New Boston Seaport Showroom

RichMalden

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, 1970 MB 280SL
Just got a call from Peter from Lucid. Of course I had to ask, even though I knew the answer, if he was CEO Peter and he wasn't.

He invited me to the "VIP Opening" Friday April 15th. Said they had a limited number of spots. Unfortunately had to turn it down, bad timing.

But the showroom will be open after that. He wasn't sure if they would be running demo vehicles at the location (he isn't from there). He mentioned they may not be but would be offered at the Natick Service Center when it opens in the fall.

Hopefully other Massachusett/New England peeps with get the same offer.

And, yes, I was very bummed it wasn't my expected VIN call.

Last edited:
I guess nor did my AGT reservation that I have had since August 2020. Just sayin'....

I guess nor did my AGT reservation that I have had since August 2020. Just sayin'....
Did you miss the call by chance? @Dortreo had a call at noon that day, long before my call, and didn't realize it would've been an invite. By the time he called back it was full.

Did you miss the call by chance? @Dortreo had a call at noon that day, long before my call, and didn't realize it would've been an invite. By the time he called back it was full.
I don't think I did. But I 'm over it. Frankly, probably would be a sour guest anyway with this "grey color" fiasco.

I don't think I did. But I 'm over it. Frankly, probably would be a sour guest anyway with this "grey color" fiasco.
They probably skipped all the grey & silvers on purpose

Reactions: FFT
Just got a call from Peter from Lucid. Of course I had to ask, even though I knew the answer, if he was CEO Peter and he wasn't.

He invited me to the "VIP Opening" Friday April 15th. Said they had a limited number of spots. Unfortunately had to turn it down, bad timing.

But the showroom will be open after that. He wasn't sure if they would be running demo vehicles at the location (he isn't from there). He mentioned they may not be but would be offered at the Natick Service Center when it opens in the fall.

Hopefully other Massachusett/New England peeps with get the same offer.

And, yes, I was very bummed it wasn't my expected VIN call.
I got the call (my GT was shipped and is undergoing pre-delivery inspection in Chicago) but I can’t attend because I have to work that weekend. ☹️ I’m only 45 min from Boston too. I wonder if they’ll offer test drives? Boston is probably the worst place on earth to drive.

I got the call (my GT was shipped and is undergoing pre-delivery inspection in Chicago) but I can’t attend because I have to work that weekend. ☹️ I’m only 45 min from Boston too. I wonder if they’ll offer test drives? Boston is probably the worst place on earth to drive.

I dunno about that. Providence has its charms, too. :D

I received the call earlier this week as well. I have a Touring and a Pure booked. They actually called twice not realizing we have two reservations. No test drive but can see a GT in person plus some virtual reality things. Looking forward to it.
Additionally, received call from a Sales Advisor who shared some details about Touring vs. Pure. Per him, both have same battery pack but battery HP capacity controlled by software. With AWD options purchase for Pure, range would still be 406 Miles @ 480BPH per current plan and won’t drop. For Touring, BPH will be higher but same battery pack, again controlled by software. I was under the impression that Touring will likely have slightly higher battery pack. AWD upgrade is currently priced at 5K.

Also got a voice message from Peter inviting me to the April 15 opening but when I called the slots were filled. Fine with me because the studio will likely be rather crowded and I can arrange a visit after the 15th. No test drive for a while. True that the Seaport District in Boston is a sub-optimal test drive area, but not impossible. FWIW, the Tesla location on Boylston St is no further than entrances to highways than Seaport, and my full day drive of an MS a year ago or so was no problem. Of course, Natick will be a bit easier. I have not called the local Lucid rep who Peter introduced because I am not expecting a VIN on my confirmed AGT order for months. I do want to test drive a GT, however before wiring funds for the purchase.

I didn't know they invited customers to the pre-delivery inspection, interesting! I'm assuming the car is going to be at Goose Island, depending on the timing I might be able to look at it, I'm usually in the city Monday thru Friday.

I didn't know they invited customers to the pre-delivery inspection, interesting! I'm assuming the car is going to be at Goose Island, depending on the timing I might be able to look at it, I'm usually in the city Monday thru Friday.
Oh, the pre-delivery inspection place for my region I guess is Chicago, definitely no invite for that. The car shipped there Monday but have yet to hear anything further about delivery. I was talking about the invitation to the Boston Seaport Lucid Studio VIP opening event in the post.

Made it off the waiting list and so I'm invited to the Lucid Boston studio opening. My slot's at 3:30 pm. Anyone else heading there?

Hello all, we went to the new Lucid studio in the Seaport district of Boston today. It’s not due to open officially until tomorrow but was pretty well packed today.

Whitney, our guide, comes from the Miami and West Palm Beach studios. She’s taken the AGT out for a spin and has felt all 800 hp. She was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Simply a nice person.

The studio has an AGT in white with Santa Cruz interior. Interestingly, the frunk and trunk were off limits. Also, I succeeded in getting the pilot screen to keep repeatedly opening and closing rapidly. I’ve got the magic touch, I guess.

I didn’t see anyone I recognized from Lucid HQ and frankly didn’t hear anything about the car that I didn’t already pick up from the forums. Except that Lucid believes that the hierarchy of ways to get into the car are 1. Phone. 2. Wallet card. And 3. Fob. The fob is supposed to be what you give to the valet for parking and otherwise is a back-up. Sure, I guess?

The best things about today’s visit were confirming that the Santa Cruz interior is indeed completely gorgeous. The wood trim is just stunning. And seeing how much my wife liked the car. She was just blown away by the looks both exterior and interior and by the technology. Whew… Oh yeah, and I got a water bottle. Hooray!

E8971171-40FB-49DB-BEAD-8EF9386B4964.jpeg
E330E908-FDF9-415D-A001-842E54222DC5.jpeg

Except that Lucid believes that the hierarchy of ways to get into the car are 1. Phone. 2. Wallet card. And 3. Fob. The fob is supposed to be what you give to the valet for parking and otherwise is a back-up. Sure, I guess?
Wait a second. Has everyone on this forum been confusing "Wallet card" with "Valet card"?!

Wait a second. Has everyone on this forum been confusing "Wallet card" with "Valet card"?!
For those times I don't pay off the valet to let me park the car myself, I've given them the fob. Too complicated to explain how to make the car work with the wallet card in case a different attendant tries to return the car.

Back