• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

Hi, all.

I can tell that today was as exciting for you as it was for me. I loved reading all your reactions to the big reveal!

We just posted the official video of Peter and Derek's presentation to YouTube:

Marqie
I assume you didnt love the leaks… lol. Beautiful car!

Hi, all.

I can tell that today was as exciting for you as it was for me. I loved reading all your reactions to the big reveal!

Marqie
Seriously, hands off and congratulations on all the good press. It’s a long time in the making.

Touch is a much bigger mistake, trust me. You can just tap a finger on the surface and you are “paying attention,” although in reality you are not ready to take control.
Just give us handsfree driving! That should be the next step.
Ok, I’m in!

Hi, all.

Marqie

Well done! You guys are doing A+++!
Peter look aged 10 years in the past 2 years. 😔

Hi, all.

Marqie
Great job all around. I had no plans to buy a Gravity, but I’m thinking hard about it now.

Well done! You guys are doing A+++!
Peter look aged 10 years in the past 2 years. 😔
Old post from @hmp10 about this, just add the newest to it:
1700185726632.png

You do have to feel sorry for him. The stress must have been immense to make the best car in the world..

Great job all around. I had no plans to buy a Gravity, but I’m thinking hard about it now.

I was on fence for Model-X because recent huge price drop and I like its monster windshield and 17” screen w unobstructed dashboard.

Now, I’m glad I didn’t give in to the urge. My expectation for Gravity was low, now my faith is renewed. Lucid still have lots execution ahead. Prototype is easy, production is another story.

I poo pooed the SUV, but admittedly Gravity seems pretty great and I want one. I'll cruise around with the rear and second seats folded like 98% of the time.

Costco shoppers going to "see me rollin and they be hatin." Especially when they wait for me to load 3 forklifts worth of rotisserie chicken pallets into that cavernous trunk.

4*8 plywood sheet looks like it'll fit. Wonder how much space between the wheels?

Edit: presentation would have been perfect if anyone would have showed me the cup holders were functional. Somewhere between a big gulp and a soda can.

Last edited:
I poo pooed the SUV, but admittedly Gravity seems pretty great and I want one. I'll cruise around with the rear and second seats folded like 98% of the time.

Costco shoppers going to "see me rollin and they be hatin." Especially when they wait for me to load 3 forklifts worth of rotisserie chicken pallets into that cavernous trunk.

4*8 plywood sheet looks like it'll fit. Wonder how much space between the wheels?
Costco rotisserie chicken is overrated.

(dont track my house down and shoot me please)

I am just happy I can flex over the other SUV's at home depot..

I was on fence for Model-X because recent huge price drop and I like its monster windshield and 17” screen w unobstructed dashboard.

Now, I’m glad I didn’t give in to the urge. My expectation for Gravity was low, now my faith is renewed. Lucid still have lots execution ahead. Prototype is easy, production is another story.
Exactly! I loved the Tesla touchscreen and wish Lucid did something like that in their style and they hit it out of the ballpark.

Unrelated, but another SUV premiered: you would NEVER guess this is a Hyundai.
1700189030814.png

Stunning..

@LucidDropkick what did you think of the rear seat? This is a clear picture and looks pretty good to be honest. How comfortable was it? View attachment 16435
Okay I swear I have seen him somewhere despite living in Edison nj. Legroom and width looks great(was 2nd row moved forward?) but the window looks a BIT tight for claustrophobic-ness(?). However, the glass roof MORE than makes up for that... stunning how it goes ALL THE WAY behind the third row. Most brands stop just before the third row ends.

I do wish the Gravity was a bit wider. Other than for drag CD and specifically frontal area, was there any particular reason mentioned that is is TEN inches narrower than the Air? That is a drastic difference, and would let the gravity have:

Bigger center console
Better handling
More space for batteries
More cargo
8th seat with potential 9th in front with lucids great packaging
More width to work with for aero elements(although frontal area is increased)
Better looks?(still looks great, now that i think of it it'd look weird 10 inches wider)

Back