New Specs

emoylv

Verified Owner
Cars
08 Dodge Challenger SRT
Anyone notice that the specs have changed for the Touring and Pure models? 0-60 used to be 3.2 seconds on the Touring but now it's 3.4 seconds. Range increased to 425 miles. Coefficient of drag decreased from 0.21 to 0.197. Does anyone know what led to these changes?

Anyone notice that the specs have changed for the Touring and Pure models? 0-60 used to be 3.2 seconds on the Touring but now it's 3.4 seconds. Range increased to 425 miles. Coefficient of drag decreased from 0.21 to 0.197. Does anyone know what led to these changes?
I believe the original numbers were estimates based on what they thought the car would ultimately produce. Now they have actual Tourings built, and after tweaking everything for final production, they ran real world tests and got slightly different numbers. In the case of range, they ended up doing a bit better than estimated. In 0-60 they ended up being a bit too optimistic. Could be that a tweak to the range led to the slower 0-60. If so, I'll take that tradeoff.

I believe the original numbers were estimates based on what they thought the car would ultimately produce. Now they have actual Tourings built, and after tweaking everything for final production, they ran real world tests and got slightly different numbers. In the case of range, they ended up doing a bit better than estimated. In 0-60 they ended up being a bit too optimistic. Could be that a tweak to the range led to the slower 0-60. If so, I'll take that tradeoff.
Yes. I am not troubled by small differences. Large differences would trouble me. For example, if the Pure has at least 450 HP, I am okay with that even though it is not the 480 that was implicitly promised. but 400 HP is too far away from the estimates.

Yes. I am not troubled by small differences. Large differences would trouble me. For example, if the Pure has at least 450 HP, I am okay with that even though it is not the 480 that was implicitly promised. but 400 HP is too far away from the estimates.
I'm not surprised if it comes out to be 350 hp.

I'm not surprised if it comes out to be 350 hp.
I will be surprised. So far the differences from the original estimates are pretty close. 350 HP is not pretty close, it is more of a huge moat. I don't think you will be right but if you are;...I will be out of here.

I will be surprised. So far the differences from the original estimates are pretty close. 350 HP is not pretty close, it is more of a huge moat. I don't think you will be right but if you are;...I will be out of here.
I would be more like shocked. The specs for the Dream and AGT held pretty close; I'm expecting the Touring and Pure to do the same. I think joec said it best. Probably a tweak to the software to maximize efficiency. I think Rawlinson said the Touring was the most efficient so they probably sacrificed 0.2 secs to get 15 more miles of range. Again, they were initial estimates.

Bummer. I will be 0.4 sec late in the Pure with 3.8 sec vs 3.4!!! Ah well. I have to grin and bear it.:D

That means you can go from SF to LA in 1 charge!
I was going to learn the basics of hypermiling to maximize range for long distance trips, but at 73, my range anxiety has been replaced with kidney anxiety LOL! There should be a Lucid app to automatically pull into a charge station every 3 hours!!! Lucid, are you listening?

I was going to learn the basics of hypermiling to maximize range for long distance trips, but at 73, my range anxiety has been replaced with kidney anxiety LOL! There should be a Lucid app to automatically pull into a charge station every 3 hours!!! Lucid, are you listening?
I am just 7yrs behind you and I will be rooting for you to get 4.6miles per KWh and keep driving all your life as ADAS improves. One fine day our Lucids will become personal Uber. Alexa, take me Marina golf course!

Maybe Lucid should offer an in car catheter that drains below the front tire so we almost never have to stop.

I am 77 and I just want to get there faster.

Maybe Lucid should offer an in car catheter that drains below the front tire so we almost never have to stop.
And in car air fryer, microwave and refrigerator with a robot. Alexa get me burger fries and soda.

And in car air fryer, microwave and refrigerator with a robot. Alexa get me burger fries and soda.
I'm sorry I started this rabbit hole and will apologize profusely - once I stop laughing.

Out here you are generally allowed 10 mph over the speed limit. 20 mph over the speed limit is technically a criminal rather than civil offense.
I was just kidding. What you say is true everywhere. Usually they ignore you if you go 10 over the limit and stay in your lane without tail gating. However, you never know. At 5 over the limit, you can pass a police car. They would consider it a margin of error I guess.

Back