Falken Azenis FK460 A/S

SBR

Cars
AGT X2
I’m tired of the 21 inch lame excuses of “you drove over a pothole” and these are low profile tires.

I’ve had plenty of cars with similar and smaller sidewalls. Tesla, aventador, etc. I drive them all the same and have not had a sidewall bubble issue in any of them. Yes it could be coincidence, but really… unlikely.

For my family cruiser cars, I’ve always had success with the cheaper brands that offer great warranty and excellent pricing. The falken comes to mind. I don’t plan to track or push the limits of the car. I see no issue with all seasons.

Anyone tried this on the lucid 21” ?

Also I called a few installers and many backed away because the Lucid load rating is 99/103 for F/R , only Pirelli fit the bill. The Michelins PS4S everyone seems to be going for and everything else I see are 96/101.

What am I missing? Surely others have installed tires on the lucid with 96/101 (I only saw threads on Michelins 4S and nothing else). Pirelli is the only one with 99/103 for our cars.

Thanks for any guidance and wisdom. I did a quick search and didn’t see this question come up 💪🏻🙏

I’m tired of the 21 inch lame excuses of “you drove over a pothole” and these are low profile tires.

I’ve had plenty of cars with similar and smaller sidewalls. Tesla, aventador, etc. I drive them all the same and have not had a sidewall bubble issue in any of them. Yes it could be coincidence, but really… unlikely.

For my family cruiser cars, I’ve always had success with the cheaper brands that offer great warranty and excellent pricing. The falken comes to mind. I don’t plan to track or push the limits of the car. I see no issue with all seasons.

Anyone tried this on the lucid 21” ?

Also I called a few installers and many backed away because the Lucid load rating is 99/103 for F/R , only Pirelli fit the bill. The Michelins PS4S everyone seems to be going for and everything else I see are 96/101.

What am I missing? Surely others have installed tires on the lucid with 96/101 (I only saw threads on Michelins 4S and nothing else). Pirelli is the only one with 99/103 for our cars.

Thanks for any guidance and wisdom. I did a quick search and didn’t see this question come up 💪🏻🙏
18k miles here with no issues. I keep the inflation pressure at 45.

Ditto. 45psi . No issues until the last 15 days bubbles started popping up on multiple tires a few days apart. That can’t be a coincidence.

Around 12k miles

Is it below 40 degrees where you are in the past month or so? If so, that’s why. No summer tire is rated for those temps.

Buy the discount tire / America’s tire certs for less than the price of a single tire, and they will swap it for you if anything happens.

Is it below 40 degrees where you are in the past month or so? If so, that’s why. No summer tire is rated for those temps.

Buy the discount tire / America’s tire certs for less than the price of a single tire, and they will swap it for you if anything happens.
He apparently goes to the Houston SC, which is getting very close to 40.

Texas. Austin <> Houston. I’m probably as south as it gets for most of the county. I really don’t think 40F weather is the issue.

Anyone else tried other tires besides the Pirelli?

I have replaced my tires due to bubbling or hitting potholes 4 times. Unfortunately here in Nashville TN. construction is constant and the roads aren’t the best. I drive a Touring model with 21” Pirelli. I purchased a warranty with Discount Tire ($800) and they will swap out the damaged or popped tire for roughly $80. Warranty doesn’t expire or have tire limits. It can be annoying to have to wait for the tires to be ordered as they rarely stock this particular size and model.

Yeah. On my current ride I have Michelin Primacy (ugh) tires. I was planning on moving to Pilot 4S summer tires but it has been cold recently even here in Scottsdale (yesterday when I woke up it was 29 Fahrenheit) so I am now thinking of maybe going to Michelin Pilot A/S tires. Reviews I have read state that the drop in performance compared to the 4S is small and an all season version would handle the cold weather better (cold by my current standards).

Hopefully Michelin, Continental and others will start offering alternatives that fit the Lucid Air.

quick update, I got tired of these useless Pirellis and got the Falkens on my front two tires. I've put about 1500 miles on them in mixed driving and they feel wonderful. the ride is slightly more comfortable (all seasons vs performance maybe?) and they fit well. i was slightly worried about not having the foams on the tires and the noise. no issues to report. the wind noise on the windows mute everything else out :). high speed runs on the neighborhood closed track was equally thrilling.

next step is to get my rears replaced and the other GT done for all 4s. It's a shame the pirellis still had 7/32 wear. I'm done with these overpriced bubble inducing Pirellis. The Falkens cost me about $500 installed for two fronts after some mild haggling at the local tire store. icing on the cake: they're rated at 500 A A and come with a fantastic 6years 50k or 25k for different rears.

Everyone should read this and get rid of the Pirellis. Yes, i could have paid 2X for more Pirellis and yes I could have gotten a Discount Tire warranty, but my time is worth more than dealing with a bubble, waiting in line at Discount and getting it replaced. I've driven many performance cars some with even 30 ratios and I've never seen a bubble. It's the tire, it isn't me. /end rant.

Weird that for my car, which uses 25540ZR21 Michelin makes the 4S (which fits my car) in HL load and 105 tuned for an electric Mercedes. I am guessing that MB arranged for that.

Back