New Member but long time follower

Dr.E

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
I placed my order for Air GT 12/23/2021, just received email to confirm my configuration. I still have not driven the car as there is none in San Diego to test drive at this time. I was told that I could go to LA to test drive the car but I would prefer to drive it around San Diego as there is less traffic and I can get an idea as to what the car can do. I have delayed confirming the configuration until I can drive it. I own a 2012 Model S as well as a 2016 Model X. In reading about the software issues, I do have some concerns especially about start up time and inability to reboot the computer while driving. At least in my Tesla's I often have to reboot the computers and do so while I am still driving. Have any of the dream edition owners needed to reboot and if so how often has this happened ? I know that there have been several software upgrades over the past few months, how receptive has Lucid been in listening to owners concerns ?

I placed my order for Air GT 12/23/2021, just received email to confirm my configuration. I still have not driven the car as there is none in San Diego to test drive at this time. I was told that I could go to LA to test drive the car but I would prefer to drive it around San Diego as there is less traffic and I can get an idea as to what the car can do. I have delayed confirming the configuration until I can drive it. I own a 2012 Model S as well as a 2016 Model X. In reading about the software issues, I do have some concerns especially about start up time and inability to reboot the computer while driving. At least in my Tesla's I often have to reboot the computers and do so while I am still driving. Have any of the dream edition owners needed to reboot and if so how often has this happened ? I know that there have been several software upgrades over the past few months, how receptive has Lucid been in listening to owners concerns ?
Welcome to the forum, fellow San Diegan! I have also been waiting for a test drive out of the SD studio and have been told to go to LA which I am not really interested in doing. Keep being told that test drives in SD will happen ‘soon’.

There are a few threads about the software issues and required rebooting from the Dream owners, but it seems that Lucid has been quite responsive and the current software versions, from what I hear, have solved many if not all of those issues.

Welcome! If you really want, Torrance is a good location to test. Also, resetting is a PITA, but I did learn that you can use the key fob to reset the car using the turn signal trick. It doesn't have to be the key card.

Lucid actively monitors this forum and bring up the concerns in weekly meetings. All the service people are in a company wide chat across all their locations to share information on issues that arise.

Welcome! If you really want, Torrance is a good location to test. Also, resetting is a PITA, but I did learn that you can use the key fob to reset the car using the turn signal trick. It doesn't have to be the key card.

Lucid actively monitors this forum and bring up the concerns in weekly meetings. All the service people are in a company wide chat across all their locations to share information on issues that arise.

What’s the turn signal trick again?

Unlock car, turn signal left or right close door, lock car, when signal shuts off car is reset

Unlock car, turn signal left or right close door, lock car, when signal shuts off car is reset

And you can do that while in the car? Because good god that is so much easier lol

And you can do that while in the car? Because good god that is so much easier lol
Probably, I think they tell you to exit for safety reasons, but why not just sit there? I did when I was having to deal with screen loading issues.

Try it and let us know!

Back