Lucid Gravity getting ready for Prime Time

I personally wouldn't mind if Everytime I got in the Gravity a naked lady would fall into my car...but that seems a little excessive for Lucid to introduce as a luxury amenity.

From your lips to.... Could I get one too????

It doesn't always go as well as one might hope:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 10.10.46 AM.png

I will also say this - when we give up our Tesla Model X in favour of the Gravity, my 93-year-old dad will miss those falcon wing doors. It’s never been a struggle for him getting in and out.
Having never owned an Odyssey, I will say the Gravity felt positively cavernous. The third row seats were comfortable, but the second row seats were basically recliner amounts of space

I did not miss the 5 inches lol

Also, the doors open 90 degrees again, fwiww, and the car is higher, so ingress/egress should be just fine.

Same here -- 2011 and 2018. Up until now, the only car I've ever been reluctant to shed was an Audi R8 V10 Spyder. I think the Honda will become the second.
My dream car. 😍

I think it's fine as long as you aren't in Florida. Floridaman and Florida woman exist for a reason.

Yeah. The mix of anticipation and worry with which I turn on the news down here every morning is like nothing I've experienced anywhere else.

Any chance the Gravity Dream might come with the option of 2nd-row captain chairs?
🤐

(Also, I don’t know, lol - but they talked about it for the gravity more generally, no idea about the dream)

🤐

(Also, I don’t know, lol - but they talked about it for the gravity more generally, no idea about the dream)

I wish Lucid would quit teasing rear recliners unless they're actually going to do them. I spent the first couple of years after the Air reveal lusting for those rear recliners that inundated the media coverage of the car. I can't count the times I saw Rawlinson sitting in them being photographed, even being interviewed in them, and the photos of svelte young ladies chatting and smiling amiably as they were squired around in them. Even though they made the trunk tiny, the frunk was so capacious that I wasn't worried. But then I found out they could only be installed with the smaller battery pack in order for the leg supports to swing up, and I abandoned the hope of seeing them in the Dream Edition. I have since abandoned the expectation of ever seeing them in any version of the Air.

The footwell depth issue should go away with the Gravity. But early information on the Gravity Dream seems to indicate only 7-person seating will be available. So, not even captain chairs, much less recliners, for the top-trim Gravity?

Why go through this teasing all over again? It leaves me with a very oily feeling about Lucid marketing.

Remember this from the Lucid website:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 9.10.06 AM.png

Or this, showing they actually got as far as building prototype recliners that they allowed to be photographed for publicity purposes:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 9.12.44 AM.png

I wish Lucid would quit teasing rear recliners unless they're actually going to do them. I spent the first couple of years after the Air reveal lusting for those rear recliners that inundated the media coverage of the car. I can't count the times I saw Rawlinson sitting in them being photographed, even being interviewed in them, and the photos of svelte young ladies chatting and smiling amiably as they were squired around in them. Even though they made the trunk tiny, the frunk was so capacious that I wasn't worried. But then I found out they could only be installed with the smaller battery pack in order for the leg supports to swing up, and I abandoned the hope of seeing them in the Dream Edition. I have since abandoned the expectation of ever seeing them in any version of the Air.

The footwell depth issue should go away with the Gravity. But early information on the Gravity Dream seems to indicate only 7-person seating will be available. So, not even captain chairs, much less recliners, for the top-trim Gravity?

Why go through this teasing all over again? It leaves me with a very oily feeling about Lucid marketing.

Remember this from the Lucid website:

View attachment 18842

Or this, showing they actually got as far as building prototype recliners that they allowed to be photographed for publicity purposes:

View attachment 18843
I agree with you on the recliners (which i considered a major feature). Our EV9 does have them, but it is near useless when the front seats are at their normal position. Even if they didn't do the recliners, I wish the Lucid had more rear seat features, like power reclining, ventilated, and massaging seats, instead of just the heated seats in the back. Today, a lot of competitors in the space have at least ventilated rear seats (the bmw i7, eqs, lincoln aviators, even my kia has them).

However, I'm not sure what abomination that is in your second picture, since I've never seen it. The design doesn't really look like something Lucid would make, either. In fact, from all the design features and d pillar, my guess is that is a Toyota Sienna with the far back slide feature.

How many are trading their Sedans for the Gravity or just adding it to their fleet?

However, I'm not sure what abomination that is in your second picture, since I've never seen it. The design doesn't really look like something Lucid would make, either. In fact, from all the design features and d pillar, my guess is that is a Toyota Sienna with the far back slide feature.
That is 100% a 2022 Sienna Platinum, haha.
I'd love more seating configurations in the Gravity Dream for sure. The number of times I've wanted a 7-seater is, well, zero. The number of times I've slept in the back of an SUV? I can't count. Stick me in a reclining chair with a skylight and I'd be set.
How many are trading their Sedans for the Gravity or just adding it to their fleet?
I am. The Air is a lot of fun, but just doesn't make sense for me long term.

That is 100% a 2022 Sienna Platinum, haha.

Good catch. This photo was in an early article exclusively about the Gravity, so I assumed Lucid had just bought seats from some source to check out the proof of concept. For instance, the Gravitys that are now being road tested actually have front seats from the Lucid Air, and early Air test vehicles used rear seats from Volvos. But it does appear that not only the seats, but the entire vehicle is a Sienna.

I'd love more seating configurations in the Gravity Dream for sure. The number of times I've wanted a 7-seater is, well, zero. The number of times I've slept in the back of the SUV? I can't count. Stick me in a reclining chair with a skylight and I'd be set.

Same here. We do often carry 6 adults in our Odyssey, but it's been a long time since we carried 7. As roomy as the Air rear seat is, it does still jack up the knees a bit. It's fine for local outings, but for long hauls that can become an issue for people in our arthritic age group. So, just as we sometimes use the Odyssey instead of the Air as our day-tripper with 4 adults, we would use the Gravity.

Seriously considering it, but need to see one in person first. My kids love my GT though...

We're going to keep our Air Dream P and get rid of our Odyssey when the Gravity arrives.

The only reason we have three vehicles right now is that both my partner and I each want full access to an EV, and we need a 6-adult hauler. But if the Gravity meets the 6-adult need and drives anything near as well as the Air, the Air and the Gravity will be all we need.

At that point, the Tesla Model S Plaid might also go. It just doesn't hold up against the Air in terms of room, ride, comfort, or handling. The few extra 10ths of acceleration are meaningless in public-road driving and are lost anyway to its less secure handling under heavy throttle.

Hello? NY!
“A person was sitting at a bus stop playing Wordle, and somebody else punched him because he couldn’t get the correct word. Then, a truck came by and splashed some water on them, so they both teamed up to beat him up. While they dragged him out and he fell into one of the numerous sinkholes in the street, a group of thugs stole the truck and crashed into a NYPD van, who initially were about to arrest them but had to let them go due to somebody robbing a nearby bank.”
- Average NYC morning news

Last edited:
One of my favorite Florida stories is the guy who, after being handed his drink, threw a 3.5' alligator through the drive-thru window at a Wendy's and sped off.

One of my favorite Florida stories is the guy who, after being handed his drink, threw a 3.5' alligator through the drive-thru window at a Wendy's and sped off.
What even... where does one obtain an alligator? And even if he did obtain an alligator, why was it in the car? 🤣

I suppose the fact that there even is an alligator in the story ensures that it happened in Florida. Weird state... the cost you pay for no state income tax, I guess 🤣

“A person was sitting at a bus stop playing Wordle, and somebody else punched him because he couldn’t get the correct word. Then, a truck came by and splashed some water on them, so they both teamed up to beat him up. While they dragged him out and he fell into one of the numerous sinkholes in the street, a group of thugs stole the truck and crashed into a NYPD van, who initially were about to arrest them but had to let them go due to somebody robbing a nearby bank.”
- Average NYC morning news
So very very NY. :(

Back