Lucid Air Touring v Porsche Taycan

the taycan may not be the best choice for a family hauler, everyone has their unique needs, for an old fogey like myself the rear seats aren't a large concern and for me the car was a great DD and road tripper.
I have not been able to get the driver's seat in my lucid into that perfect position, the taycan was much better in that regard.
I used to be a BMW owner and there were three different front seats and wildly differing viewpoints on comfort. What I cam away with is that seats are very particular to individuals and one needs to do as long a test drive as possible, to see if a particular car's particular seat works for you.

I used to be a BMW owner and there were three different front seats and wildly differing viewpoints on comfort. What I cam away with is that seats are very particular to individuals and one needs to do as long a test drive as possible, to see if a particular car's particular seat works for you.
Steve, it reminds me of my wife & I going into a Volvo dealer a number of years ago. Volvo had a reputation of having some of the most comfortable seats in the industry. So off we went on a test drive with both of us returning and swearing the seats were among the most uncomfortable we had sat in. Go figure, bodies are different.

Steve, it reminds me of my wife & I going into a Volvo dealer a number of years ago. Volvo had a reputation of having some of the most comfortable seats in the industry. So off we went on a test drive with both of us returning and swearing the seats were among the most uncomfortable we had sat in. Go figure, bodies are different.
You are so right! I know you have been (and presumably still are) on the BMW forums and they are replate with folks praising or criticizing particular seats. There might be a seat for every butt but not necessarily from a given manufacturer.

As so often has been said: beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that in turn is driven by cultural norms. One of the matters that I really like about the EV landscape now is that there are so many choices, not just Tesla or Leaf. One can determine type of vehicle (sedan, crossover, truck), and features (range, appearance, power, handling, seating, availability, etc. etc.) and pick one that fits one's desires and needs. I was on the waiting list for years for the Lucid RWD Pure when the Genesis GV60 Performance popped up in my market (one of 8 original states). It checked as many of my boxes as the Lucid, just different ones, as the only EV that is perfect for me is inside my head.

Back