Lucid in Accident

That being said, I probably am trading a bmw for it (or selling it I should say). Not sure if it will be to keep the air or to get the gravity. Time will tell.

Meh, to each their own. I happen to prefer the more understated luxury, by far, to the more “plush/overstated” BMW/Merc. It’s just personal opinion.
On rare occasions, I'm trying to be polite. 😉

Meh, to each their own. I happen to prefer the more understated luxury, by far, to the more “plush/overstated” BMW/Merc. It’s just personal opinion.
I agree with one caveat: don't take away my buttons and switches and call it "minimalization" when it is in fact just cost savings. If everything is essentially on a screen, to my side, I do not consider that "luxury". I want buttons switches for seating, steering wheel, windows/doors, trunk/hatch, garage door opener (sorry Lucid but I don't need 32 geo fenced settings; I just need a couple of working buttons), HVAC, etc.

. . . garage door opener (sorry Lucid but I don't need 32 geo fenced settings; I just need a couple of working buttons) . . . .

Amen. When I back out of my garage, I have to sit and push three and sometimes four icons to bring the door down. (I still don't know why I get to the right button with three tries sometimes instead of four.) In my Honda, I just tap one of the three buttons under the rearview mirror. Far, far easier.

Amen. When I back out of my garage, I have to sit and push three and sometimes four icons to bring the door down. (I still don't know why I get to the right button with three tries sometimes instead of four.) In my Honda, I just tap one of the three buttons under the rearview mirror. Far, far easier.
Which is why I taped the old school remote in the driver’s side door pocket so that when I press a button it’s not immediately obvious. Much easier than the multiple button presses.

Which is why I taped the old school remote in the driver’s side door pocket so that when I press a button it’s not immediately obvious. Much easier than the multiple button presses.

I'm hoping the Gravity will rectify this. If they want people to be able to control multiple doors/gates at multiple residences, they can still use a bank of convenient buttons (three maybe, which should suffice for a single location) and then have a screen menu item that maps those buttons to different locations, such as "main home", "vacation home", etc.

I'd also rather have too conservative emergency braking than too aggressive emergency braking, and I'm sure Lucid and their lawyers would agree. If it were as "cautious" at highway speeds as it is at parking lot speeds, we'd all have been rear ended by now.
This is true. If you read forums of other vehicles where the emergency braking is prone to give frequent false engagements, people there are bitching about that. My son's four runner has done that to me a couple of times, particularly when driving on a rural two lane road when approaching a bend, it seems to think the approaching guardrail is something I'm going to hit.

Last edited:
Back