Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

🤷‍♂️

I own the car, love talking to people, and am very frank about the things I love and hate about it.

I don’t know what an “insider” is but if it means I get to play with stuff and hack on stuff and break stuff and enjoy new things then call me anything you want lol
An “insider” is someone who is told things, and asked not to share those things publicly 🙂

That is very close to Rivian “Launching Green” color. It was a very popular choice. I wonder Lucid is learning from Rivian.

@smartebiz has the other green color AND green upholstery. My wife liked green too for SUV.

I think it looks more like the Subaru green on the Outback. Which I like honestly.

000.jpg

Lucid should give for free to all the early adopters that paid full price.
Of course I would like to see it for free, but I don’t know if that is realistic. If this happens, I believe that they will be reasonable about a hardware upgrade. It’s Lucid’s first test to see how they will handle functional obsolescence. It’s not in their interest to isolate existing owners, otherwise people will be hesitant to buy cars if they feel that the technology is going to be obsolete within a year or two.

I hate to bring up the “T” word, but other than removing Lidar from some cars, Teslas that are several years old get to enjoy the same software as cars being rolled off the lot today. I think Lucid has to follow a similar path, as does Rivian and the rest of the competitors.

Lucid should give for free to all the early adopters that paid full price.
I would gladly pay for an upgrade and have no expectations to get a free upgrade.

I would gladly pay for an upgrade and have no expectations to get a free upgrade.
Me too. Lucid should figure out how to let people trade up into better Lucid Airs or into Lucid Gravity.

This is a Rivian R1S in Launch Green.

1700182022797.png

I don't think that is similar to Gravity green.

The only thing Lucid needs to learn from Rivian is launch the trucks first then worry about the sedans. And later still razor thin margin commercial vans.

Next up should be an EQE SUV and Model Y competitor not a Model 3 or Ioniq 6 competitor.

What an exciting day.

1500 payload and 6000 tow is enough for a car hauler and a track toy. I wonder how it would perform over the grapevine to buttonwillow. Bet that brake regen would really scavenge some energy back.

I am advocating for those of us whom bought in 2022 at full price with the simple wishes of having the best tech and supporting Lucid to succeed. Then we all got hair cuts when they gave discount after discounts. But still no regrets! I wonder who here paid the $154K for the GT.

I don’t mind to pay to upgrade that steering wheel. But I think round wheel is best for performance on track. That new Gravity steering is excellent for road tripping and much improved from Tesla yoke.

I don’t mind to pay to upgrade that steering wheel. But I think round wheel is best for performance on track. That new Gravity steering is excellent for road tripping and much improved from Tesla yoke.
I’ll bet you a shiny nickel that it is a touch sensor, rather than torque for HA. I can’t imagine Lucid would repeat the torque mistake.

I’ll bet you a shiny nickel that it is a touch sensor, rather than torque for HA. I can’t imagine Lucid would repeat the torque mistake.
Touch is a much bigger mistake, trust me. You can just tap a finger on the surface and you are “paying attention,” although in reality you are not ready to take control.
Just give us handsfree driving! That should be the next step.

Back