Include Used Lucid Owners in Future

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Dear Lucid. I and some other folks here who bought our cars second hand have noticed that we may not be on the list for things like the owner’s club, invite events, etc. Please include us in the future, as we would like to take part and be enthusiastic members of the Lucid Owners Community.”

We have a lot to offer as used lucid owners, I myself go to many car shows and advertise Lucid and tell many folks about it. If I had a referral code I could share those benefits between both buyer and myself. I do answer a lot of questions about Lucid especially in the Tesla Arizona community. I also heard Lucid owners club was started and do think used Lucid owners can add value to that as well.

I ended up going with a new one, but I did look at used ones and asked Lucid questions along those lines. I think that they are still trying to figure things out. They realize that if they don't take care of people who buy their cars used, it will make it harder for those who buy new cars to sell them. And they don't want used cars sitting on lots unsold because somebody looking to buy a new one who sees a used one advertised that stays there week after week might think that there's a problem. They did look at the particular car with a VIN I asked about and told me that I would have had the option to add missing features, but at a slightly higher price than it would have cost new for the same feature. That of course required the hardware to be there. But there are other things that were for the original owner only. I think that charging was one of them, and since the original owner effectively paid for it, I disagree with that strategy, not that it's a big deal to the buyer who presumably paid based on what it seemed to be worth without it.

Hopefully over time Lucid will figure out what to do about that.

I ended up going with a new one, but I did look at used ones and asked Lucid questions along those lines. I think that they are still trying to figure things out. They realize that if they don't take care of people who buy their cars used, it will make it harder for those who buy new cars to sell them. And they don't want used cars sitting on lots unsold because somebody looking to buy a new one who sees a used one advertised that stays there week after week might think that there's a problem. They did look at the particular car with a VIN I asked about and told me that I would have had the option to add missing features, but at a slightly higher price than it would have cost new for the same feature. That of course required the hardware to be there. But there are other things that were for the original owner only. I think that charging was one of them, and since the original owner effectively paid for it, I disagree with that strategy, not that it's a big deal to the buyer who presumably paid based on what it seemed to be worth without it.

Hopefully over time Lucid will figure out what to do about that.
I think most EV manufacturers are not transferring the EA 3 year deal.

Part of me wonders is whatever is excluding off these owner lists is also giving us the benefit of the transferred charging EA free. Also I wonder if the original owner is actually getting all these emails and benefits. You would in theory think there is just a primary owner account list they could just add is on but who knows.

Dear Lucid. I and some other folks here who bought our cars second hand have noticed that we may not be on the list for things like the owner’s club, invite events, etc. Please include us in the future, as we would like to take part and be enthusiastic members of the Lucid Owners Community.”

We have a lot to offer as used lucid owners, I myself go to many car shows and advertise Lucid and tell many folks about it. If I had a referral code I could share those benefits between both buyer and myself. I do answer a lot of questions about Lucid especially in the Tesla Arizona community. I also heard Lucid owners club was started and do think used Lucid owners can add value to that as well.
I only got the “join the owners’ club” email today, so it’s possible yours is still on its way?
I think most EV manufacturers are not transferring the EA 3 year deal.
In theory yes. In practice it does appear to transfer in the case of used Lucids. Whether or not they’ll “fix” this at a later date remains to be seen.

I only got the “join the owners’ club” email today, so it’s possible yours is still on its way?

In theory yes. In practice it does appear to transfer in the case of used Lucids. Whether or not they’ll “fix” this at a later date remains to be seen.
You are a used car owner right ?

Part of me wonders is whatever is excluding off these owner lists is also giving us the benefit of the transferred charging EA free. Also I wonder if the original owner is actually getting all these emails and benefits. You would in theory think there is just a primary owner account list they could just add is on but who knows.
With respect to free EA charging, if Lucid paid a fixed price rather than a kWhr use price, Lucid may be saying screw EA and let the new owner have it. They have the excuse that their system does not track it.

With respect to free EA charging, if Lucid paid a fixed price rather than a kWhr use price, Lucid may be saying screw EA and let the new owner have it. They have the excuse that their system does not track it.
I have seen some used owners get the EA free, and it is well known that executives in Lucid hate EA and how it is tarnishing the brand.

Has any used car owner received
1) referral code
2) invite to lucid owners club
3) invite to special events
Just wanted to check.

I just checked my spam to make sure, but I have received none of those things.

When I log into their site, it doesn't show that I own anything, I'm not sure if it does for people who bought new. If I click the link to check out the owners club, I just get the generic home page.

I suspect all this is tied into having a car tied to your account. Something their internal web team should remedy. Please report it to CS for everyone who's in that position.

I suspect all this is tied into having a car tied to your account. Something their internal web team should remedy. Please report it to CS for everyone who's in that position.
I guess that depends on what an "account" is. My car is tied to my account because I can use the app. Perhaps that system isn't tied to the website for security reasons or something and they don't update the web side when they transfer ownership.

Does your car show up on the website?

I guess that depends on what an "account" is. My car is tied to my account because I can use the app. Perhaps that system isn't tied to the website for security reasons or something and they don't update the web side when they transfer ownership.

Does your car show up on the website?
Yep
Screenshot_20231121_091157_Chrome.jpg

I have brought it up a couple of times but haven’t much success. If anyone has deeper Lucid contacts let them know.

Has any used car owner received
1) referral code
2) invite to lucid owners club
3) invite to special events
Just wanted to check.

I am a new car owner. I do have a referral code. I have enrolled in Lucid Owner Club from the email but nothing has happened yet. There is nothing but an enroll to the club so far. And, I have never been invited to a special event. Therefore, you are not missing much yet.

I am a new car owner. I do have a referral code. I have enrolled in Lucid Owner Club from the email but nothing has happened yet. There is nothing but an enroll to the club so far. And, I have never been invited to a special event. Therefore, you are not missing much yet.
To be fair, they have only had one event.

Back