Lucid Customer Service

MoniputerLM

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream Edition Performance
DE Number
I have said this a few times but it's worth repeating. I have called the customer support line a lot in the last 7 months and had my car serviced several times by the Houston service center. Lucid has the best trained service group that I have had the pleasure to interact with of any car company and in the top 5 of any company!

Job well done!

I hope that they can keep the level of service high as the number of cars increases.

I second that; Lucid's techs and CS are fantastic. Recently I noticed a bubble on the sidewall of my front passenger-side tire. The tech for northern Utah ordered a new tire and came to my house to install it. He even had to go to a tire store to have it mounted since his van didn't have that equipment.
I didn't have to do anything, other than initially send him a photo of the bad tire.

I dropped off my car this morning to service here in the Denver Metro area for the first time, and I have to say, I’m impressed so far with the folks on our local team. Lucid clearly has to grow and expand their presence to get themselves up to the “luxury” level of their competitors, blah, blah. But they seem to have a knack for finding good people, and that’s the most important bit. Infrastructure takes time. But if you hire a bunch of bozos, all the infrastructure in the world won’t save you.

I dropped off my car this morning to service here in the Denver Metro area for the first time, and I have to say, I’m impressed so far with the folks on our local team. Lucid clearly has to grow and expand their presence to get themselves up to the “luxury” level of their competitors, blah, blah. But they seem to have a knack for finding good people, and that’s the most important bit. Infrastructure takes time. But if you hire a bunch of bozos, all the infrastructure in the world won’t save you.

Hi Joe, where is the service at in Denver? Still haven't received my Touring yet. I did call the DA yesterday to inquire of its whereabouts now and it's still at the Scottsdale service center. David said three are coming up and they were waiting on one more to go through PDI.

Sevice is located in Englewood, which is a bit south of Denver. Near Lone Tree. It's not an "official" Lucid service center, but the team there are full-time Lucid employees. They share the space with a collision shop.

Sevice is located in Englewood, which is a bit south of Denver. Near Lone Tree. It's not an "official" Lucid service center, but the team there are full-time Lucid employees. They share the space with a collision shop.
Thank you so much Joe, great to know that!

I second that; Lucid's techs and CS are fantastic. Recently I noticed a bubble on the sidewall of my front passenger-side tire. The tech for northern Utah ordered a new tire and came to my house to install it. He even had to go to a tire store to have it mounted since his van didn't have that equipment.
I didn't have to do anything, other than initially send him a photo of the bad tire.
I wrote this post with the impression that the tire and the service would be free. The tech never mentioned any cost and the preauthorization/work order document showed $0 in all the billing lines; however, after the work was complete, I received an invoice from Lucid for $568. When I mentioned the preauthorization/work order, Lucid honored the document and billed me $0.

I don’t have a bone to pick with Lucid customer Service. I just feel that their customer service is very inconsistent. While some experienced great services, other have experienced mixed result. Case in point, I picked my AT on Feb. 19, 2023 and noticed some blemishes on the car and wrote them all down on the due bill. About 5 days later and no one contacted me about the due bill items, I contacted Lucid Customer Care. Customer Car scheduled an appointment for me at the Millbrae Service Center for 3/13/2023. On Monday 3/13, I dropped off my AT at Millbrae and Lucid provided me a rental. Tuesday, I received the Service Agreement, signed it and returned it. It has been 5 days since I dropped off my car. It just sat in the parking lot. I received a status update yesterday and decided to follow up with my service advisor today. Here is a screenshot of the exchange.
DB587859-7954-42E2-AB81-5485D4A4E0C7.jpeg

The Millbrae Service crew are outstanding. I know for a fact they are working extensive overtime including weekends to prepare and deliver cars to new owners. I encourage you to be patient and allow them to get to your car when the appropriate personnel are available. You were given a "free" rental and I'm confident you will be pleased with the result when you get your car back.

I don’t have a bone to pick with Lucid customer Service. I just feel that their customer service is very inconsistent. While some experienced great services, other have experienced mixed result. Case in point, I picked my AT on Feb. 19, 2023 and noticed some blemishes on the car and wrote them all down on the due bill. About 5 days later and no one contacted me about the due bill items, I contacted Lucid Customer Care. Customer Car scheduled an appointment for me at the Millbrae Service Center for 3/13/2023. On Monday 3/13, I dropped off my AT at Millbrae and Lucid provided me a rental. Tuesday, I received the Service Agreement, signed it and returned it. It has been 5 days since I dropped off my car. It just sat in the parking lot. I received a status update yesterday and decided to follow up with my service advisor today. Here is a screenshot of the exchange.View attachment 10595
Drove car home on 3/4, let it sit 2 weeks, rear windshield developed a crack. Pretty sure it's a factory defect given the starting point. The guy you were texting with dealt with me and would not even acknowledge the possibility that it's potentially a defect.. Not a good customer experience.

Good morning Joe. Received call yesterday from an employee at the Denver studio that I didn't recognize. My car will be here this weekend and we set up a date and time to pick it up, that being Tuesday 3/21 10am. If your not doing anything, come on down!

The Millbrae Service crew are outstanding. I know for a fact they are working extensive overtime including weekends to prepare and deliver cars to new owners. I encourage you to be patient and allow them to get to your car when the appropriate personnel are available. You were given a "free" rental and I'm confident you will be pleased with the result when you get your car back.

There are two competing goals here. One is to build a good, responsive adequately staffed customer service function; the other is to sell more cars. The more cars they can sell, the more cars that will need service at some point. So adequately staffing a customer service function with good employees (the ones I have met, here in Scottsdale, are superb) is a real challenge, sort of like a pet chasing its own tail. Everyone talks about the advantages of not having a dealer network but the dealer network is helping companies like Mercedes and BMW to adequately service their new BEVs.

I am not saying that Lucid should have a dealer network. It will be a real challenge to build an adequate customer service function while selling more and more cars. I, for one, don't know the answer.

Drove car home on 3/4, let it sit 2 weeks, rear windshield developed a crack. Pretty sure it's a factory defect given the starting point. The guy you were texting with dealt with me and would not even acknowledge the possibility that it's potentially a defect.. Not a good customer experience.
Christopher is spectacular, but that entire team is overworked and overwhelmed right now. Take it from someone who has been working with Millbrae since Jan 2022 - they really are an incredible team, and Christopher/Ron/Budd are stars.

That said, he’s also honest - it is end of quarter, and things are hectic as they manage deliveries for the end of the quarter. I would cut them a bit of slack while they continue to grow and further improve. Hiring right now is very hard, across the board.

As for the windshield issue - do you have a picture? I had one that started with no visible chip, underneath the cantrail, and they had no problem acknowledging that it was a defect; I suspect a picture would go a long way?

There are two competing goals here. One is to build a good, responsive adequately staffed customer service function; the other is to sell more cars. The more cars they can sell, the more cars that will need service at some point. So adequately staffing a customer service function with good employees (the ones I have met, here in Scottsdale, are superb) is a real challenge, sort of like a pet chasing its own tail. Everyone talks about the advantages of not having a dealer network but the dealer network is helping companies like Mercedes and BMW to adequately service their new BEVs.

I am not saying that Lucid should have a dealer network. It will be a real challenge to build an adequate customer service function while selling more and more cars. I, for one, don't know the answer.
Agreed; hiring and staffing is super hard right now. It will get better with time, but it isn’t easy to build a good staff right now, especially when they’re expected to both do service and deliveries. I suspect over time there will be folks dedicated to one or the other, but it’ll take time to get there.

Christopher is spectacular, but that entire team is overworked and overwhelmed right now. Take it from someone who has been working with Millbrae since Jan 2022 - they really are an incredible team, and Christopher/Ron/Budd are stars.

That said, he’s also honest - it is end of quarter, and things are hectic as they manage deliveries for the end of the quarter. I would cut them a bit of slack while they continue to grow and further improve. Hiring right now is very hard, across the board.

As for the windshield issue - do you have a picture? I had one that started with no visible chip, underneath the cantrail, and they had no problem acknowledging that it was a defect; I suspect a picture would go a long way?
Image attached. My Course 3 wife says it was likely an issue accelerated by the low temperatures we've had recently. It was unfortunately discovered by the detailing shop, so Chris was very cya, accusing the shop first thing.

How hard did have to push to get them to agree that yours was a defect?

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_151111.jpg
    IMG_20230320_151111.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 123

To me, Christopher has ranged from being spectacular to antagonistic. If it wasn’t for Ron talking me off the ledge and getting my issues resolved, I would have sold my car and never looked back because of my service experience. I don’t want to say any more on the subject, but I am sure that 90% of the issues stem from using text messages as a primary source of communication/miscommunication. I’m sorry to hear that it is still happening.

Not to be picking on Christopher and the team. I'm they are over worked and understaffed.

To me, Christopher has ranged from being spectacular to antagonistic. If it wasn’t for Ron talking me off the ledge and getting my issues resolved, I would have sold my car and never looked back because of my service experience. I don’t want to say any more on the subject, but I am sure that 90% of the issues stem from using text messages as a primary source of communication/miscommunication. I’m sorry to hear that it is still happening.
Did you go through the Lucid dispute process or through arbitration? Apologies for bringing this up, just trying to figure out a path forward for myself - appreciate your insight.

Did you go through the Lucid dispute process or through arbitration? Apologies for bringing this up, just trying to figure out a path forward for myself - appreciate your insight.
I reached out to Ron Reyes and he remedied the situation pretty quickly. I hesitated to bring it up here, but since names were named I wanted to make sure you knew that your experience was not unique. I’m not trying to get anyone in trouble because he is a hard working and knowledgeable guy. I’m positive that if text wasn’t the communication method, my situation would never have escalated the way it did. New car owners don’t want to hear over text that a serious repair was being denied because of owner fault, which was clearly not the case. I’m glad that Ron intervened because I love my car.

Back