New Member from Oak Brook IL

I had the 18 way adaptive sport seats with the higher side bolsters on my Panamera, and they were perfect for my 5'7" frame

My gripes with the Panamera were the electronic transmission, the center vents were not manually controlled(had to go into the screen to adjust-pain in the ass and dangerous while driving) decent gas mileage on the highway, terrible milage in the city(my aggressive driving did not help), plus the car was too large for me. On this car however, the rear wheel steering was a godsend. Once you have it, you never want to be without it. I am sorry Lucid does not offer this(even as an option).

I switched from 911's to the Panamera because the 911's were too noisy and harder to enter and exit as I got older. Something like the old Porsche 928 would have been close to what I was looking for.

My Lucid AGT on order is a transition car for me. What I really want is a good looking premium smaller sedan that has full luxury, great handling, good seats, great acceleration and braking, great service, and reliability. in essence I want it all. LOL. Maybe in a few years Lucid will come out with what I am looking for. In the meantime, I will enjoy my AGT assuming a lot of the bugs are worked out before arrival.

My gripes with the Panamera were the electronic transmission, the center vents were not manually controlled(had to go into the screen to adjust-pain in the ass and dangerous while driving) decent gas mileage on the highway, terrible milage in the city(my aggressive driving did not help), plus the car was too large for me. On this car however, the rear wheel steering was a godsend. Once you have it, you never want to be without it. I am sorry Lucid does not offer this(even as an option).

I switched from 911's to the Panamera because the 911's were too noisy and harder to enter and exit as I got older. Something like the old Porsche 928 would have been close to what I was looking for.

My Lucid AGT on order is a transition car for me. What I really want is a good looking premium smaller sedan that has full luxury, great handling, good seats, great acceleration and braking, great service, and reliability. in essence I want it all. LOL. Maybe in a few years Lucid will come out with what I am looking for. In the meantime, I will enjoy my AGT assuming a lot of the bugs are worked out before arrival.
FYI the Lucid is almost exactly the same length/width as the Panamera.

Yea, I have a Model 3 loaner while my car is getting wrapped and it's very noticeable how much smaller it feels inside.

Actually, the Lucid is almost 3 inches shorter than the Panamera. Which is why I stated the Lucid is a transition car for me.

I am waiting for a smaller size sedan with everything that I mentioned in my previous post. I am hoping in the next several years I will find what I am looking for. Maybe even Lucid will come out with a smaller size version of the Air in the future.

I had a 2012 Panamera S Hybrid (first year they were available). It cost about $125K at the time and I had gotten it as a special order with all the tech that was available. The Lucid seems to be a more nimble car than that Panamera, although now I'm sure Panameras are more nimble. The Lucid has more seating and storage space. I had gotten the Panamera with the 100l larger fuel tank. Being a hybrid, the range was about 700 miles. See video below - I had the same color. The car was a lease and after 3 years and was replaced by a Tesla Model X.

Actually, the Lucid is almost 3 inches shorter than the Panamera. Which is why I stated the Lucid is a transition car for me.

I am waiting for a smaller size sedan with everything that I mentioned in my previous post. I am hoping in the next several years I will find what I am looking for. Maybe even Lucid will come out with a smaller size version of the Air in the future.

I test drove a Taycan Turbo and was very impressed, but the lousy range and lack of buttons for the A/C Heating and volume turned me off.

If Porsche comes out with a coupe version fo the Taycan which is at least 6-12 inches shorter, improves the range and adds some buttons back, then I would definitely be interested. I am hoping that Lucid has a smaller car to compete with by that time.

I usually like to trade in my cars before the warranty expires, so I am giving them a 3-4 year timeframe.

Alright thanks, I am actually 5'9" but my husband is 6'2" so he might grumble about it. Yes, I HATED the blind spots in the SC430 and the ride quality (I'm the girl/wife btw).

I don't want a floaty caddy that is all mush over everything but don't want a bone jarring over every bump ride feel either. I already discovered you can remove the rear head rests in the showroom so that helps.

I'm hoping at some point soon I could at least get a ride as a passenger from a Lucid showroom (I can hope anyway).
I was told on January 3rd when I ordered my car that I would be able to do a test drive in the "near future" in Oak Brook. I plan on heading to the mall in the next week or two so I can look over the car and sit in it, kind of strange ordering a car I've never physically seen in person.

I was told on January 3rd when I ordered my car that I would be able to do a test drive in the "near future" in Oak Brook. I plan on heading to the mall in the next week or two so I can look over the car and sit in it, kind of strange ordering a car I've never physically seen in person.
^ I'd love to hear what you find out!

I've had several 911s in the past. I moved to a Panamera 4 E-hybrid Sport Turismo (wagon) because I needed more room but wanted the Porsche driving experience. The Panamera was great but definitely felt more like a large sedan than a sports car. It had a decent amount of room, but surprisingly the back seats were still relatively small considering how long it is.

I then switched to a Taycan Turbo S. The Taycan was closer to the feel of the 911 than the Panamera. The Taycan is an amazing car. However it's really long yet has small back seats and limited storage, it also has mediocre range. I was always able to beat the EPA rating, but on a good day I would get around 250 miles. The Taycan also had a slightly cheaper interior than the Panamera which was surprising.

So I'm hoping the Lucid will offer substantially more back seat room, better storage, similar acceleration, significantly better range, better luxury, and (fingers crossed) similar handling to the Taycan. It seems like a lot to ask but based on all of the reviews and feedback it looks like it can delivery. Handling on the skinny tires might be the biggest trade off. Best part is it might accomplish this at $65k less than my Taycan Turbo S.

Ultimately I want a pure electric sports car to replace my weekend toy (currently an Aston Martin Vantage). The Tesla roadster will probably never happen in any meaningful quantity, so my best hope is the Porsche Mission R concept. A small two-seater electric Porsche would be my dream.

If you want pure excitement and fear, check this out. No storage, no luxury, but a hell of a lot of fun. I thought the ICE version I had was a coffin on wheels…

There is a better video on YouTube, but I could not post the link.

^ I'd love to hear what you find out!
I'll try and make a call tomorrow or Tuesday.
I've had several 911s in the past. I moved to a Panamera 4 E-hybrid Sport Turismo (wagon) because I needed more room but wanted the Porsche driving experience. The Panamera was great but definitely felt more like a large sedan than a sports car. It had a decent amount of room, but surprisingly the back seats were still relatively small considering how long it is.

I then switched to a Taycan Turbo S. The Taycan was closer to the feel of the 911 than the Panamera. The Taycan is an amazing car. However it's really long yet has small back seats and limited storage, it also has mediocre range. I was always able to beat the EPA rating, but on a good day I would get around 250 miles. The Taycan also had a slightly cheaper interior than the Panamera which was surprising.

So I'm hoping the Lucid will offer substantially more back seat room, better storage, similar acceleration, significantly better range, better luxury, and (fingers crossed) similar handling to the Taycan. It seems like a lot to ask but based on all of the reviews and feedback it looks like it can delivery. Handling on the skinny tires might be the biggest trade off. Best part is it might accomplish this at $65k less than my Taycan Turbo S.

Ultimately I want a pure electric sports car to replace my weekend toy (currently an Aston Martin Vantage). The Tesla roadster will probably never happen in any meaningful quantity, so my best hope is the Porsche Mission R concept. A small two-seater electric Porsche would be my dream.
Don't know if I can give up the soundtrack my Jag has, your Vantage also has good sound and the cockpit is a special spot in an Aston.

If you want pure excitement and fear, check this out. No storage, no luxury, but a hell of a lot of fun. I thought the ICE version I had was a coffin on wheels…

There is a better video on YouTube, but I could not post the link.
Great description of the Cobra, that's a friends car in the video below and to say it gets squirrely easily is an understatement, the 7:55 mark is a good spot to go to; if I was ever to get one (nope) it would be with a GM crate just because LOL

Anathema, “GM Crate” in a Shelby… ;) Mine had a Roush 427 SR/TW. If I did it again, I might consider a Coyote, but never an LS. I sold it because we wife hated it and I did not drive it enough, heck, my license plate was WIF8SIT (Wife Hates It).

You want to put a GM Crate in anything, get the right platform. That would be like me putting an LS engine in one of my Mustangs, ain’t gonna happen and would kill resale value. I would never put a Coyote in a Camaro either, LS for that.

I ended up with a custom built 347 (Ford Platform) with EFI in my ‘73 Mustang. Thought about a Coyote, but it would not fit without some major mods.

Don't know if I can give up the soundtrack my Jag has, your Vantage also has good sound and the cockpit is a special spot in an Aston.

I've driven an F-Type SVR and they both have a similar sound track. I was really surprised how loud and muscle car like the Vantage sounds. Lots of pops and bangs when in sport mode. Makes me giggle like a kid every time.

IMG_4284.jpeg

IMG_4286.jpeg

Anathema, “GM Crate” in a Shelby… ;) Mine had a Roush 427 SR/TW. If I did it again, I might consider a Coyote, but never an LS. I sold it because we wife hated it and I did not drive it enough, heck, my license plate was WIF8SIT (Wife Hates It).

You want to put a GM Crate in anything, get the right platform. That would be like me putting an LS engine in one of my Mustangs, ain’t gonna happen and would kill resale value. I would never put a Coyote in a Camaro either, LS for that.

I ended up with a custom built 347 (Ford Platform) with EFI in my ‘73 Mustang. Thought about a Coyote, but it would not fit without some major mods.

Mention GM crate in anything Ford or Ford related and it always gets response :) First new car was a 79 Mustang 5.0, cleaned up the exhaust and got it breathing easier, had no fear of stock Corvettes, it was a shame it kept shearing off the smog pump pulley usually when I had a date in the car :mad:

I've driven an F-Type SVR and they both have a similar sound track. I was really surprised how loud and muscle car like the Vantage sounds. Lots of pops and bangs when in sport mode. Makes me giggle like a kid every time.

View attachment 606

View attachment 605
That's a beautiful car, Ian Callum says he penned 80% of it.
64168677436__44D895BD-243D-4BF3-87E8-CD9518E514CA.JPEG

Back