New Video: The Escape

I’m still laughing at the notion of parking on the street in Brooklyn.

LOL. .. Yea, those bumpers would be f-ed up in no time as people in NYC park by ear! So much so, that there's a whole aftermarket business for bumper covers! Plus, rich people in NYC, just chopper over to their place in the Hamptons vs being stuck on the LIE (Long Island Expressway) which was conveniently edited out of the video.

LOL I'm laughing at when they exited the building and proceeded to fill the frunk, the first thought was, "there's no way that frunk is closing" 🤣

Nothing in this video makes me go "I want this car!" You could have put any car in the same video to make me go, "Hmm... Should I go out to the Hamptons this weekend?" Where's the power, tech, luxury, design, etc. that the current owners love about the Air??? 🫤

Nothing in this video makes me go "I want this car!" You could have put any car in the same video to make me go, "Hmm... Should I go out to the Hamptons this weekend?" Where's the power, tech, luxury, design, etc. that the current owners love about the Air??? 🫤
The car featured in the video is the Pure which is around $100K. The couple conveys a young working couple probably in tech/finance and probably making some pretty sum of money and very fashionable. The destination is the Hamptons which is an expensive to visit. The message of the video is something "escape in a little luxury."

I was hoping they'd show the range remaining at the end to solidify their point about luxury and range. Why show all the miles driven otherwise?

Hmm... OK

I like that they learned from their attempt when leaving the Hamptons to put all the luggage in the trunk.

This is a lifestyle push not really a driving dynamics or tech push. If the target is young Manhattan professionals, i see it. No one I spoke to about the car cares that lucid has the smallest motor or whatever. It's always style and range.

Also, if I had a spot in front of my place in the city... I don't know if I'd ever leave. Alternate side? I'm just going to sit in it.

Agreed that much of Lucid's messaging so far has been about efficiency and tech. Even though I am 100% nerd, I'm much more swayed by demonstrations of luxury, power, speed, and of course range.

Why not?! Fancy brownstone neighborhood of Chuck Rhodes as ‘Billions’ NYC DA. 😊

This video says you can afford to travel with Tubi luggages, Lucid Air is your steed. 😂

I don't get it, but I'm likely not the target audience. New York means nothing to me because I don't live there and don't know the areas shown.

However, if the message was posh, elegant, and simplified, then they nailed it. Fit, moderately wealthy individuals enjoying a sublime experience as a status symbol. Folks who are not super wealthy to the point of private helicopter or whatever the next step does above the shown.

I was hoping they'd show the range remaining at the end to solidify their point about luxury and range. Why show all the miles driven otherwise?
Agree. I don’t think the average person is going to catch the message that they didn‘t need to stop for “gas” on that trip. Too subtle.

Range anxiety is still a stigma with EV. The add addresses the range anxiety that people have with EV.

Back