Michelin pilot sport all season 4 brief review

Demosthenes

One of my OEM p zero’s bit the dust at around 15k miles so I decided to go for the PS4 All Season’s which is a switch I’ve been meaning to do for a while now but needed a busted tire to motivate me. Actually wanted to wait for the PS EV’s to be available in 21” size but no luck there yet.

So now I’m running on the PS4 AS tires on HRE p101sc rims at the exact fitment of the original OEM pirelli’s except I couldn’t find the right load rating so went with what was available which was 96 on the 245 fronts and 101 on the 265 rears. Wasn’t really sure if that was the right call but going by the load rating charts I still get over 6600 lbs of load which technically is enough for a 5000 lbs lucid? I lose hundreds of pounds of load rating but I gain back a smidge cuz my rims are lighter than the OEM rims. Dubious reasoning I know…whatever lol

I’ve driven about 3700 miles on the new tires and I was curious how they’d be in terms of range, road noise, and durability. I was worried that because they weren’t ‘EV specific’, they would suffer in comparison to the OEM pirelli’s. Turns out my fears were unwarranted. The range is basically the same or even slightly better. I don’t really notice any significant difference in road noise.

As for durability, I’m not sure because it’s still so early days but I haven’t seen any sidewall bubbles yet (plagued my pirelli’s). I did get a nail in one of them when I was still about 600 miles away from my destination one time and this resulted in a slow leak from that tire all the way back. I drove at normal speeds and pumped the tire with air whenever it creeped below 25 psi or so and completed the trip without any difficulty. After repair, seems to be holding up just fine.

Overall, pretty pleased with them so far although I’m still a bit leery about the load rating as they’re still very new. But driving in Canadian winters really did need a more proper tire than those slick pirelli’s!

Hang in there. Michelin is already making some 4S tires with an HL load rating. It is only a matter of time, I suspect, before it comes out with HL load rated tires that will fit the Lucid.

I've had 20" PS4 all seasons on since taking delivery & they've done great in many snow storms, potholes, etc.

I am not satisfied with the impact harshness with the Pirelli 19 inchers. It is oddly noticeable going over longitudinal strips in concrete pavement. This is exacerbated by the unusually high tire pressure. Driving on newer asphalt and the ride is silky smooth.

Over time I’m sure there will be expanded aftermarket options for lighter weight aero wheels and more choices for high load tires with better ride characteristics.

One of my OEM p zero’s bit the dust at around 15k miles so I decided to go for the PS4 All Season’s which is a switch I’ve been meaning to do for a while now but needed a busted tire to motivate me. Actually wanted to wait for the PS EV’s to be available in 21” size but no luck there yet.

So now I’m running on the PS4 AS tires on HRE p101sc rims at the exact fitment of the original OEM pirelli’s except I couldn’t find the right load rating so went with what was available which was 96 on the 245 fronts and 101 on the 265 rears. Wasn’t really sure if that was the right call but going by the load rating charts I still get over 6600 lbs of load which technically is enough for a 5000 lbs lucid? I lose hundreds of pounds of load rating but I gain back a smidge cuz my rims are lighter than the OEM rims. Dubious reasoning I know…whatever lol

I’ve driven about 3700 miles on the new tires and I was curious how they’d be in terms of range, road noise, and durability. I was worried that because they weren’t ‘EV specific’, they would suffer in comparison to the OEM pirelli’s. Turns out my fears were unwarranted. The range is basically the same or even slightly better. I don’t really notice any significant difference in road noise.

As for durability, I’m not sure because it’s still so early days but I haven’t seen any sidewall bubbles yet (plagued my pirelli’s). I did get a nail in one of them when I was still about 600 miles away from my destination one time and this resulted in a slow leak from that tire all the way back. I drove at normal speeds and pumped the tire with air whenever it creeped below 25 psi or so and completed the trip without any difficulty. After repair, seems to be holding up just fine.

Overall, pretty pleased with them so far although I’m still a bit leery about the load rating as they’re still very new. But driving in Canadian winters really did need a more proper tire than those slick pirelli’s!
It’s been about a year… how about an update on how your Michelin PS4s are working out?

Back