New Expecting Parent - Car Seat Recommendations?

elusive7

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Touring
Referral Code
IDBMNVK2
Hi All!

My wife and I are expecting this coming February and we were wondering if any fellow owners had any car seat recommendations (or warnings) for a good car seat that works well with our Air. I'm currently eyeing the NUNA Pipa but I have no idea if it comes with a seat belt buckle to turn off the seat belt warning chime (is this even a valid concern? I can just buckle it behind the baby carseat right?) Sorry if this is a novice question, its our first kiddo!

Any and all recommendations would be wonderful :)

Hi All!

My wife and I are expecting this coming February and we were wondering if any fellow owners had any car seat recommendations (or warnings) for a good car seat that works well with our Air. I'm currently eyeing the NUNA Pipa but I have no idea if it comes with a seat belt buckle to turn off the seat belt warning chime (is this even a valid concern? I can just buckle it behind the baby carseat right?) Sorry if this is a novice question, its our first kiddo!

Most car seats won't trigger the warning because the sensor is placed over the middle of the seat and from my experience most seat supports surround the area. But yea, you could just buckle in the seatbelt or get one of those buckle defeaters off Amazon.

Hi All!

I have my grandkids in the car frequently (4m and 2.5y old). The backseat is fairly deep in the car. I had a normal rear facing seat but it was pretty tough to get them in and out without nearly whacking their heads on the door frame! So, I switched to these, which have been great. No seatbelt warnings. The only negative is there is some vibration/rattling when they are not in use.

I have my grandkids in the car frequently (4m and 2.5y old). The backseat is fairly deep in the car. I had a normal rear facing seat but it was pretty tough to get them in and out without nearly whacking their heads on the door frame! So, I switched to these, which have been great. No seatbelt warnings. The only negative is there is some vibration/rattling when they are not in use.
Solution: Gravity

Hi All!

I have the Nuna Exec / Rava in the backseats and they work fine without seatbelt warning issue.

When i had an infant, i had the uppababy mesa and it was fine too even using the latch system. I haven't found the weight sensor to be a trigger / annoyance.

Back