New Video: The Escape

They left out the best part, trying to get a charge at EA.
Not purposely though.. its just that the censorers had enough after trying to remove the curse words for 47 hours straight.
"F*cking hell.. next time i'm going to EVgo!"

They left out the best part, trying to get a charge at EA.
Well, that was sort of the point. Take a 250+ mile trip and don’t worry about charging. They just made that point a little too subtle if you ask me.

There are a lot of EVs that couldn’t pull off that trip without a charge in between.

Maybe it’s just me but I think Lucid’s advertising aesthetic is too stuffy and nouveau riche. This car is FUN and should be portrayed like the supremely amusing vehicle it is. I don’t get that feeling from any of their ads. The ads are all beautifully shot and calming and pleasant and luxurious, and it’s good to emphasize the huge amount of space this thing has which beats many SUVs, but there’s not one millisecond of excitement in any Lucid ad. In my early days before I graduated I interned every summer for a company that did music for ads and I’ve seen every possible iteration of how you can do a spot so it’s totally possible they could have an entertaining ad campaign, and Lucid needs to hire someone who can get them that image. Advertising is EXPENSIVE, I hope they don’t burn too much more $ on this posh image.

Like no joke, people on the street get excited when they see this car. I think YouTube and Mototrend have done more to inspire that than Lucid’s ad campaigns have. The “Year Won” ones at least conveyed the cutting edge achievements of the car, but I feel like they need to make the car seem more playful and assertive. They can save the blingy luxo-barge vibes for Gravity ads.

Well, that was sort of the point. Take a 250+ mile trip and don’t worry about charging. They just made that point a little too subtle if you ask me.

There are a lot of EVs that couldn’t pull off that trip without a charge in between.
Yes, I agree that a 250 mile round trip is the minimal standard of the completion at this point. They would have been better served showing a 400+ mile round trip or just leaving the miles out all together and focusing on the aesthetics. Having said that, always glad to see any marketing attempts.

2022 MotorTrend Car of the Year
2023 World Luxury Car of the Year
Fastest Production Car at Goodwood 2022
- world's longest-range production car
- 0-60 and 0-100 speeds of a hypercar
- driving and handling of a sports car
- EV technology of Formula E
- highest luxury interior materials
- design inspired by aerospace engineering
- latest car technologies with OTA updates
- more cabin and storage space than most SUVs

Promote all of this with the messaging "test drive the car of the future today." That's what I did, and I laid out the cash without a thought. Not this posh and high end luxury ads that every ICE luxury manufacturer already do and excel at. Promote the strengths that others don't have or compete at a lower level.

This is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s just me but I think Lucid’s advertising aesthetic is too stuffy and nouveau riche. This car is FUN and should be portrayed like the supremely amusing vehicle it is. I don’t get that feeling from any of their ads. The ads are all beautifully shot and calming and pleasant and luxurious, and it’s good to emphasize the huge amount of space this thing has which beats many SUVs, but there’s not one millisecond of excitement in any Lucid ad. In my early days before I graduated I interned every summer for a company that did music for ads and I’ve seen every possible iteration of how you can do a spot so it’s totally possible they could have an entertaining ad campaign, and Lucid needs to hire someone who can get them that image. Advertising is EXPENSIVE, I hope they don’t burn too much more $ on this posh image.
@mcr16 Please pass this on to your advertising folks.

I'd rather see an Air passing a lesser Porsche on a track, though the sweet spot of customer demographics has to be 50+ years old, and I'm not sure this image would resonate.
Advertising could position the car as outstandingly powerful and fun, rather than reinforcing a luxobarge reputation. I have had much younger people on the street show their enthusiasm for the car.

I'd rather see an Air passing a lesser Porsche on a track, though the sweet spot of customer demographics has to be 50+ years old, and I'm not sure this image would resonate.
Advertising could position the car as outstandingly powerful and fun, rather than reinforcing a luxobarge reputation. I have had much younger people on the street show their enthusiasm for the car.
Targeted advertisements in the digital age are wonderful.. I could imagine Lucid using these!
Right now, the Lucids target demographic is a bit older. As you stated, many young people look up to this car, but they do not have awareness.

Case in point:
1-2 months ago, I stopped at a 7/11 with all my friends also there. We saw a beautiful cosmos silver Lucid up there. Me being a Lucid fan, I naturally had a great reaction, and so did my friends(whose parents happen to own teslas, rivians, polestars, etc). The difference in our two reactions were that I knew what the car is, but everybody else did not know until I explained it to them, even though they do have a small interest in cars. Despite not knowing what the car was, everybody thought it looked beautiful.

Don't forget that these are teenagers who appreciate the Lucid's design!(and specs, once i informed them)

In addition, i've found that older people also like the Lucid's touches that are back from the future, such as the contrast roof, the air lettering, etc.

As the Lucid is an "All in one car"(performance, efficiency, space, somewhat price), multiple rounds of targeted advertisements would be great! That way, every demographic would be represented, and if an advertisement reaches somebody who is in another demographic, they will understand the other side as well. For example, a older person that also likes performance, or even a younger person who wants plenty of room in the rear.

I am a teenager though, so take my words with a grain of salt. After all, i'm no expert and this is just my point of view!

Also, to be clear I love the latest advertisement in the beginning of the thread(just needs to clearly show that the car was never charged). I just think there should be more variety!

I agree with @Bunnylebowski
It's really targeting towards just luxury and posh, but missing the sport and every day life of owning the car.
They need more points that the average consumer can relate with, Hagerdy, Motortrend, and others have done a much better job portraying this as pointed out by others.

The Lucid is a jack of all trades, it has luxury, AND range, AND performance. And it feels like Lucid only likes to talk about the luxury

Yeah unless you’re hauling tall items or stacking boxes, the car beats many SUVs, of course has unbearable range, amazing comfort, shocking speed, sporty handling but can cruise smoothly like a Benz, and turns heads as it goes by. They should do a spot that emphasizes its every car format in one car. It’s great for kids too. @LucidGandalf pointed out to me at our meetup that in his SUV his kids swing their legs and kick the back of the seat in that car scuffing it up, whereas they can’t even reach the back of the front seats in the Lucid to kick it.

Absolutely. The kids definitely know what’s up and always eager to take a ride in it over the SUV.

I also heard a really practical success story at the Lucid meetup for a move from @Snafu. Someone had thought the Lucid is a magician chest because all these things keep coming out of it but you couldn’t quite tell from the outside. Tardis?

Haha I love auto-correct fails.

Holy crap. Now there’s a concept for an effective commercial.

Lucid Air, and its “unbearable” range. Show a series of people in the Air on road trips,

First group: someone asks “Okay, I really need to use the bathroom.”

“But we’ve got another 100 miles of range. Can’t you hold it?”

Next group:

“Okay, I really got to go now. “

“Not yet. Another 50 miles, then I’ll stop, I promise.”

Third group:

“That sign says 150 miles to the next rest stop.”

“Yeah, we won’t need to charge until long after that. Don’t worry.”

Lucid Air, and its “unbearable” range. Show a series of people in the Air on road trips,

Next group:

Third group:

Lisa Nowak (the diaper astronaut) can make a cameo and say “taking the Lucid? You’re gonna need one of these”, as she holds the NASA diaper.

Lucid, I’m available for consultation.

Next group:

Third group:

I love it! Make it fun. Make it different. Love those old apple ads when they tease windows.

Next group:

Third group:

Goddamn it I love this forum. This ad is absolutely perfect, and if it cuts to the range remaining it would be even better.
Only requirement is that it is made unskippable, otherwise people may skip thinking that "unbearable" is bad.
Lucid air: Unbeatable and unbearable.

Back