NACS Megathread

But if not, what good is this announcement? It's like saying 'we'll *allow* you to use the supercharger if you can find one open at the far left side of the Row of chargers and pull in sideways'
New v4 superchargers with longer cables should be available by then.

But if not, what good is this announcement? It's like saying 'we'll *allow* you to use the supercharger if you can find one open at the far left side of the Row of chargers and pull in sideways'
I already told @AirDoll if one opens near me, I'm going to roll in with 1% charge and charge all the way to 100% over 4 hours taking up a middle space.

So they are replacing all of the current ones with the V4 ones? Sorry if that's a dumb question. But I don't follow tesla news
No, which is the part I don’t understand about the NACS switch. Only like 30-40 percent will have high voltage, long cable NACS. Then again, other brands are also adding NACS, including ea but we do not know if that will be to existing ones as well.

So they are replacing all of the current ones with the V4 ones? Sorry if that's a dumb question. But I don't follow tesla news
Former Tesla Model S owner here, Tesla will not replace existing sites with V4. V4 will be installed at new upcoming sites. Some V2/V3 sites might get upgraded but Tesla doesn't official state which sites will get upgrade.

The complaints are now starting, let's get our pitchforks! 😝

Haha! I'm not complaining. Just trying to understand the impact/relevance of this announcement.
I know, I'm messing.

It was just funny to see "when will Lucid switch to NACS!?"
Now that was done, now it's moved to, "we need longer cables!"

And now, can we finally close this thread?

Just kidding. We'll wait to see the inevitable complaints about how they went about it…
Please close it!

I know, I'm messing.

It was just funny to see "when will Lucid switch to NACS!?"
Now that was done, now it's moved to, "we need longer cables!"
Clean and tidy Supercharger site? Being a former Tesla driver, I could tell you some sites are sketchy.

Having clerk to manage car queue at major sites? I could imagine fight will break out because someone will cut the line sort of speaking.

The answer to this question is today -- they just announced it

Of course I was beat to this :(

The complaints are now starting, let's get our pitchforks! 😝
No matter what, we know it’ll be Lucid’s fault.

Cables too short? Lucid’s fault.
Plug and charge fails? Lucid’s fault.
Slow charging speeds. Lucid’s fault.
Tesla owners start keying your car because you are taking up “their” chargers? Lucid’s fault.

I could write every post we’ll see in 2025 right now, it’s so predictable.

FOLKS - NACS now coming to LCID
This was just announced. Lucid will be the latest to adopt the NACS plug protocol.

Will tesla be retrofitting ALL superchargers with longer cables so we don't have to park sideways? Lol

V4 will have 9’ cable, currently V3 has 6’ cables.

And also latest V3 stations have 1-2 stalls not installed at end of parking, but rather side or in between parking spaces. This is for electric trailer or other brand hard to reach to charge later.

FOLKS - NACS now coming to LCID
This was just announced. Lucid will be the latest to adopt the NACS plug protocol.

I think Rolls Royce hasn’t adopted yet?

Back