New Touring

TroyC

Cars
Touring
Good morning. I purchased a 2023 Lucid Touring on 12/31/2022. I really like the car but there are a few problems starting to surface. The first being Electrify America is not good at all. You don’t even get the charge speed thats stated on the station. I have had the car go completely dead after charging. I am able to get things going again by opening up the app. This has happened at least three times. It is not the car going to sleep because I watch and you get a warning that the car is about to go to sleep and you can stop it that way. I took my first road trip to central Illinois. About 229 miles one way. Going was fine as car performed beautifully. I love the adaptive cruise and lane asssist and it works very well. I finally charged at a 350kw charger in Bloomington Il and it worked very well. No error codes or anything just plug in and it works. That never happens in Schaumburg as you always have to unplug and plug back in. I was driving back on Sunday and about 130 miles from home got an error message on freeway and car went i to turtle mode. I went as far as I could and pulled off the freeway and called customer service who instructed me to try and do a reboot. In the meantime I requested a tow trucks just in case the reboot didn't work. I was able to get the car to reboot by using the key fob to lock the car and walk away for 15 minutes. Then come back to car and press the key fob twice and lights came on and horn beeped. Got back in car and orange triangle was gone and was able to drive back home without any more issues. I have no idea why this happened as car was driving fine and this literally came out of the blue. I will schedule a seevice visit to have the car checked out. I really like the car and all in all in works very well most of the time. The turtle mode thing does have me worried as I like to take long trips. Car only has 1100 miles on it. I sent one of the car getting its first EA charge. I'll send more later.

Attachments

• FA9CEA08-6673-4D13-8140-151059123255.jpeg
    FA9CEA08-6673-4D13-8140-151059123255.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 138
sorry you had that experience. I got my car just a couple weeks before you did and have had a similar experience with electrify America not charging at the speeds on the chargers. I heard PlugShare app is a good resource to get intel in which chargers are working well etc. Also had my car go into turtle/brick mode but fortunately was at home. Mine required almost 3 weeks to trailer to service center, diagnose, fix and return. Just got it back last week and it drives well but have had 3 small issues since I got it back. 1) It wouldn’t change drive modes until I did a soft reset. 2) Then the audio system wouldn’t work until I pulled over and did a soft reset. 3) The service center left what looks to be a battery in the trunk and the area it came out of open. Im hoping there is a battery in the right place and this was the old one. Waiting on service center to call me back.

Probably should connect with customer service to see what they suggest. There are some other owners here having issues so you are not alone.

Thanks for reaching out. I am so sorry to hear about your issues as well. I called service center and they are going to look into the records to see if they can find what caused the issue.
I’m hoping this will not happen again. Thanks for the advice about PlugShare. I wanted to drive this car to Florida in March. We shall see. Good luck with your car in the future!

We took delivery of a Touring on 12/30/22. We drove it 847 miles in the first 24 hours. We had bad experiences attempting to charge at EA. 5 of the 6 times we charged resulted in a telephone call with both Lucid service and EA service on a 3 way call to get a complimentary charge. One time we were able to get the charge started with the help of the Lucid app. We had our Nav attempt to reroute us to another state and city no where near our route, lose the position of our car and not be able to show us where we were along the route, and finally the nav was unable to locate any charging stations. We charged often because we were eating up 2 miles of charge for every mile we actually traveled, possibly because the car was new, it was cold out, and windy. Our cameras did not auto engage when we parked next to a curb, the cameras quit working all together when we signaled to change lanes for several hundred miles and then started working again after a reset. Our Pilot panel froze with the word AIR displayed, and the radio would come and go on its own. Lucid support had us soft reset the car several times along the way, with some positive results. The car went in for 2 days of software service along with paint correction in 8 different places. They also noticed our trunk entry panel was in need of replacement (which they did) and they also noticed the trim at the top of the hood needed to be replaced (which they also completed). John, and the other service people at the Scottsdale SC are really very knowledgeable, helpful, and very friendly. Since the service was completed, we have not had much opportunity to drive the car recently. On the few occasions which we have, the cameras operate about 50% of the time. The Nav and Sound System seem to be working just fine. I did take the car to the same EA station Lucid service used, and plugged and charged as it should. I will try another EA station for the next charge. It is a beautiful car and great fun to drive. I hope the software issues get fixed rather quickly.

I guess I can’t complain. That is a lot of issues to have on a new car. I hope they get all of them resolved very soon. I wish you the best.

I have used Electrify America in Pittsburgh/Cranberry and had great results couple times. When I'm on road I always go for 350KW charger. Have not had many problems with EE/Volkswagen when one device is not working just grab another, and call them. After first time it connects to you it recognizes you easily thereafter is my experience

Back