New Specs

I was just kidding. What you say is true everywhere. Usually they ignore you if you go 10 over the limit and stay in your lane without tail gating. However, you never know. At 5 over the limit, you can pass a police car. They would consider it a margin of error I guess.

I never pass a police car unless it is going less than the speed limit and even then only if I can pass within the speed limit. Many years ago I made a business trip to California: first to Sacramento and then I rented a car to drive to San Francisco. There was a long line of cars and everyone was going the speed limit until we hit a turn and I could see that there was a state cruiser at the front and no one was going to pass it. We drove that way all the way to San Francisco.

I never pass a police car unless it is going less than the speed limit and even then only if I can pass within the speed limit. Many years ago I made a business trip to California: first to Sacramento and then I rented a car to drive to San Francisco. There was a long line of cars and everyone was going the speed limit until we hit a turn and I could see that there was a state cruiser at the front and no one was going to pass it. We drove that way all the way to San Francisco.
Yep. Good idea not to pass a police car deliberately even 5mph. If you did not notice and you are 5 over the limit, then ease off they usually let you go without stopping you. That is why I set ACC at 5 over the limit most of the time.

Back