Lucid Gravity getting ready for Prime Time

Just got an invitation for a private group viewing of the Gravity on the evening of March 5 at West Palm Beach. Public views will be March 6-13. No one will be allowed to enter the vehicle at any of the showings.

We're going to be there on the 5th and will make a second trip in the following days if any friends are interested.
This should be very interesting. Please do give me your thoughts on the perceived legroom and toe-room in the second/third row compared to your odyssey or the air, as this is also important to me as well as you!

This should be very interesting. Please do give me your thoughts on the perceived legroom and toe-room in the second/third row compared to your odyssey or the air, as this is also important to me as well as you!
2nd row - Odyssey has more, 3rd row - Gravity footwell is deeper, so better for taller folks

2nd row - Odyssey has more, 3rd row - Gravity footwell is deeper, so better for taller folks
Well, that's somewhat disappointing in regards to the second row, and fantastic with the (albeit lesser used) third row. Then again, I doubt the second row was pushed all the way back when you guys sat in it. How is the second row compared to the Air then? Is it the same as the air, just with more toeroom? That would pretty much be sufficient and secure our day 1 reservation.

Fore/aft. The Odyssey is 5 inches longer than the Gravity. Gravity is much roomier then the EV9 though. Nothing will beat a minivan in space if that's what you are expecting. The Gravity gets close, but it's still not the same.

Just got an invitation for a private group viewing of the Gravity on the evening of March 5 at West Palm Beach. Public views will be March 6-13. No one will be allowed to enter the vehicle at any of the showings.

We're going to be there on the 5th and will make a second trip in the following days if any friends are interested.

A few weeks ago, I heard through a Lucid employee participating in one of our local meetups that the Gravity would be on display for about a week, in Newport Beach CA, about 100 miles from where I live.

So I drove the 100 miles, took a look at the Gravity, had a chance meeting with the very nice gentleman who delivered my car to me well over a year ago (Mark Sulak - now Lucid Studio sales manager in San Diego CA). Then, appetite sufficiently whetted, I drove away.

You’re correct. We are not allowed to clamber all over the vehicle. Mark told me that only three Gravity(s)/Gravities have been built so far, with more to be built by July. When more become available for showrooms the public will be allowed to climb inside and beat up on them.

Attachments

• IMG_9500.jpeg
    IMG_9500.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9499.jpeg
    IMG_9499.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9498.jpeg
    IMG_9498.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9497.jpeg
    IMG_9497.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9496.jpeg
    IMG_9496.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9495.jpeg
    IMG_9495.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
Fore/aft. The Odyssey is 5 inches longer than the Gravity. Gravity is much roomier then the EV9 though. Nothing will beat a minivan in space if that's what you are expecting. The Gravity gets close, but it's still not the same.

That's a bit disappointing. Although the Odyssey is 5" longer, the Gravity wheelbase is 1.4" longer than the Odyssey's (119.5" vs. 118.1"), and that's usually more relevant to cabin space. I was hoping the shorter Gravity exterior would be the result of shortening the front end due to a more compact drivetrain, not of taking space out of the interior.

Fore/aft. The Odyssey is 5 inches longer than the Gravity. Gravity is much roomier then the EV9 though.
That's honestly bonkers, actually. The EV9 has absolutely RIDICULOUS second row space in all dimensions, even for my 5'11 self. I could put my legs at a 153 degree angle, and the toeroom is absolutely insane with the added bonus of a fold out recliner and power seats(poor man's i7, lol). The third row should be absolutely destroyed by the Gravity, though. I'm sure combined legroom, as well as cargo, is far more! If its bigger than the EV9 and has more third row room, I would say that the legroom would be sufficient for @hmp10 .

That’s enough of an endorsement for me. I think I might have already said that I’ve owned two Honda Odysseys, both completely marvelous vehicles, and peerless in doing what they’re designed to do - haul seven/eight elderly people and all their stuff.

I will also say this - when we give up our Tesla Model X in favour of the Gravity, my 93-year-old dad will miss those falcon wing doors. It’s never been a struggle for him getting in and out.

That's a bit disappointing. Although the Odyssey is 5" longer, the Gravity wheelbase is 1.4" longer than the Odyssey's, and that's usually more relevant to cabin space. I was hoping the shorter Gravity exterior would be the result of shortening the front end due to a more compact drivetrain, not of taking space out of the interior.
Don't be, you can still fit 7 6' adults comfortably for a reasonably long drive.

That’s enough of an endorsement for me. I think I might have already said that I’ve owned two Honda Odysseys, both completely marvelous vehicles, and peerless in doing what they’re designed to do - haul seven/eight elderly people and all their stuff.

I will also say this - when we give up our Tesla Model X in favour of the Gravity, my 93-year-old dad will miss those falcon wing doors. It’s never been a struggle for him getting in and out.
You see, I think I've found the perfect vehicle for your dad.. he can even time travel!

1709217912537.png

. . . I’ve owned two Honda Odysseys, both completely marvelous vehicles, and peerless in doing what they’re designed to do - haul seven/eight elderly people and all their stuff.

Same here -- 2011 and 2018. Up until now, the only car I've ever been reluctant to shed was an Audi R8 V10 Spyder. I think the Honda will become the second.

Same here -- 2011 and 2018. Up until now, the only car I've ever been reluctant to shed was an Audi R8 V10 Spyder. I think the Honda will become the second.
I'll note the stark contrast between the cars you didn't want to shed, a cutting edge Lambo-engined supercar and a minivan 🤣

And I did notice, all four doors swing open very wide. Just like the doors on the Air.

That will certainly be nice. But I'm still gonna miss those rear sliders on the Odyssey. I don't think I'll ever understand why they got such a poor reception from the public. They can't be beat for ease of use in tight spaces.

I'll note the stark contrast between the cars you didn't want to shed, a cutting edge Lambo-engined supercar and a minivan 🤣

As @Bus Driver said, the Odyssey was peerless in doing what it was designed to do. Same with the Audi.

I'm pretty sure I'll one day have the same regret in letting go of our Air Dream Edition. I'm just praying there will be a sports sedan as good to follow it.

Me too! I posted on Florida Group. I will meet you there on the 5th!

IMG_0050.jpeg

Back