Mahle LAK 1590 for cabin air filter? Who carries and who changed it?

chris

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD
Referral Code
KDGO18C2
So I wanted to change my own cabin air filter rather than pay service to do it and found the instructions but when trying to find LAK 1590, only LX 1590 shows up for search.

Has anyone here successfully changed their cabin air filter? Where did you buy the filter and is it really LAK 1590?

The LAK filter is unavailable even from Malhe (the manufacturer). With the low number of sales no one has engineered an filter for sale to the aftermarket. You will need to purchase the filter from Lucid.

See my post on the other thread on service.

Well I guess I'll be buying one from Lucid-- will be interesting to see how much it costs. I'll report back here when I have it--- I am waiting for when I have to take my car in for service anyway at this point (soon as parts are ordered) and will ask then for it to be left in the car for me upon pick up.

Did you actually try this search yourself and LOOK at the results because there is no LAK 1590 on Amazon (1st place I checked before posting here actually).
To be fair, it does yield a result.

And doing more digging I even found an LAK 159 but still not LAK 1590

Yes a negative result, what a useless comment.
That was completely uncalled for.

What exactly do you hope to accomplish by disparaging folks who are just trying to help out?

That’s not what we do here. We’re a community.

Attachments

• IMG_4380.webp
    IMG_4380.webp
    126.8 KB · Views: 33
In the manual it says there are 2 filters. Does anyone know where they are both located at? Glovebox and ? I typically like to change ours more frequently especially after pollen season. Would be interested to know where they are located and what the part numbers are etc.

Is this the filter? This was the result from the search.
No that is not it. How to change

No that is not it. How to change

Thank you for this link. For a vehicle designed from the ground up they sure forgot about serviceable items. Here I thought BMW having to take glove compartment off is a real pain. This is totally on another level!

I don't think it is too bad. Maximizing passenger/cargo space can make packaging equipment challenging.

My concern is Lucid has not (as far as I know) released part books, repair manuals, diagnostic software, wiring diagrams, etc., needed to maintain the cars to third parties.

If sales ever take off (as Lucid expects them to) the service centers will be swamped with minor work getting in the way of larger warranty repairs. In addition, limiting repairs of minor items (windshields, paint, and non-structural body work) to authorized shops does little to insure repair quality and a lot to drive up repair cost.

Eff all the filters.
Do this instead. And wear it all the time.
I shower with it too.

Attachments

• istockphoto-1206385911-1024x1024.webp
    istockphoto-1206385911-1024x1024.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 19
I SA informed me that is is 3 filters actually. Interesting that the 'write up' is all about just one of the 3 and the is no mention of 3 anywhere else.

I SA informed me that is is 3 filters actually. Interesting that the 'write up' is all about just one of the 3 and the is no mention of 3 anywhere else.
Manual says 2…. Interested to know where the 3rd is….

Back