Lucid Tire Availability - Heavy Backorder

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
I’m in the middle of getting one of my 21” OEM tires patched and was heavily warned to order a spare in case something went wrong. When the guy looked up tire inventory, apparently there’s a heavy back order for these “exclusive” tires. Basically, I needed a 1:1 replacement, good luck getting it for a few months. Thought that was an interesting tidbit in case anyone was curious. My patch is likely simple, so I’m not worried. But man, if the mail went through the tire wall…

Sometimes early in the life of an EV, the only place to get a replacement tire is through factory service. After a year or so they become easier to get. At least this is how it worked for my Volvo EV, which uses very similar Pirelli tires.

Sometimes early in the life of an EV, the only place to get a replacement tire is through factory service. After a year or so they become easier to get. At least this is how it worked for my Volvo EV, which uses very similar Pirelli tires.
I’m not quite going to blanket this over “EV”s. This is more of the exception rather the norm to have purely custom tires.

I’m not quite going to blanket this over “EV”s. This is more of the exception rather the norm to have purely custom tires.
Maybe I should have said performance-oriented EVs that use low rolling resistance tires from Pirelli and Michelin. Both vendors have very incomplete but slowly growing lineups of wide low profile low rolling resistance tires. Both have been slow to fill out their performance EV tire fitments in the US market.

Worse comes to worse, we throw some Michelli. Pilot Sport AS like @Dreamed did

Good point. I was able to get a plug patch, so no big deal. I think someone listed off the tire requirements somewhere in the forum when hunting for alternatives right?
That was me. TireRack.com has several options

Back