Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
Hello, I am back again with a new video of questionable quality and content that would be completely boring to anybody except those that are reading this post. It's pretty long, and I almost fell asleep when I watched it for the second time, hence the late night release for those of you who are still awake.

This time I am covering my wish list for home screen changes as well as some of the interface problems with the various audio screens. Enjoy!

Yes, I watched the whole thing.
Wouldn't it be nice if everything just follows the KISS principle?
Thanks for making the video.

Yes, I watched the whole thing.
Wouldn't it be nice if everything just follows the KISS principle?
Thanks for making the video.
Agree. It’s not terrible, but it is a few tweaks away from being where it needs to be.

Thank you Bobby! I’ve said this before, but Lucid would be wise to hire you as a consultant. At bare minimum they should atleast pay close attention to this video.

Please keep it up. Hopefully if this starts getting more distribution, Lucid will have to start making these fixes and enhancements. I really believe that Lucid doesn’t know about a lot of these bugs and “swing and misses”.

Thank you Bobby! I’ve said this before, but Lucid would be wise to hire you as a consultant. At bare minimum they should atleast pay close attention to this video.

Please keep it up. Hopefully if this starts getting more distribution, Lucid will have to start making these fixes and enhancements. I really believe that Lucid doesn’t know about a lot of these bugs and “swing and misses”.
From your lips to @Firstto520 ear!

Hello, I am back again with a new video of questionable quality and content that would be completely boring to anybody except those that are reading this post. It's pretty long, and I almost fell asleep when I watched it for the second time, hence the late night release for those of you who are still awake.

This time I am covering my wish list for home screen changes as well as some of the interface problems with the various audio screens. Enjoy!

Thanks, Bobby, for taking the time to make this thoughtful critique.

Good video, so in a nutshell, the entire audio entertainment subsystem needs a COMPLETE rethink/rewrite! I do not disagree!! Other items /issues :
  • USB playback needs a folder view and playlist option. Once the thumb drive is read, there is no need to re-read the filesystem, store this somewhere in NVM unless the thubdrive is removed/reinserted.
  • The FM/HD radio function is broken and has VERY poor reception, my Tesla's HD radio and the loaner Mercedes HD radio work perfectly. If this is not a FW issue, then the HW functionality needs to be fixed. So Cal has TONS of HD radio options.
  • Audio playback just needs to work. Many times (while still in my garage with STRONG Wifi) I cannot start streaming music on iHeart or SXM. I will just get a spinner if I try to load the corresponding app UI.

I hate to say this, but Lucid needs to take a look at the Tesla audio behavior and performance and at least match that. Tesla audio starts up RIGHT AWAY regardless of source. Lucid needs to benchmark Tesla and other premium brands and improve. The audio UI (as well as navigation) are the worst things about my Lucid and fortunately can be OTA addressed ... unfortunately the center console usability cannot.

I think Lucid needs to bring in local owners for a day long focus group to really understand the UI issues that are holding back what should be a great experience! I would definitely attend.

Good video. I wonder if Lucid's contracts w/ Spotify, iHeartRadio, Tidal, etc... require them to keep the icon in the list of sources. It's valuable for the service providers in terms of customer acquisition.

Back