New owner- a few questions

Sscnc

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
DE Number
Fourth day driving my GTA. Wonderful flexibility and power. A few questions.

Powered up today and there was a terrible grinding feedback sound from the rear passenger speaker with any touch to radio/AC/ seat adjustments. Turned car off, waited a bit, turned on without issue.

Have reset car time several times to CST but randomly resets itself to eastern time zone.

One of the key fobs doesn’t work.

Advice from the hive?

Speaker thing - bug, keep an eye on it
Time zone thing - bug hopefully gets patched out
Fob thing - try a new battery first, otherwise your fob might be busted. Mobile service for that.

The blasting white noise from a speaker has been reported before. Rebooting the car is how to get rid of it.

Several people have reported timezone problems. My car kept switching from EST to PST until I set it to manual instead of automatic.

Replace the battery in the key fob.

Powered up today and there was a terrible grinding feedback sound from the rear passenger speaker with any touch to radio/AC/ seat adjustments. Turned car off, waited a bit, turned on without issue.

Was it a very sharp white noise blast? A few other owners including myself have experienced this. It's likely due to an incorrect boot order sequence between the digital to analog converters and the amplifier. This is not unique to Lucid, and also can happen in professional recording studios. The only solution is to turn the DAC and amp off and back on again (DAC needs to turn on before amp). Easy to do in a studio or in a car with an on/off button, not so easy in the Lucid. Only solution is to shut the door, fob lock it or valet card lock it, wait a few minutes then get back in. This is a rare event, but heart attack inducing.
Have reset car time several times to CST but randomly resets itself to eastern time zone.
Was your profile and home address set correctly in the car?

One of the key fobs doesn’t work.
Energizer 2032 battery, have lots of them. Sometimes newly delivered Lucid's fob battery are near dead because of either bad batch or pre-delivery testing.

Back