New Member from Oak Brook IL

clarify

Cars
Dream Edition Range
Good to meet everyone.......my 2nd EV (Lucid Dream Edition).......had Tesla X P100D for 3 yrs but Dream Edition is much better.

Welcome! I'm converting from a Model X as well (although still waiting on my AGT). How would you compare getting into the Lucid vs the Model X? Is the Lucid much lower to the ground? I've read that you need to duck under the top of the Lucid doorframe to get into the car ...

It is a sedan model vs model X(CUV/SUV) and it is much lower to the ground like other sedan models such as S class/EQS model (I both test drove) but it isn't too bad......I like it.......compare to EQS, I think it is about same level........need more luxurious options to offer like EQS 580......

Excellent, I have been in the Oak Brook Studio and wasn't allowed to sit in the car. I have not heard from anyone there about a test drive either. I'll check my account maybe phone number is wrong???

EDIT: Was missing from my account on website but sales person has it and I gave it to someone at the studio.

Welcome. I, too, am a Tesla Model X owner, having went from a Model S to the X. I plan to trade or sell my Model X when my Grand Touring arrives. Probably March.
Can you compare the comfort, quietness, handling, and audio sound system to the X? How do you like the touch screens vs the X?

Welcome to the group.

Excellent, I have been in the Oak Brook Studio and wasn't allowed to sit in the car. I have not heard from anyone there about a test drive either. I'll check my account maybe phone number is wrong???

EDIT: Was missing from my account on website but sales person has it and I gave it to someone at the studio.
You need to make a private appointment for sitting inside(which I did) .......... test drive isn't available...

Welcome. I, too, am a Tesla Model X owner, having went from a Model S to the X. I plan to trade or sell my Model X when my Grand Touring arrives. Probably March.
Can you compare the comfort, quietness, handling, and audio sound system to the X? How do you like the touch screens vs the X?

Welcome to the group.
Lucid dream edition for ride comfort level is better than Model X and handling and audio sound system is better as well. Touch screen for model X is bigger but dream edition offers three separate touch screens and this feels better also.

New to the Group. Very interested in the experience of owners. Looking forward to buying later in 2022.

Have Grand Touring on order. Moving from Tesla model 3. Patiently waiting for delivery. Cancelled order for Tesla S a few months ago

Have Grand Touring on order. Moving from Tesla model 3. Patiently waiting for delivery. Cancelled order for Tesla S a few months ago
Just curious why you decided to move away from your Model S order?

I visited Palm Beach studio in August and sat in a prototype. I visited Oak Brook studio in early December (with reservation) and sat in a pre-production car Dream Edition and played with dashboard buttons. Many walk-ins in studio also sat in car. I test-drove Mercedes EQS in Oak Brook parking lot in December. I had a test- drive reservation, but thay allowed anyone to do so since it was raining and many test-drive reservationists did not show up. It was a great car, but I believe Lucid Air choice is better.

I visited Palm Beach studio in August and sat in a prototype. I visited Oak Brook studio in early December (with reservation) and sat in a pre-production car Dream Edition and played with dashboard buttons. Many walk-ins in studio also sat in car. I test-drove Mercedes EQS in Oak Brook parking lot in December. I had a test- drive reservation, but thay allowed anyone to do so since it was raining and many test-drive reservationists did not show up. It was a great car, but I believe Lucid Air choice is better.

Wait Mercedes had the EQS in the Oak Brook mall parking lot?

So I had to come to Chicago quickly so I decided to stop into the Oak Brook Studio. They were very nice and set me up for an appointment at 3pm. I was able to sit in the car and the car was explained to me. Being on this forum and an avid follower I was well aware of everything he covered. Sitting in the car is much different than any photo. The studio still has a pre-production car that has some mechanical problems.

I found I will need to alter my driving position I am used to and go for a lower seat height and a little more reclined than I do currently. My first attempt at setting seat position the steering wheel cut off the half of speed. I also drive with steering wheel low enough that I can control the bottom when my arms are resting on my lap. I learned this is a low fatiguing way to drive since you don't use as many muscles on long drives. Getting wheel this low is why number was cut off. I suppose ADAS will eliminate this fatigue. The visor does seems a bit low but was not in my line of vision. The SA stated I was the first person to ask as many questions that I did and were also ones he didn't have an answer. I greatly appreciated he made it a point of getting the answers before I left the Studio. Most he stated were going to be in future updates that he said should occur before my planned delivery date which is June since when we have planned a big National Parks tour on the drive back.

The massage in the pre-production car was really powerful and a bit loud. The sound system wasn't all that impressive but I chalk that up to it being pre-production. I do find it strange when people SA demo radios they think being able to play at a loud volume actually means something...not! It should sound like my Dan Clark Ether.

The passenger air bag light is ridiculously bright. The SA actually hadn't noticed until I pointed it out. I really appreciated that the drivers mirror can be toed out far enough to correctly set up mirrors. Some manufacturers have bought into "blind spot monitoring" so much they won't let you adjust mirrior out to keep you from having one. I did find the rear headrest block too much of the rear window. So this will take some getting used to. It may not be as much of an issue since I wasn't in a moving car. Currently, they don't have power folding headrests, correct?

This forum helped when I got in so I didn't hit my head on the pillar, I will need to stay active since this is significantly lower than the truck. Updates that they stated at the Studio are: Splitting the screens so Navigation doesn't have to be on both. Temperature scheduling. Changing names from Smooth, Swift and Sprint to something I forgot and Sport and Sport+. Addition of CarPlay and USB source. He also suggested there will be one other addition but I am not going to post it until I can confirm again.

I will post a bit more tomorrow

I hope they keep it as smooth swift and sprint. Sport+ sounds lame.

My first attempt at setting seat position the steering wheel cut off the half of speed. I also drive with steering wheel low enough that I can control the bottom when my arms are resting on my lap. I learned this is a low fatiguing way to drive since you don't use as many muscles on long drives. Getting wheel this low is why number was cut off.
I found the same thing during my test drive. I actually stopped part way through to re-adjust the steering wheel. I found that moving the steering wheel up and back toward the dash worked to give good visibility to the screens and also allow my hand to control the bottom of the steering wheel while resting my arms on my legs.

Back