Out of spec Dave on Lucid vs Porsche

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring

@OutofSpecDave this was a great discussion and appreciated the insight on both. You did your research and came prepared and cited off stats and nunbers with ease, well done!

The fact that the Taycan was similar in weight to the Lucid and also how most everyone who reviews the Lucid says it handles just as good if not better are two key highlights.

Great video and worth the watch!

Disagree with a lot of the comments by Dave about the audio, tuning, and a few other aspects. He is honest about his opinions though from his perspective. The discussion was overwhelmingly positive and should encourage follow-up by viewers to both brands.

Disagree with a lot of the comments by Dave about the audio, tuning, and a few other aspects. He is honest about his opinions though from his perspective. The discussion was overwhelmingly positive and should encourage follow-up by viewers to both brands.
I agree, forgot to mention the audio comment.

The audio in the Lucid is the best I've ever heard. It's neutral.

And after loving the sennheiser curve all my life and considering myself an audiophile. I can see how someone wouldn't like lucid if it doesn't have super punchy bass like the Tesla's or Beats By Dre

I have owned four Porsches, the last one being the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid. Dave thinks the Taycan Cross Turismo is better looking than the Lucid but to me the Cross Turismo looks like a station wagon and I just can't go there. His comments on the audio indicate he probably isn't listening to Dolby Atmos recordings, but even with Atmos I find the Lucid audio to be outstanding.

Of course the Sport Turismo is a (station) wagon.

A wagon with a coupe/sports back. Not a 70's style squareback wagon. And most definitely the best looking and most practical of the Taycans.

I have yet to read a professional auto journalist claim Dream/GT/Performance handles better than Taycan Turbo or Turbo S.

Maybe Sapphire.

Air is the Range Champ and should be the Charging Champ once the software is sorted out. Plus it gets a bunch of silver medals.

That is what makes it the Overall Champion IMO.

@Paladin732 Has both, maybe he can chime in
IMHO, the Taycan handles ever slightly better, but at the cost of significant range (almost half) and significant storage space (incomparable, tbh, as the Lucid has so much space it’s ridiculous).

The Taycan is a great vehicle, and beautiful inside, but I’d never cross the country in it. I’d absolutely do that in the Lucid.

IMHO, the Taycan handles ever slightly better, but at the cost of significant range (almost half) and significant storage space (incomparable, tbh, as the Lucid has so much space it’s ridiculous).

The Taycan is a great vehicle, and beautiful inside, but I’d never cross the country in it. I’d absolutely do that in the Lucid.
People also seem surprised but the Taycan doesn't weigh far off from the Lucid. So a comparison could definitely be made I think.

Some people think it's blasphemy or something

People also seem surprised but the Taycan doesn't weigh far off from the Lucid. So a comparison could definitely be made I think.

Some people think it's blasphemy or something
Nah, pros and cons! Listen, I love my friend's R8 and I loved his Huracan too, but I wouldn't drive them from SF to LA. :) The Lucid I'd drive up and down the coast all day, with half my belongings in tow, and still get insane handling and torque.

Just different purposes. I'm still waiting for a tiny roadster-style Lucid or other EV; my dream garage is my tiny EV roadster (give me a miata with better tires/brakes and 1-2 Lucid motors 🤤), the Lucid Air (or similar touring vehicle), and my wife's crossover (because I hate driving SUVs, so that one gets to be my wife's 🤫🤣).

Back