Lucid needs to train its service advisor to be a bit sympathetic to customers' concerns

Every company has a few jerks, even Rolls Royce
This is sad but very true.

It reminds me of a story from 2007. You may recall the wildfires in San Diego that year, and unfortunately my house was one of the ones that burned to the ground. In my garage at the time was my brand new BMW 650i convertible. Less than 800 miles.

After the fire, my insurance company, which was excellent, paid out the entire value of the car as if it was new. Thrilled, I went to the BMW dealer… the very same dealer what I had bought the prior car. They had a new M6 convertible on the lot. It looked beautiful, but I probably looked like complete crap, having lost the house a week earlier and dressed in the same clothes I’d worn and washed over and over since the fire. The salesman took one look at me and refused to even talk to me about the car. I asked him for a test drive, he refused. He insisted on checking my credit, which I did not want to happen since I was planning on paying cash anyway. I informed him that I had bought several cars at that exact dealership and he looked at me in disbelief. My wife became irritated and said “let’s go.”

We went to the nearby Mercedes dealer. The salesman was great. They had a gorgeous SL55 on the lot, in which my wife and we took a nice long test drive… he didn’t even go (2 seater). I bought the car on the spot.

The BMW is a nice car for sure, ruined by one person’s customer service.

My car's backup/forward/surround view cameras stopped working yesterday. I called Millbrae's service department this morning and reported this issues as well as some other annoying problems. (e.g., starting a call or playing music to discover the car on its own set the volume to the maximum; climate control always forget that I set on the auto mode; entire top row of buttons in the first screen becoming unresponsive during driving).

Anyway, after describing everything, I emphasized that backup camera issue is priority 1 for me. The conversation then went like this:

Me: To me this backup/surround view camera problem is a safety issue. I feel very unsafe to backup the car without the camera view being there.
SA: Well that is not true. Do you always drive a car with a backup camera?
Me: I have been driving only Mercedes for 20+ years before moving onto Lucid.
SA: Does every Mercedes in the 20+ years have a backup camera?

I can't understand what he is trying to argue about. Come to think of it, my first car didn't have airbags. Would he therefore suggest there is no safety concern if one day we find out that Lucid's airbags have problems?
Horrendous. Get his name, rank, and serial number, and let his bosses know. The only way the company gets universally better (more like Bobby's experience in San Diego) is to weed out the incompetency as quickly and completely as possible. Inexcusable.

Back