• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

I like that steering wheel. It’s compromise as yoke hybrid not to cover the pilot cockpit view. It is well thought out.

We detest the yoke in our Model S Plaid, in part because it makes the U-turns that are a daily part of driving on Florida's divided highways more difficult, as it's difficult to catch the yoke as it self-straightens out of a tight turn. The slightly flattened bottoms that are becoming more common on steering wheels do not impede such turns, but that fairly severe flattening at the top of the wheel looks perilously close to yoke territory. I hope Lucid put it through some serious testing by seasoned drivers.

We detest the yoke in our Model S Plaid, in part because it makes the U-turns that are a daily part of driving on Florida's divided highways more difficult, as it's difficult to catch the yoke as it self-straightens out of a tight turn. The slightly flattened bottoms that are becoming more common on steering wheels do not impede such turns, but that fairly severe flattening at the top of the wheel looks perilously close to yoke territory. I hope Lucid put it through some serious testing by seasoned drivers.
I absolutely love the yoke in my Model S and have 0 issues using it even in the winter months around my area. I get everyone is different though. :) One of the reasons I am so happy to see that Lucid is changing their steering wheel on the Gravity. Just looks awesome now. 🙂

It brought all the things I loved about Tesla into lucid. Just perfect. Now the air looks outdated..
Don't think I'd go quite that far. I'll always take a sedan styling over an SUV. As for the interior, I like the idea of the retractable screen and I prefer the Air’s steering wheel, so I still prefer the interior of the Air. The new screen in the Gravity is fixed, pretty much like everyone else. But yes, the styling is very nice and if I were in the market for an SUV the Gravity would be at the top of my list pending the details.

Last edited:
20231116_155714.jpg
20231116_155721.jpg

20231116_155724.jpg
20231116_155726.jpg

Is there a LiveStream of the unveiling? I can't seem to find any information on when it is today or how to access.

The reason we have decided to let go of the Model S Plaid and keep the Air Dream once we take delivery of a Gravity is because Lucid finally resolved the software issues of the early Airs and let the other virtues of the car shine through the fog of software nightmares.

I doubt if any of us will ever really grasp how severely the first year of software problems damaged the reputation of a company that brought us what I think is the world's finest driving machine and passenger conveyance.

I understand that the Gravity will have a lot of carryover software from the Air with the teething pains already resolved. However, I'm sure there will be new features and new interfaces with hardware as well.

The Gravity is the key to Lucid's financial stability going forward. They absolutely MUST avoid releasing the Gravity until the software is stable, no matter what delivery delays that might entail. If the Gravity that gets into the hands of auto journalists and early owners has anything like the levels of difficulty with entering and using the vehicle that occurred with the Air, Lucid is dead meat. I hope they understand this as well as they understand how to engineer cutting-edge EV hardware.

Don't think I'd go quite that far. I'll always take a sedan styling over an SUV. As for the interior, I like the idea of the retractable screen and I prefer the Air’s steering wheel, so I still prefer the interior of the Air. The new screen in the Gravity is fixed, pretty much like everyone else. But yes, the styling is very nice and if I were in the market for an SUV the Gravity would be at the top of my list pending the details.
Actually, I liked the EXTERIOR of the Air better than the Gravity, although the gravity looks more futuristic and I will hold on to that. To me, the gravity looks like the 2016 air, which is a good thing. However, the interior of the air is now more dated than the gravity to me, and I do not think much people would debate that(I do love the retractable screen...). That says a lot, considering I thought the air was hugely futuristic literally 3 hours ago.

I doubt we are going to post instead of watch haha
Yup, please do that. I hate people at a concert who hold their phones up instead of enjoying, and this is no different. I should have thought of that, enjoy!

I absolutely love the yoke in my Model S and have 0 issues using it even in the winter months around my area. I get everyone is different though. :) One of the reasons I am so happy to see that Lucid is changing their steering wheel on the Gravity. Just looks awesome now. 🙂

Yes, 2 things I found annoyance with yoke implementation in Tesla. 1) The center horn is gone and became a tiny button that rotates position with wheel. It is not possible to find that button when you turn wheel to avoid accident st same time find where that button goes. It is safety hazard! 2) The missing top bar I can grab when I make U-Turn. Is is just cumbersome. This Gravity wheel doesn’t have those issues and not covering the pilot cockpit screen. I ❤️ it.

I wonder if Lucid allows existing owner to upgrade the steering wheel like Gravity. It would be a good revenue stream.

Back