New Member - Tahoe Area

Dawgly

Cars
Air GT
Good to have some informed company while waiting in line. Ordered a GT December 31 2021. Order Confirmed March 9. Red / 19s.

Welcome. Almost a requirement you order your GT with Tahoe interior then!

Thank you.

North / Truckee
You won't be the only one! I'm up there with the fam a few times a year.

I find it interesting that there's no EA charger in north shore or Tahoe City yet, just south and Truckee by the SaveMart. Are there any decent non-EA chargers around in your experience?

One that seems popular is in the Railyard District just east of Truckee's central business district. Will learn more as I transition from the ICE Hose to The Cord.

I am sure this has been discussed many times but being new to the EV world I am curious how the selection of EA's locations are made. Presumably close to an Interstate Highway [e.g. SaveMart] wins over being in an mildly interesting place where you could be happy with a 20-30 minute stroll to grab a coffee and scone.

Oh, wait. No eating or drinking in the new car for at least 3 months.

One that seems popular is in the Railyard District just east of Truckee's central business district. Will learn more as I transition from the ICE Hose to The Cord.

I am sure this has been discussed many times but being new to the EV world I am curious how the selection of EA's locations are made. Presumably close to an Interstate Highway [e.g. SaveMart] wins over being in an mildly interesting place where you could be happy with a 20-30 minute stroll to grab a coffee and scone.

Oh, wait. No eating or drinking in the new car for at least 3 months.
I’ve got a kid, so no way there isn’t any eating or drinking. Just have scotch guard then hell out of everything first :p

The charger in the rail yard district is a charge point but doesn’t kick out much juice - 62.5kw I think. I’m kind of disappointed truckee didn’t put in proper fast charging there. There’s more by the airport at least.

EA’s logic seems to be based on real estate deals they got with a lot of chains, with Walmart and Target being pretty prevalent.

Back