Lucid vs Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why - when I enjoy most of the forum posts and learning more about Lucid, except for some posters that are so negative or post nonsense about Tesla. Would you like inaccurate statements or negativity if it was on Lucid? It should not be that way and I am not alone, as I have seen other people get bashed that defended Tesla too. That is not right. It is almost like they are jealous that Tesla has been so successful. Just weird…

And I will be a Lucid owner. Have one on order and doing my first test drive on Sunday. So, I will be part of the Lucid family and when I do, I will not be some person that bashes Tesla, just because I own a Lucid or some a different make. Just stupid, but that is how some people are in this world right now.. No manners what so ever and act like know it all’s. 😀
Sorry, I didn't realize that you were such a nice guy.

We have a 2021 Model S Plaid. While I agree that Tesla's software is generally ahead of Lucid's in reliability, it's not all roses. We have periodic issues with the key fob either failing to open the doors and/or, if it does, failing to start the car. (This never happened in our 2015 Model S.) Almost every week we have a few episodes where we can only start the car by rubbing the key card over the phone charger pad. And, once it happens, it happens for the rest of the day every time we get back in the car, only clearing up after an overnight park.

I also find it very difficult to adjust the A/C temperature in the Tesla, especially if the car is moving. And having to go into a menu to redirect the air vents -- again, especially if the car is moving -- is true aggravation. Of course, some things can be done with voice control -- if it doesn't try to take you to a pizza parlor when you've asked to raise the temperature.
Just curious I have never encountered these issues. Do you use the cell phone app I always have that for mobile key. And for climates I just keep it auto. Granted I am in Arizona so our weather is pretty non event and nice 60s. Had car for 1 month 3k miles and no issues.

We have a 2021 Model S Plaid. While I agree that Tesla's software is generally ahead of Lucid's in reliability, it's not all roses. We have periodic issues with the key fob either failing to open the doors and/or, if it does, failing to start the car. (This never happened in our 2015 Model S.) Almost every week we have a few episodes where we can only start the car by rubbing the key card over the phone charger pad. And, once it happens, it happens for the rest of the day every time we get back in the car, only clearing up after an overnight park.

I also find it very difficult to adjust the A/C temperature in the Tesla, especially if the car is moving. And having to go into a menu to redirect the air vents -- again, especially if the car is moving -- is true aggravation. Of course, some things can be done with voice control -- if it doesn't try to take you to a pizza parlor when you've asked to raise the temperature.
Also can I understand why do you have both cars as it something I might consider. Like do you use model S for racing or one as daily driver or you just like to mix it up?

Why - when I enjoy most of the forum posts and learning more about Lucid, except for some posters that are so negative or post nonsense about Tesla. Would you like inaccurate statements or negativity if it was on Lucid? It should not be that way and I am not alone, as I have seen other people get bashed that defended Tesla too. That is not right. It is almost like they are jealous that Tesla has been so successful. Just weird…

And I will be a Lucid owner. Have one on order and doing my first test drive on Sunday. So, I will be part of the Lucid family and when I do, I will not be some person that bashes Tesla, just because I own a Lucid or some a different make. Just stupid, but that is how some people are in this world right now.. No manners what so ever and act like know it all’s. 😀
This man speaks the truth. Most won’t applaud you but man this was well said. As I understand tho the goal of moderators to keep both Lucid and Tesla comments to same bar but you can tell some folks just want to hassle Tesla folks. I get it it’s a Lucid forum so some of this tension is expected. Most times I just scroll on cause it’s vice versa on Tesla forum. It is what it is.

My GT is in for service so I rented a Model 3. It's my first extended exposure to a Tesla. A few observations:

1. It's not fair comparing the drive to the Lucid as they are not apples to apples. But I'd say the 3 reminds me on a Nissan Sentra or Honda Civic.
2. The interior is very spartan. I don't like the seats.
3. The cabin noise is considerably louder than the air.
4. I HATE the huge screen in the middle. It's is an eyesore and out of place. Who wants to look at the middle of the car for their speed?!??!!?
5. I really like their (not sure what to call it) visual representation of your car and it's surroundings. Traffic cones, garbage cans, etc. all show up on screen. I like that alot!
6. I like the multiple wireless charging spots and how the phone sits in it making the phone viewable and accessible.
7. I also really like how the car remains unlocked unless you tap the B pillar. And it stays asleep until I unlock it.
8. I don't have a huge desire for the sentry mode recordings, but that is pretty damn cool!
Not sure why you are comparing a model 3 base car 39K to the air GT 100K plus. Weird
Apples/oranges

I did see the person turning and did stop the car too. Why do you care and even raise that as a question? And I do know most modern cars do that.

Tesla Model S can use blended braking in an update that was issued last year.

And why should I not be generalizing? Have you owned or own a Tesla?

Article on braking:

Tired of the some of the negativity of Tesla on this forum and some of the clueless responses. Any comparisons that reference a Model 3/Y compared to Lucid Air are irrelevant. Only valid comparisons are Model S to Lucid Air. Y/3 are not even close to Model S/X or Lucid Air.

Wouldn't it be easier to leave the forum and then you won't see all the negative feedback of the Teslas? You can always come back once you have a Lucid. By the way, I don't own a Tesla nor am I interested in one since I have a Lucid.
Oh come on...people here shouldn't compare Tesla vs Lucid?

Wouldn't it be easier to leave the forum and then you won't see all the negative feedback of the Teslas? You can always come back once you have a Lucid. By the way, I don't own a Tesla nor am I interested in one since I have a Lucid.
Easier for you apparently...

Back when we still had our first Tesla (2015 Model S P90D) and I had put down a deposit on a Lucid Air Dream, I began the long process of learning as much as I could about Lucid ahead of deciding whether I really wanted to buy a car that expensive from an early production run. Part of that process was to follow as many written and video interviews as I could find with Lucid personnel.

I still remember an interview Peter Rawlinson gave about ADAS in early days. He said that software -- and especially ADAS software -- was outside his realm of expertise and recounted the discussions he had been having with individuals and companies that were developing autonomous driving systems. He said that everyone in the field (outside of Tesla) was telling him that true self-driving in all conditions on all roads was an absolute minimum of at least ten years and several tens of billion of development dollars away from realization and that it might not even be attainable based on what could be done with the just vehicle without changes in roadway design and infrastructure. Rawlinson promised that Lucid would have some ADAS features, that some of them would not come until 18 months after first production runs, and that they would remain in the realm of Level 2 or 2+ features for the foreseeable future.

At the time of this interview, I was watching one feature after another being deactivated in the $3,000 "Enhanced Autopilot" option we had purchased for our Tesla (the only ADAS option Tesla offered at the time). It could no longer be set to drive more than 5 miles above the speed limit. It would no longer operate on some surface roads where it had earlier. Automatic lane change was turned off. In short, this $3,000 option on a car that already cost $125,000 was reduced to nothing more than adaptive cruise control with lane keeping assist.

Yet, at the same time, Tesla was beginning to talk about its "full self-driving" system that would be operable in a few months . . . no, early next year . . . no, later next year . . . no, the year after . . . . . . And it could be had for the bargain price of $5,000 . . . no, $10,000 . . . no, $12,000 . . . no, $15,000.

This contrast between Rawlinson's candor regarding ADAS and Musk's overblown marketing hype and rapacious pricing was the point at which I decided Lucid really was worth watching.

And when bought our Model S Plaid in 2021, we took a pass on its "full self driving" option. Fool me once . . . .
I'm one of the suckers who belived Elon Musk when he said robotaxis coming in 2018- ended up pay 15 k for FSD in 2 tesla, big con!

I'm one of the suckers who belived Elon Musk when he said robotaxis coming in 2018- ended up pay 15 k for FSD in 2 tesla, big con!
You again ? 99% of your posts are about how bad Tesla are you have ZEROcredibility in this thread. IMO
Are you a singer for the band Spin Doctors?
Lol

You all showed up at a Philadelphia Eagles game wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey and are wondering why occasionally you hear some folks in the stands trash talking your team?

Get some perspective.

We’re happy to ask folks to tamp down on the blatant ad hominem attacks on individuals or anything egregious or blatantly false. But the fact of the matter is there’s a lot of former Tesla owners on this forum who are former for good reason. And their negative experiences with Tesla are just as valid as the many, many negative experiences expressed here about Lucid.

We are not here to cheerlead for Tesla any more than we are for Lucid. So don’t ask the mods to turn this site into yet another Tesla echo chamber.

There are plenty of places you can seek out affirmation of your life choices if you need that.

Come here if you want to hear what real people who have driven both cars think. Good and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back