Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT-P
For those interested in Motortrend's opinions on cars:

Lucid made the list.

Wow. The Lucid has no cons ! to wit:

Cons​

• Takes forever to boot up { software updates makes boot-up not an issue
  • Proximity key is infuriating { only valet parkers use the fob. use the mobile key and learn to turn off the app
  • Safety tech needs more work { what ? what the hell are you talking about ?

he must have had the 1.00.01 software. My car is always ready to go when I'm within 30 meters of it.
reviewer doesn't know how to use the app: the key fob is for the vallet. Read your phone manual and learn how to close your apps.
safety issues ? WTF ? This car has so many safety features ... and they are outstanding!

handles like an M5 rides like an S Class ... gets 140 mpg and goes like stink ... understated, refined and elegantly tasteful interior ... they didn't even mention the Atmos audio.

best car in the world

Who knows when the reviewer had the car. The parts that matter, the immutable parts, are what will catch the readers ' attention.

Wow. The Lucid has no cons ! to wit:

Cons​

• Takes forever to boot up { software updates makes boot-up not an issue
  • Proximity key is infuriating { only valet parkers use the fob. use the mobile key and learn to turn off the app
  • Safety tech needs more work { what ? what the hell are you talking about ?

he must have had the 1.00.01 software. My car is always ready to go when I'm within 30 meters of it.
reviewer doesn't know how to use the app: the key fob is for the vallet. Read your phone manual and learn how to close your apps.
safety issues ? WTF ? This car has so many safety features ... and they are outstanding!

handles like an M5 rides like an S Class ... gets 140 mpg and goes like stink ... understated, refined and elegantly tasteful interior ... they didn't even mention the Atmos audio.

best car in the world
Not to mention they list the base price as $180K, which is actually the maximum price model available, the GTP. Don’t fact check, just scramble to publish!!!

I think you are right. ICE performance cars are at the zenith now, and they are absolutely fantastic, and doomed.

Car reviewers are having to re-think how to write about cars... everything they know about cars is obsolete. They are going to need a whole new vocabulary. "Catching rubber in third" will become " giggaflops". "he saw my tail lights" will be,
"I glanced at the rear camera screen and he's red-shifted like a galaxy receding at the speed of light."

If you review software / hardware for PC magazine you may want to send your resume to Car and Driver.

Last edited:
Back