response from the service centers.
I mostly have text threads from the dealership manager in King of Prussia, where my vehicle has been since 3/24 as I have not signed the document allowing repair as I have lost faith in my iteration of this product. Also, I do not want to upload the actual electronic communication at this point as I have a pending case in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back