Out of spec review of Taycan vs Plaid vs Lucid

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring

This was pretty entertaining, but I actually agree with Dave in many of these points.

The Taycan was on my list to get between the Lucid, however, the price point of what you get versus the Lucid, I thought Porsche was cheap, meaning penny pinching at every option where it could be one solid option.
You'd get very slow acceleration at similar price points and not a lot of interior room at all. But being a Porsche, mostly cared about the front 2 people anyways.
But lucid is very much just an all rounder that's able to handle well, and maybe not as good as the Taycan, but pretty close for the size and weight of this thing.

And the Plaid is great in straight lines, and that's about it.. Build quality and creaks are still second to none when it comes to Tesla.

But I've had 0 creaking in the Lucid, so I'm surprised he mentioned that. But I also think Lucid should've done something more creative about the sun visor. Gets in my way too, wish we can just remove it completely, or fold up and out like the X. Oh well.

Im super happy I went with the Lucid and sounds like Dave may have reconsidered as well.

His videos and Kyle's are usually informative but about 5x too long. Unfortunately they get paid by the viewing hour.

Back