New Member Intro. Early Delivery Offered?

FreshPoohPooh

Cars
Grand Touring
Excited to become a Lucid Motors owner in Dallas, TX! I was an early Model S VIN 5000s owner but Tesla's customer service is so trash now so I'm jumping ship!!

Question: I put in my order for the Grand Touring last week and the sales rep said it would take 2 to 5 months but then the delivery person called today and said they had a Grand Touring in inventory that matches my exact specs and I could get the car in 2 to 5 weeks. Should I accept the inventory model? What are the downsides to accepting the inventory model?

Excited to become a Lucid Motors owner in Dallas, TX! I was an early Model S VIN 5000s owner but Tesla's customer service is so trash now so I'm jumping ship!!

Question: I put in my order for the Grand Touring last week and the sales rep said it would take 2 to 5 months but then the delivery person called today and said they had a Grand Touring in inventory that matches my exact specs and I could get the car in 2 to 5 weeks. Should I accept the inventory model? What are the downsides to accepting the inventory model?
Take it! It is just a car that someone canceled before taking delivery. There is no disadvantage to taking it.

What were the specs for the car?

Picked my car up three weeks ago, exact same story. Was scheduled for “approx January” and got a call that they had my exact model ready months early. They told me people were ordering multiple cars in different configurations and choosing which to keep upon arrival. Possible, but more likely IMO is a combination of weak economy/stock market/interest rates/early adaptor headaches have lead people to pass on their car. Regardless, congratulations in advance. Drive is amazing, software will follow soon (hopefully).

Reactions: NPN
Same story here. I ordered in June and got a call late August that my exact configuration was available. Someone canceled their order, probably for financial reasons. The software is evolving; it's already much better than when I picked it up. I like their Highway Assist much better than Tesla's Autopilot - much more seamless to change lanes/pass and reacquire centering and no phantom braking (knock on wood). I love the way it drives & customer service has been excellent so far.

Reactions: NPN
100% it’s a car someone cancelled their order on. If you’re ok with the early adopter woes (and there are many) then get it. I personally wish I had waited to see if they were going to get the kinks worked out as well as giving them a chance to expand their service center foot print. Took delivery of my GTP on 9/27 and they finally picked the car up today to take to Va service center to do fix the things the final inspection in Fl were supposed to fix. With luck I will finally get to actually take the car home on 11/4…if it makes it back from Va in time for the detail guys to finish what they couldn’t do until needed fixes were done. You’ve been forewarned..

With the upcoming software 2.0, and the speed with which Lucid is implementing customer suggestions, I fully endorse your purchase. Send pics when you acquire her, and best wishes.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I told the rep I'll take the car so we'll see if they come through. Excited!

The specs for the GT were:
Non-performance, Infinite Black, Mojave Interior, Platinum, 19” Aero Range Wheels.

I really wanted the Stealth look but didn't want to wait. And I choose the 19" wheels for practical purposes b/c the roads here in Dallas are terrible. I've dealt with the different sizes tires between front & back tires before and it just makes things harder when you have to replace them.

100% it’s a car someone cancelled their order on. If you’re ok with the early adopter woes (and there are many) then get it. I personally wish I had waited to see if they were going to get the kinks worked out as well as giving them a chance to expand their service center foot print. Took delivery of my GTP on 9/27 and they finally picked the car up today to take to Va service center to do fix the things the final inspection in Fl were supposed to fix. With luck I will finally get to actually take the car home on 11/4…if it makes it back from Va in time for the detail guys to finish what they couldn’t do until needed fixes were done. You’ve been forewarned..
Sorry to hear this.. I expect some early adpoter woes but having to wait over a month to take the car home would be disappointing. Keeping my fingers crossed. On the flip side, I imagine that they would have to really try to be worst than Tesla's service at this point.

FWIW I have the standard (non-performance) GT with 19" wheels and would absolutely choose the same again. That some people want this car to be faster blows my mind. It's stupid fast. (I know there's also an aesthetic argument, but how often do you see your wheels?)

Sorry...I meant more like "how much time do you spend looking at your wheels?" I get that some people really prefer the 21" aesthetically or think the 19"s are ugly; that's just not how I feel.

FWIW I have the standard (non-performance) GT with 19" wheels and would absolutely choose the same again. That some people want this car to be faster blows my mind. It's stupid fast. (I know there's also an aesthetic argument, but how often do you see your wheels?)
Plus I have had so many comments about the wheels. Everyone asks if they are 23s because they look so big. Size does matter 🤣

If your spec matched you should get it I waited long to get my car. And it is my 1st EV and I love it.

So, I got the Purchase Agreement from Lucid and the car in the agreement has 200 miles on the odometer. This concerns me. What questions should I ask my DA?

So, I got the Purchase Agreement from Lucid and the car in the agreement has 200 miles on the odometer. This concerns me. What questions should I ask my DA?
All of the agreements say that because Lucid does not know the exact mileage. You car will likely have well under 20 miles on it.

I have same experience it was 200 in Purchase agreement and when I got my car it was only 18 miles so it is standard written in the agreement do not worry much for it!

Back