From a motor trend review of the MB EQE sedan

Steveinarizona

Cars
Genesis GV60 Performance
To be fair, this is where every high-performance electric car struggles these days, and the AMG EQE luxury sedan is far from the worst offender. Find a way to increase driver confidence at corner entry, find some life lost in the electric steering rack, and this car could be well on its way to cracking the electric sport sedan code. Only Lucid has done it at this point with the Air GTP, though the Porsche Taycan is close. The AMG EQE is headed in the right direction and leading the BMW i4 M50, which drives more like a simulation. Within Mercedes, the AMG EQE is leaps and bounds ahead of the AMG EQS, the least AMG car the company has built in decades and one that would drag its door handles in corners were they not retractable.

[emphasis added]

Such an ugly car. Mercedes has lost its way in the sedan styling department. Also the range is horrible. They could not do any better than that? I saw that Mercedes is doing more aggressive leases (adding money to the lease, plus the $7500 IRS) on their EQS now, so assume they are/will do it on EQE too. Don’t think the EQS is moving either in this economy.

I sure hope the BMW i5 and Audi A6 EV do much better. I think they will look much better and the Audi is supposed to get over 400 range. Hoping BMW nails it.

Last edited:
Such an ugly car. Mercedes has lost its way in the sedan styling department. Also the range is horrible. They could not do any better than that? I saw that Mercedes is doing more aggressive leases (adding money to the lease, plus the $7500 IRS) on their EQS now, so assume they are/will do it on EQE too. Don’t think the EQS is moving either in this economy.

I sure hope the BMW i5 and Audi A6 EV do much better. I think they will look much better and the Audi is supposed to get over 400 range. Hoping BMW nails it.
I do expect that the new BMW I5 will be excellent. It will be electrified not designed from the ground up as an electric car but the I4 proves that BMW can do a good of that. My problem with the I4 is that it is IMNSHO too ugly being essentially an electrified 4 grand coupe. The 5 series is a much more attractive series so I hope that the BMW designers won't destroy it when they make the I5 (which they might).

I do expect that the new BMW I5 will be excellent. It will be electrified not designed from the ground up as an electric car but the I4 proves that BMW can do a good of that. My problem with the I4 is that it is IMNSHO too ugly being essentially an electrified 4 grand coupe. The 5 series is a much more attractive series so I hope that the BMW designers won't destroy it when they make the I5 (which they might).
Completely agree with you. So far the I5 spy shots look like BMW will not screw up the appearance. If they get the range right, then could be a great car, as they already have excellent software. Excited for it to come out.

Next gen 5 series looks pretty good based on spy shots. I just love the current 5 series as well with its elegant hofmeister kink and its beautiful proportions!

Also, I really think comparing to the i4 m50 is unfair. That isnt even a full M model(however bmw has no electric m, yet.)

The EQS sales are terrible also, like I don’t think they’ve sold many more cars than Lucid. The EQS is ok, it’s got some good things going (clever air filter, roomy trunk, isolation booth quiet, rear wheel steering, and probably the highest functioning ADAS system at the moment), but it’s like Mercedes and BMW are in a tight competition to win the most visually wrong car award. Do you want the upside down bathtub EV or the unnecessarily angular bucktooth boat EV? The Audi ETron and Taycan look a billion times better, and Lucid obviously beats them all in my opinion. I saw an Ioniq 6 in person and while it looks utterly confused in photos in person it looks much better than EQS or BMW i7.

The EQS sales are terrible also, like I don’t think they’ve sold many more cars than Lucid. The EQS is ok, it’s got some good things going (clever air filter, roomy trunk, isolation booth quiet, rear wheel steering, and probably the highest functioning ADAS system at the moment), but it’s like Mercedes and BMW are in a tight competition to win the most visually wrong car award. Do you want the upside down bathtub EV or the unnecessarily angular bucktooth boat EV? The Audi ETron and Taycan look a billion times better, and Lucid obviously beats them all in my opinion. I saw an Ioniq 6 in person and while it looks utterly confused in photos in person it looks much better than EQS or BMW i7.
Roomy trunk does not count in my opinion. Its a hatchback, 10 inches longer than the air, withthe same rear legroom. And it has about 5 more cu ft with all of that, that the lucid STILL beats with its frunk.

Roomy trunk does not count in my opinion. Its a hatchback, 10 inches longer than the air, withthe same rear legroom. And it has about 5 more cu ft with all of that, that the lucid STILL beats with its frunk.
Yeah the Lucid really does have more storage. Plus who wants to put your takeout food in a hatch style trunk? It will smell up the car. That’s where the Lucid frunk trumps all.

Yeah the Lucid really does have more storage. Plus who wants to put your takeout food in a hatch style trunk? It will smell up the car. That’s where the Lucid frunk trumps all.
Just use the frunk. Love the hatch style trunks, as much easier to transport things. Amazing how much I can fit in my Model S. 🙂

Just use the frunk. Love the hatch style trunks, as much easier to transport things. Amazing how much I can fit in my Model S. 🙂
Yesterday, I was transporting a waterproof blanket that my new puppy had, er, relieved itself on (which was fine, that’s why it’s a waterproof blanket) to the laundromat. Let me tell you, I was extremely glad to have a trunk and not a hatchback 😂

I could’ve used the frunk, sure, but I quite like having two isolated and massive storage areas.

Back