Lucid charging cable failure x 2.

stratus

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid air grand touring
Have a question for the group. I have had 2 Lucid charging cables fail in a period of five months. Both times the charger gave me a nine blink error, which indicates an internal charging cable malfunction. The second instance happened today after I unplugged the charger and moved it to a different outlet. Has anyone else experience this and does anyone think it’s possible that my NEMA outlets are somehow causing an internal charger error? Just seems so odd that has happened twice.

Have a question for the group. I have had 2 Lucid charging cables fail in a period of five months. Both times the charger gave me a nine blink error, which indicates an internal charging cable malfunction. The second instance happened today after I unplugged the charger and moved it to a different outlet. Has anyone else experience this and does anyone think it’s possible that my NEMA outlets are somehow causing an internal charger error? Just seems so odd that has happened twice.
I have not heard of this being a problem. I doubt it is your 14-50 outlets but it could be an issue with voltage spikes in your supply. It would be hard to determine if that was the cause.

I have not heard of this being a problem. I doubt it is your 14-50 outlets but it could be an issue with voltage spikes in your supply. It would be hard to determine if that was the cause.

Thanks for your response. I thought about the possibility of voltage spikes and will discuss it with the Lucid team. I think from now on I’m just going to make sure I leave the charging cable plugged in as that may potentially reduce the possibility of another failure. Who knows.

Hello Guys - For home charging if you retained your power plug (110 or 220) you can protect your car from power spikes, line surges and more importantly lighting using an RV surge protector. If the power is too low or too high or spikes it instantly disconnects the power until the line is stable again. It just plugs in no wiring needed. Camping world sells a number of protectors. Regards - Mike
surge.png

I know this is not the most riveting topic, but I wanted to follow up. I left the charger plugged in overnight and decided to check it out the next morning, and it was fine with no further error. If any of you experience this problem it may be good to leave it plugged in for a while to see if the corrects itself. I still have the original faulty charger and I left that one plugged in overnight also, as a test , and that one did not correct itself.

Back