Speculation Lucid-Volvo service agreement?

PretendEngineer

Verified Owner
Today I took my Polestar 2 in for regular service. I’m talking to the the representative that usually takes care of me and mention that I recently took delivery of an Air. I also mention that I’ve had some niggles and naggles that I’ve had to drive hours away to get resolved. He mentioned that they’d be servicing Lucids in the near future which took me by surprise but I didn’t inquire any further.

It would be great if this was true because distance from the service center is quickly becoming an ownership pain point for me.

Has anyone heard anything similar through their grape vine?

Seems really smart. Why spend all the money to build out service centers when you can basically outsource it to another automaker. Volvo at least is a luxury-ish brand which would hopefully provide a good service experience.

Very interesting if true. If Volvo were to take on servicing Lucid cars, and continued in the event the company folded, that would be reassuring to buyers - both in terms of getting their cars serviced, and keeping market values of used Lucids from tanking (not many would buy a car nobody can fix).

I like your username.
reminds me of this comic

comic.jpg

I feel like if Lucid-Volvo announced a service partnership, it would drastically cheapen the "luxury" feeling of owning a Lucid. It portrays doubt in Lucid's ability to service it's own vehicles that requires a cheaper brand to handle its servicing. If it was a service partnership with Aston Martin, that would make more sense because they would be using the same drivetrain/motors/etc.

In 2022, GM tried to smear Tesla's premium/luxury status by stating GM has a Tesla repair program and serviced thousands of Tesla. Due to legal reasons and to avoid further libel, GM has not elaborated on this program and Tesla has never publicly announced any sort of GM-Tesla service partnership.

I feel like if Lucid-Volvo announced a service partnership, it would drastically cheapen the "luxury" feeling of owning a Lucid. It portrays doubt in Lucid's ability to service it's own vehicles that requires a cheaper brand to handle its servicing. If it was a service partnership with Aston Martin, that would make more sense because they would be using the same drivetrain/motors/etc.

In 2022, GM tried to smear Tesla's premium/luxury status by stating GM has a Tesla repair program and serviced thousands of Tesla. Due to legal reasons and to avoid further libel, GM has not elaborated on this program and Tesla has never publicly announced any sort of GM-Tesla service partnership.

I owned an Aston Martin, and while I loved the car the service was terrible. The local (70 miles away) Aston Dealer was part of a much bigger dealership. They only had one Aston certified tech and it was a nightmare trying to schedule any service in a reasonable amount of time. They also didn't provide loaners or anything. Aston has a very limited number of dealerships in the country, all part of larger dealerships.

Volvo might not be as luxury as Mercedes, but it should be acceptable. Lucid could still have their own techs, use their own service app, and provide their own loaners to make it more luxury.

I have not had a "luxury" feeling repeatedly having to follow up with my service center to chase down an appointment. Even if they are backlogged, there is no excuse not emailing or calling a customer back repeatedly. I welcome more service capacity if this is true.

I have not had a "luxury" feeling repeatedly having to follow up with my service center to chase down an appointment. Even if they are backlogged, there is no excuse not emailing or calling a customer back repeatedly. I welcome more service capacity if this is true.
Some service centers are just plain shitshow tbh. I choose to drive out to a Lucid service center further out just to get better service. Albeit, I agree Lucid needs to improve all of their service center processes to make it more of a luxury feeling such as basic follow-ups, reminders, and updates. From my experience with Lucid service, it feels like they're just winging it all the time. I feel like I got better service amenities at a standard Honda or Mazda service center.

Across-the-board, I feel service centers have just went down for all manufactures. Mercedes BMW used to excel at service now it’s 50% of what it what once was. I agree if a Lucid is partnering with Volvo it is a great thing for the cars to continue to be serviced. I remember when Fisker went under and the cars tanks because you could never find anyone to service them.

It is not a bad idea... I assume it would be Polestar tie-in if it is true. Polestar's upcoming products look pretty good..

When I was in the bay, Alameda I never saw one. Although there was a semi Volvo dealer on the 880. Here in Pasadena, I haven't a clue where there is a Volvo dealer.

We only just moved back to so cal, a year ago, but generally dealerships sorta stay around the same area.

When I was in the bay, Alameda I never saw one. Although there was a semi Volvo dealer on the 880. Here in Pasadena, I haven't a clue where there is a Volvo dealer.

We only just moved back to so cal, a year ago, but generally dealerships sorta stay around the same area.
You will find a Volvo dealer typically at a cluster of auto mall dealers.

Palo Alto, San Jose, Burlingame, San Leandro, Dublin, 2 in SF, Walnut Creek, Monterey, Marin, etc.

Closest ones to Alameda would be Walnut Creek, Marin, Dublin, San Leandro

There’s one literally in Pasadena at 267 W Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105

Or Van Nuys, Santa Monica, Culver City, Torrance, Downtown LA…

I had had several experiences with Lucid service in Scottsdale. I can truthfully say I have had an unparalleled experience . John has provided service that is far and above any service that I have had in the past 60 years from anyone, car dealer or any other retailer. He is knowledgeable and goes way above and beyond to solve problems and ALWAYS checks other things to catch anything that might cause a problem later.

Back