Lucid is doing something good for Arizona community

Saw a Lucid on 101 S, near Shea , zooming past my car, around 8 pm.
I was a bit surprised at how much noise it generated. Sounded just like an ICE going against the wind. It couldn’t have been faster than 80, 85 mph.

Saw a Lucid on 101 S, near Shea , zooming past my car, around 8 pm.
I was a bit surprised at how much noise it generated. Sounded just like an ICE going against the wind. It couldn’t have been faster than 80, 85 mph.
What kind of noise?

What kind of noise?
I’d describe this as something similar to what you hear when one of those muscle cars trying to overtake you, excep that there’s no engine noise here.
Given the aerodynamics of Lucid, I’d have expected it flying stealthily like a sharp knife cutting butter.

Last edited:
I’d describe this as something similar to what you hear when one of those muscle cars trying to overtake you, excep that there’s no engine noise here.
Given the aerodynamics of Lucid, I’d have expected it flying stealthily like a sharp knife cutting butter.
Got it.

Road noise from tires?

Must've been road noise.
The thing is this stretch of the freeway is actually very smooth, you may recall, so those Pirelli tires are loud.

Must've been road noise.
The thing is this stretch of the freeway is actually very smooth, you may recall, so those Pirelli tires are loud.
High performance summer tires are louder than all-seasons I think. Even for ICE cars, above a certain speed most of the sound for passersby is tire noise, not engine noise. I think that’s why noisemakers are only mandated for EVs at low speeds (at higher speeds tire noise is audible to pedestrians).

Back