Other than for big OTA update downloads, are there any other reasons to connect your car to home Wi-Fi? I'm thinking about permanently disconnecting from my home network.
Nope. Many have.Other than for big OTA update downloads, are there any other reasons to connect your car to home Wi-Fi? I'm thinking about permanently disconnecting from my home network.
Mainly to prevent battery draining, though I’m sure there are other reasons.What is the logic behind this action? it would seem there are more pluses than minus' for this type of connectivity.
Sometimes. I don't seem to have this problem at all, so I leave wifi on. I would guess it has to do both with what your cell service is like in your area as well as what wifi equipment / settings you use.The car does a bad job of switching from WiFi to cell data, so that if you are listening to a streaming music source as you leave home, the music always stops for a while a minute into the drive. Not using home WiFi avoids this problem.