New GT order...

I recall hating the turn signal as well during my test drive.
I agree fully. Both my wife and I independently discuss how bad the feel of the turn signal is, and we both initiated the wiper function by mistake.

Last edited:
I agree fully. Both my wife and I independently discuss how bad the feel of the turn signal is, and we both initiated the wiper function by mistake.
I don't recall the positioning being an issue. Isn't it the same as the Model S? It is the sound I disliked. I often accidentally turn on the wipers when I drive my husband's BMW, so I understand. It drives me batty.

I don't recall the positioning being an issue. Isn't it the same as the Model S? It is the sound I disliked. I often accidentally turn on the wipers when I drive my husband's BMW, so I understand. It drives me batty.
It is the same set up as on the Teslas. But, I have never had the problem of engaging the wiper by mistake on my S or 3.

Are your fingers super long? How did you guys hit the wiper button while turning on the turn signal?

Are your fingers super long? How did you guys hit the wiper button while turning on the turn signal?

Agree. I have a BMW and on the BMW, the turn signal is on the left side of the steering wheel and the windshield wipers are on the right side. How on God's green earth does one accidentally press the wrong one?

Agree. I have a BMW and on the BMW, the turn signal is on the left side of the steering wheel and the windshield wipers are on the right side. How on God's green earth does one accidentally press the wrong one?
Was referring to @des16 post regarding hitting the wiper button while initating turn signal

I take back my comments. I forgot on the end of the turn stalk is the wiper fluid button.

This forum is great. I would never have thought to check the turn signal sound, but I will now…great details!

This forum is great. I would never have thought to check the turn signal sound, but I will now…great details!
Be prepared to hate it and then not think about it again until someone reminds you to hate it

Be prepared to hate it and then not think about it again until someone reminds you to hate it
Typical California drivers never use their turn signals anyway, so I guess I'll have to truly become a local if it is bothersome. :)

Can attest this is accurate. Also I’m muting this post because I finally got used to it again and now I won’t unhear it for a day

This must be like saying seven at the craps table

The BMW reference wasn't about the turn signal. The wiper stalk in my husband's X5 is in the same position as the shift stalk for the Tesla Model S. I also had the reverse happen once when I had driven his car for awhile and then switched back. I've tried to turn the auto wipers on and put my car into neutral while driving.

I recall hating the turn signal as well during my test drive.
It’s odd for sure, but not sure why it bugs people.
So true. It is done via software so they can change it, but frankly it was easy for me to not care about after just 5min of driving on all three of my test drives.

Back