Millbrae Center Outstanding

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I have a special 11-99 license plate frame and it has special screw heads so people can’t easily steal it. Anyway I was installing it on Wednesday and the screws are slightly larger than the “standard” Lucid screws in thread size and I wound up stripping the Lucid inserts. Called and spoke with Chris yesterday and we set up an appointment for 8:00 am today. Wasn’t sure about the traffic and actually got here at 7:20 am. Ron immediately ran out and greeted me in my car and was already fully briefed on my issue. He introduced me to the two techs who are now fixing my “screw up” (pun intended). Relaxing looking at all the Lucids waiting for their new owners!! The Lucid service team is by far the best I’ve ever experienced and I am so thankful I own this wonderful machine!!

The old M5 vs 10-32 screw size issue.

Has anyone considered this idea for Lucid or other cars in California? seems like it IS legal in California.
I ordered one last week. Its part of my backup plan if I ever do get a ticket for no front license plate. No way am I going to drill holes in the front bumper!! Hopefully it will just reside in my trunk along with the unused metal plate.

I've had one on my Model 3 for three years. I'm happy with it, better aero and looks than screwing on a license plate. Only thing to watch out for: it must be mounted in the same location as the standard front plate to avoid interfering with radar etc sensors.

Last edited:
I ordered one last week. Its part of my backup plan if I ever do get a ticket for no front license plate. No way am I going to drill holes in the front bumper!! Hopefully it will just reside in my trunk along with the unused metal plate.
if a cop spots you, is it a fix-it ticket or an actual ticket?

if a cop spots you, is it a fix-it ticket or an actual ticket?
Fix-it. If you drive in San Francisco, you'll need a front plate. Oddly this is one thing SF doesn't mess around with.

Fix-it. If you drive in San Francisco, you'll need a front plate. Oddly this is one thing SF doesn't mess around with.

That would seem to go against *every Tesla in SF*, none of which have front plates haha

I never once had that issue in SF with almost daily commuting for years (until Covid anyway). Is this a recent thing?

Also, note on the Millbrae center: the sales associate Christopher Wright was great when a family member went to check the air out last weekend. He spent a lot of time with them and made sure they got to know the car well.

That would seem to go against *every Tesla in SF*, none of which have front plates haha
The local Facebook tesla group is full of shocked tesla owners where some parking enforcement officer dared to write them a ticket for no front plate while parked. South of there where I live, no front plate is de riguer, but I'm boring so I use the license plate wrap.

I never once had that issue in SF with almost daily commuting for years (until Covid anyway). Is this a recent thing?
I received a ticket on my 911 years ago when I lived in SF. It was a “fix it” ticket… but that meant I had to mount a plate :(

I received a ticket on my 911 years ago when I lived in SF. It was a “fix it” ticket… but that meant I had to mount a plate :(

Now you can get the license plate wrap! And if it disappears somehow after that you don’t have screw holes :p

Now you can get the license plate wrap! And if it disappears somehow after that you don’t have screw holes :p
Yes...mine flew off in a high wind area. I swear I was not going 100mph, must've been a strong wind gust.

@SaratogaLefty @hydbob did you end up having to contact the company when you installed it, like it says on their website, or is that not technically required? I’d love to order one now and keep it around just in case but I was thrown by the following on their website: “Once you participate, you will need to provide LPW information of date installed and the starting mileage of your vehicle.”

@SaratogaLefty @hydbob did you end up having to contact the company when you installed it, like it says on their website, or is that not technically required? I’d love to order one now and keep it around just in case but I was thrown by the following on their website: “Once you participate, you will need to provide LPW information of date installed and the starting mileage of your vehicle.”
I have not installed mine, so I really don't know. They also haven't contacted me asking for any information either...so I guess I'm just taking my chances.

I have not installed mine, so I really don't know. They also haven't contacted me asking for any information either...so I guess I'm just taking my chances.
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I don't plan to install it until absolutely necessary.

I’m in NY now unfortunately. It looks like there are NY vinyl “plates” available online but whether it is legal to run them on the road is questionable (it could perhaps be considered a counterfeit plate… which sounds worse than no plate)

I wonder if Winter 2023 means January 2023 or December 2023. Given what we know of Lucid's definition of "soon", it could be either.

Back