Making good progress - Feb 2024 sales

no gas

Supporting Member
Stock down 30% since January. Under $3
Might add some more close to gravity launch.

Feb 2024- 603 sales in US, up more than 30% year on year

Thanks for sharing. Sure hope you are right. The fine print notes the Lucid number is an estimate by Lucid. Given Lucid's history on estimation of sales, I am not putting too much faith in this number. Rollinson need to establish bettery credibility in regards to sales projections in my books. He is producing remarkable products but I fear that sales will not be increasing sigjificantly until the credit rates drop, the Gravity comes out and Lucid starts producing less expensive EVs...2027?

...Given Lucid's history on estimation of sales, I am not putting too much faith in this number....
This is sales that already happened, not an estimate of future sales. I can't imagine the number being too far off.

Lucid being pulled down as TSLA is dropping quickly over last 2 weeks. We may be headed dow near $2 level.

• Sad
Reactions: DJL
This is sales that already happened, not an estimate of future sales. I can't imagine the number being too far off.

Actual, the way the fine print is worded, the number is an estimate of February's sales as put out by Lucid. It is not an actual sales number. Most of the other manufactures put out their actual sailes number. My point was that Rallinson has yet to hit a sales or production projection and has had to significantly decrease his forecasts. Thus, I am not sure how close this estimate for February is as compared to the actual number. I do wish him well as I love my Lucid and when compared to the other vehicles in this market section, it is far superior. However, the higher priced luxury market is (and has been) depressed ever since the increase rates has gone through the roof. It is my belief that Lucid's sale numbers will not see a significant growth until: 1) the interest rates drop, 2) the Gravity come out, and 3) a lower price Lucid is produced so the mainstream market can afford a Lucid. Just my view...

I hope I'm wrong, but I guessed that the recent boost to the referral incentives were an indication that sales were running behind the curve.

Do they classify the leases as sales? With the subsidized depreciation that’s going to hurt long term…

I hope I'm wrong, but I guessed that the recent boost to the referral incentives were an indication that sales were running behind the curve.
They probably want to get rid of inventory cars, get more cars on the roads asap, crush all the talk about going insolvent- they have a few thousand cars lying around, get those into customers hands at any cost this quarter.

Anyone can make a positive impact to Lucid's sales by buying something at their merchandise store.

Actual, the way the fine print is worded, the number is an estimate of February's sales as put out by Lucid. It is not an actual sales number.
Right, I just meant that it's easier to estimate something that happened last month, rather than something you hope will happen over the coming year.

Do they classify the leases as sales? With the subsidized depreciation that’s going to hurt long term…
I'm 99 percent confident most car companies do that for sales, so yes (if they didn't, Mercedes sales would probably total about 27 without all the white with beige interior GLA's being leased 🤣) . I assumed that the lease rates being low was a purposeful short term decision to tide us over until Gravity, which should bring more sales and not need lease boosting (what I mean by that is, lucid could be doing these aggressive leases to get higher sales numbers in the meantime to satisfy other short term doom and gloom investors). Or at least that's the only plausible reason I could think of, and is the same reason behind the regular cash/finance discounts?

Last edited:
Lucid being pulled down as TSLA is dropping quickly over last 2 weeks. We may be headed dow near $2 level.
Can't believe I'm saying this, but thank goodness! I'm selling some other stocks and putting another buy-limit Lucid order in at 2.50... I'm in it for the long term. Lucid is dirt cheap right now considering all the future potential it has and I cannot believe others (No Joke! Holding Lucid Stock Could Make You Broke...) aren't catching on to this.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but thank goodness! I'm selling some other stocks and putting another buy-limit Lucid order in at 2.50... I'm in it for the long term. Lucid is dirt cheap right now considering all the future potential it has and I cannot believe others (No Joke! Holding Lucid Stock Could Make You Broke...) aren't catching on to this.
Yes, trying to time the bottom doesn’t work most of the time. If you have high convection, just buy at these low levels.

I must admit that I am still buying very small amounts even at these level on a DCA basis, but is anyone actively worried about a potential reverse split somewhere down the line? It’s clear that they will have to dilute again and it’s been said recently that they may look to other investors outside the PIF to help on this front. I’m still bullish on Lucid long term, but still try to play devils advocate from time to time.

I must admit that I am still buying very small amounts even at these level on a DCA basis, but is anyone actively worried about a potential reverse split somewhere down the line? It’s clear that they will have to dilute again and it’s been said recently that they may look to other investors outside the PIF to help on this front. I’m still bullish on Lucid long term, but still try to play devils advocate from time to time.
Depends on stock price I guess. If sales improve considerably, Gravity release, new partnership maybe, midsize reveal, Feds cutting rates can bump up stock value significantly, suspect dilution or maybe more debt taken on after all these events. If stock goes to 5-6, might come back down to 3-4. Or if they dilute at 4, it goes to 2. Who knows?

If you are holding 5-10 years, wouldn’t make much difference.

Thanks for sharing. Sure hope you are right. The fine print notes the Lucid number is an estimate by Lucid. Given Lucid's history on estimation of sales, I am not putting too much faith in this number. Rollinson need to establish bettery credibility in regards to sales projections in my books. He is producing remarkable products but I fear that sales will not be increasing sigjificantly until the credit rates drop, the Gravity comes out and Lucid starts producing less expensive EVs...2027?
Ev's InsideEVs Global just came out with January 2024 EV registrations. Lucid had 357 EVs. SUre hope they can ramp up their sales this year. Here is the link to the article.

Actual, the way the fine print is worded, the number is an estimate of February's sales as put out by Lucid. It is not an actual sales number. Most of the other manufactures put out their actual sailes number. My point was that Rallinson has yet to hit a sales or production projection and has had to significantly decrease his forecasts. Thus, I am not sure how close this estimate for February is as compared to the actual number. I do wish him well as I love my Lucid and when compared to the other vehicles in this market section, it is far superior. However, the higher priced luxury market is (and has been) depressed ever since the increase rates has gone through the roof. It is my belief that Lucid's sale numbers will not see a significant growth until: 1) the interest rates drop, 2) the Gravity come out, and 3) a lower price Lucid is produced so the mainstream market can afford a Lucid. Just my view...
Perfectly summarized.

#1 will be linked to the general economy and current affordability issue. Maybe this improves beginning in 2024, but it will be a slow climb.

#2 will show itself late this year, maybe a bump upon first orders, but realistically will be seen only upon deliveries in 2025.

#3 is what they should have done before Gravity but instead will happen in 2026. Their strategic product planning got a major hit with the world economic challenges from Covid, wars and politics. Launches from Porsche, Audi, BMW, Genesis, +, etc in the mid sized SUV market will take a lot of first movers in that segment. Not even mentioning the electric elephant in the room that begins with T and ends with A.

All this to say, it’s going to be a tough road for LCID unless they can start showing better results and faster. My fingers are crossed for them.

Reactions: DJL
Back