Google home app opens Lucid phone connection???

laurieb

Cars
Air Grand Touring
This seems like an odd issue I have not found discussed anywhere yet. I watch my dog at home via a Google camera using the Google home app on my phone. When I open the Google home app on my phone to look at the camera feed to check on my dog, my Lucid AGT opens the phone screen on the right glass cockpit screen and it looks like I am on a phone call with my own phone number complete with time ticking away for the phone call. If I hang up the call from the touchscreen, it opens right back up again. Over and over as long as I have Google home open on my phone. The phone itself doesn't have any evidence there is a phone call underway.

Today, it got worse. I could not get the phone screen to go away on my dash, even after I closed the Google home app on my phone. I finally had to shut off my phone to get the Lucid to stop reopening the phone screen over and over on the right glass cockpit screen and act like I was on a call to my own phone number!!

Anyone else see this type of behavior? Any suggestions? If it's really bothersome to me and I honestly have no clue if I am connected to anything or not. My phone doesn't act or look like it is on a call.

No clue what to do.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Laureen

This seems like an odd issue I have not found discussed anywhere yet. I watch my dog at home via a Google camera using the Google home app on my phone. When I open the Google home app on my phone to look at the camera feed to check on my dog, my Lucid AGT opens the phone screen on the right glass cockpit screen and it looks like I am on a phone call with my own phone number complete with time ticking away for the phone call. If I hang up the call from the touchscreen, it opens right back up again. Over and over as long as I have Google home open on my phone. The phone itself doesn't have any evidence there is a phone call underway.

Today, it got worse. I could not get the phone screen to go away on my dash, even after I closed the Google home app on my phone. I finally had to shut off my phone to get the Lucid to stop reopening the phone screen over and over on the right glass cockpit screen and act like I was on a call to my own phone number!!

Anyone else see this type of behavior? Any suggestions? If it's really bothersome to me and I honestly have no clue if I am connected to anything or not. My phone doesn't act or look like it is on a call.

No clue what to do.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Laureen
That is truly an odd one. Did you report this to customer service? Seems like a monster of a bug to me.

Super odd. Never heard of it before.

It does happen to me for my ring app. This happened in my Honda previously too. I think because it is connected to bluetooth, any speaker functionality of a two way communication apps in phone, opens the phone app for voice.

No clue what to do.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Laureen
This is the same behavior that happens with a bluetooth connected iPhone when you use Siri. If you say "Hey, Siri" similar behavior happens. Not unique to Lucid. Did the same on my 2013 Porsche Boxster and an older Mercedes-Benz I have that is pre-CarPlay.

Thanks for the replies.

I suppose that kind of makes sense. So, am I automatically connected to the speaker at home and so must be careful not to say anything if I don't want to disturb the dog (Or whomever I am looking in on?). I mean I don't usually have an "open mike" to the house unless I specifically push a "mike" button. (This Google camera does have two way communication functionality)

In addition, however, while I am not thrilled about how this communication "feature" is implemented, it definitely has a bug when I can NOT get the phone screen to turn off or stop popping back up even when I close the Google home app. It keeps coming up over and over even when I am no longer in the app. Interestingly, this issue with the phone popping up does not occur if I use the Nest app or Wyze app to check my other sound-enabled cameras. I shouldn't have to turn off my phone completely to make the phone screen stop popping up. Any ideas on how to fix that behavior?

Thanks again for the input!!

Thanks for the replies.

I suppose that kind of makes sense. So, am I automatically connected to the speaker at home and so must be careful not to say anything if I don't want to disturb the dog (Or whomever I am looking in on?). I mean I don't usually have an "open mike" to the house unless I specifically push a "mike" button. (This Google camera does have two way communication functionality)

In addition, however, while I am not thrilled about how this communication "feature" is implemented, it definitely has a bug when I can NOT get the phone screen to turn off or stop popping back up even when I close the Google home app. It keeps coming up over and over even when I am no longer in the app. Interestingly, this issue with the phone popping up does not occur if I use the Nest app or Wyze app to check my other sound-enabled cameras. I shouldn't have to turn off my phone completely to make the phone screen stop popping up. Any ideas on how to fix that behavior?

Thanks again for the input!!
Just a clarification, when you say you are closing the google home app, due you swipe up to close (iPhone way) or is it running in the background?

Just a clarification, when you say you are closing the google home app, due you swipe up to close (iPhone way) or is it running in the background?
I hit the "close all apps" button that is present on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Android phone. I did suspect that the app may still be running in the background, but don't know any way to make it more "off". Certainly does not make it convenient that my car insists on using the phone this way ( I mean I speak to Alexa and don't have to open the phone app) and I also am not sure what it will do if I were on the phone and wanted to look at the cameras at home (I often have called into business meetings from the car when I am the passenger and they are dull and I have to admit I am often multitasking. Will it hang up my ongoing call? Guess I'll have to try it sometime.

No clue what to do.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Laureen
Can you disable Bluetooth for that app?

Can you disable Bluetooth for that app?
I just went thru the settings on the app and there are non to specifically disable bluetooth, but good thought. Next time will try just shutting bluetooth off if I can't get the phone screen to keep coming back, but that, of course shuts off all my bluetooth connections, to my watch, to the other car apps, etc. However, I could see if turning off bluetooth and turning it on is helpful. Better than restarting my phone. I just don't think opening the phone app is the best way for the car to interpret using these microphone connected apps, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the input.

Back